User Tag List

First 11192021222331 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I think it all should have been a dream and Kate and Clair should have woken up together raising their lesbian-love baby.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INtP

Spoilers, etc.

It certainly didn't answer even a fraction of the questions that were left open (how could it), but I rather enjoyed it. I thought about it a bit last night (insomnia, bleh), and it seems like the whole flash-sideways thing was really just the construction of Jack's heaven. Allowing the people who were central in his life at the end of his life to go from their generic selves into the people they were with Jack, at the happiest they could be. For those of us who like happy endings, it was a rather novel way of getting an awful lot of them.

I thought, going into it, that it was going to be about the island, and that this story was simply one turning of a wheel, so to speak -- that Jack and Locke would take their turns as the next Jacob/MIB. I was pretty off-target there . More about the characters (especially Jack, even more so than ever), and less about the island.

Best lines:

Hurley: "I have a bad feeling about this" -- right after another Star Wars reference.. no *way* this was an accident.

Christian (paraphrased): "Everybody dies -- some here died before you, some long after you" (oh shoot -- I forget the rest of it). But that one line really tied together, for me, what the whole flash-sideways and final scenes were about.

On the whole, not as good as the finale of Six Feet Under (seriously, if you've not seen it, it's worth watching the good and bad of all five seasons just to get the finale), but certainly not as bad as BSG in the end. Nice wrapup, when you consider how impossible it would have been to wrap everything up, given how jerked around the viewers have been over the years.

Bye, Lost.

Thoughts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

On cell,i'll respond more later....but i hadinsomnia too...mostly because of the show...couldnt stop thinking. sigh.

i agree about it being impossible to answer all the questions. this sort of ending made some questions irrelevant.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I loved all the happy endings, but I'm still confused. I can't figure out when some of them were supposed to have died.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    IsTP

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I don't understand how people can be upset with the ending. It's not far off from what I expected. I'm glad they didn't answer every question because I've seen other shows where they tried to do that and it was either a disaster or incredibly disappointing (like X-files).
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

i fell asleep but my husband filled me in when i woke up at the end. my first reaction was "wtf" but having watched it again this morning, it wasn't bad. this is a show that has yanked us all over since day one so i really didn't expect more than what was given. also, jack is just too fucking awesome. if i were lost on an island, in a freezer, on a boat, in an elevator, etc., i'd stick with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I don't understand how people can be upset with the ending. It's not far off from what I expected.
    neither do i.
    I'm glad they didn't answer every question because I've seen other shows where they tried to do that and it was either a disaster or incredibly disappointing (like X-files).
    totally.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I don't think she is, they couldn't get her for the season opener, so I an doubting we see her at all.
    I was wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Desmond is revealing to everyone the other world.

PREDICTION

Jack gets mortally wounded and Hurley has to take over at the end.
    I was right!

Enough with the stupid white font, if you haven't seen it yet you shouldn't be in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Hurley: "I have a bad feeling about this" -- right after another Star Wars reference.. no *way* this was an accident.
    Not when he name-checked Yoda moments earlier!

There was no real other way to end it, I thought. It does seem that some people thought they died in the plane crash at the beginning, but I don't see how one could think that - you'd have to be ignoring a lot of other signs it was real to do so. Plus, the producers specifically shot down the "purgatory" theory way back during season one.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

^ yeah, if you haven't seen it stay outta this thread. ;P

ok so having not followed lost much at all this season, did they actually have those experiences together? were they all on that flight? was there even a real plane? i am getting conflicting information online. did claire really have a baby? why was penny there? gaahh! lol
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

My only beef with the show is wondering why some characters were there in the church, but then others weren't. Presumably Walt was not because with a time-traveling show and a growing boy that's an issue, but what about, for example:

Penny was there, Ana Lucia was not.

Am I missing something or is this fact significantly lame?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis