User Tag List

First 142223242526 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Christian said it was real.
    But, what is real? Real can mean many things ... love itself is intangible yet we say it's real.

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Because the creators very specifically debunked this theory long ago, so it cannot be true.
    Well, perhaps they weren't being exactly honest ... I mean, their job is to make money, not necessarily uphold integrity in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    if claire, kate, sawyer, other dude and pilot made if off the island, why were they in the sideways reality? plus the plane shot at the very end didn't appear "fixable".
    Indeed. I just think if redemption was the overall theme, what was all the extra stuff for? Exactly? Everyone else's version of redemption?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

PeaceBaby, you're trying way too hard, but you're not alone. Many people are trying to find hidden meaning, twists, etc. It reminds me of The Tale of Scrotie McBoogerballs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ I am just curious actually ... I'm certainly not going to invest that much time into it ... see why I stopped watching it? LOL!

It reminds me of dissecting literature ... trying to ascertain what the writer's message was, what was the symbolism etc. Sometimes sitting there in classes I would imagine the writer rolling their eyes at the imaginative stuff we all cooked up that was never a part of the vision; the author of each work could never even imagine that people centuries later would misconstrue their message so.

Here though is almost the opposite - the writers seemed to deliberately obfuscate their message, to make the series last on TV as long as possible. It bugs me and I guess I need to get that off my chest.

So, nuff LOSTIE stuff for me. Not going to buy the DVD's for sure!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I don't think they were trying to make it last as long as possible. If anything, time limits forced them to cut explanations short.

I'm not going to buy any DVDs either. I'll just find a way to get it for free.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

not many shows take as many breaks as lost did, so that mixed with the way they've concocted such a mish mosh of shit and thrown it at us over the last 6 years leaves me to believe that the writer's, cast and crew's heart and soul weren't really into the show possibly after the first few seasons. as for season 6, i stopped watching this show a few years ago because of all the confusion and only just hopped back on board for the last episode so no, i definitely won't be purchasing season 6 on DVD. i'll watch it for free instead if I remember to look for it.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

From what I recall though, the original scripting was planned out for four or max five seasons ...

Like the X-Files ... Chris Carter saying Mulder & Scully would never get together, the show would be a tight five seasons, no more. Sure.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I think Lost would've benefited from a more BBC-style where the storyline arc has a planned time length from the start.

However, American broadcast television is simply not run that way.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    From what I recall though, the original scripting was planned out for four or max five seasons ...
    I've never heard this before. Everything I've heard is that the show could have gone on much longer than 6 seasons (or 100+ episodes).

MBTI
    STFU

Lost, aka White People on an Island.

it seems that the only black character who gets to go to heaven is rose. and she married a white man.
    "All authority of any kind, especially in the field of thought and understanding, is destructive and evil. Leaders destroy the followers and the followers destroy the leaders. You have to be your own teacher and your own disciple. You have to question everything that man has accepted as valuable, as necessary."
    -
    J.Krishnamurti

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    There's a movie that reminds me of this and I am struggling to remember the title ... will post once it comes back to me.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xEMp2iOkzs"]Here you go ...[/YOUTUBE]
    Eleanor Roosevelt

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching