User Tag List

First 132122232425 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Why does everyone have to insist the island was "real" - they could have been dead the whole time and their souls having this experience together "on the island". Just sayin'
    Christian said it was real.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Why does everyone have to insist the island was "real" - they could have been dead the whole time and their souls having this experience together "on the island". Just sayin'
    Because the creators very specifically debunked this theory long ago, so it cannot be true.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

ok, so they all lived on the island after surviving the plane crash and as they moved on they went to the sideways reality while waiting for jack? i'm assuming the ones that didn't follow them into the light from the church were not ready?
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I think the Island was real. It would seem strange to create the sideways universe if they got to leave the Island in Season 4 and live in the "real world". The sideways universe would be another version of that? Why have a Purgatory within a Purgatory?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jen View Post
    ok, so they all lived on the island after surviving the plane crash and as they moved on they went to the sideways reality while waiting for jack? i'm assuming the ones that didn't follow them into the light from the church were not ready?
    Christian said their place had no time, so there is no waiting in a place without time.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

well we know how charlie dies and ana lucia. i can't remember the others who died... so when they died, they went to this sideways place? ok ana lucia wasn't in the finale so i guess she didn't make it, but you catch my drift. ;P

when michael left the island, did he really go back to the city he lived in?

not well thought out by the writers imo. just making shit up as they went along. like this.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

I just read that on Jimmy Kimmel last night Harold Perrineau said Michael wasn't there because he had to remain on the Island as a ghost.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

if claire, kate, sawyer, other dude and pilot made if off the island, why were they in the sideways reality? plus the plane shot at the very end didn't appear "fixable".

"I was definitely entertained for six years. However, I am disappointed because I feel like I never got any real answers about what the island actually was, what was Dharma’s purpose, the numbers, why couldn’t pregnant woman give birth on the island, why did Widmore want it all so much, etc etc etc. We wasted whole seasons on who exactly Ben Linus was, the creepy Russian with one eye, all the psycho Dharma others, the "specialness" of Aaron and Walt, when none of it apparently mattered, and was only 1/25 of the plot. I feel like the writers just got lazy and went with the whole “mythical magical Jacob” vague storyline to explain away six years of intrigue. Loved all the reunions though (especially Shannon and Sayid and Sawyer and Juliet)." -random internet person

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

if claire, kate, sawyer, other dude and pilot made if off the island, why were they in the sideways reality? plus the plane shot at the very end didn't appear "fixable".
    They died later. I suspect Hurley died centuries later.

'Lost' to address unanswered mysteries with DVD extras. PLUS: A killer hip-hop salute to the show!

lol

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

"I was definitely entertained for six years. However, I am disappointed because I feel like I never got any real answers about what the island actually was, what was Dharma’s purpose, the numbers, why couldn’t pregnant woman give birth on the island, why did Widmore want it all so much, etc etc etc. We wasted whole seasons on who exactly Ben Linus was, the creepy Russian with one eye, all the psycho Dharma others, the "specialness" of Aaron and Walt, when none of it apparently mattered, and was only 1/25 of the plot. I feel like the writers just got lazy and went with the whole “mythical magical Jacob” vague storyline to explain away six years of intrigue. Loved all the reunions though (especially Shannon and Sayid and Sawyer and Juliet)." -random internet person
    Yeah that's it. They kept adding cool stuff, but they lacked the brainpower to pull it all toghether in the end. Sucks to be them.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp