First 4121314151624 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    I thought Jacob was the Hero who had the master plan. But he is the good kid who protects the light????
    Pretty much. It's like ISTJ vs ESTP Deathmatch, "Tonight on the island at 11!" or something....

Anyway, it was a downgrade for Jacob. I thought before he was more of a universal icon but it seems he has been little more than a patsy and button-pusher / island-protector himself. He was just a guy taking responsibility for a job he never really wanted... maybe out of duty, but also out of guilt (since he created the smoke monster so to speak... and also did a horrible thing to his brother).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Riva

since he created the smoke monster so to speak... and also did a horrible thing to his brother
    On the contrary I feel so sorry for his brother. He just wants to leave the island. And how shocked would he have been when a ghost came to him and said that she is his real mother, the mother who is pretending to be his mother killed his mother and he had to leave his brother who is the only person he loves.

I think he just wants to know (just know more) than leave the island. He obviously sees the island as a trap. A curse that kept him there for No reason at all. He just wants to leave the bloody place that has kept him in prison for no reason at all and is ready to kill any pest (who tries to stop him for no reason at all).

Can't really blame him. I feel sorry for both of them.

But not for that woman/Psychopath who killed their mother. Gosh she is SICK!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

On the contrary I feel so sorry for his brother. He just wants to leave the island. And how shocked would he have been when a ghost came to him and said that she is his real mother, the mother who is pretending to be his mother killed his mother and he had to leave his brother who is the only person he loves.
    Definitely. The hardest part... when she went down in the well to talk to him, and it was still obvious he loved her. Even after he stabbed her, it was obvious he still loved her... and she loved him... despite how she had lied to him. How true, that abused/mistreated kids still often love the parent who dished out the abuse and lies.

But not for that woman/Psychopath who killed their mother. Gosh she is SICK!
    Why is she any more sick?

If you feel the universe hinges on a particular thing surviving, and people come along who you think will use it, sully it, and destroy it for selfish reasons, wouldn't you protect the thing you treasure most if you had to choose?

She also didn't act expediently, she acted conservatively.
    She didn't kill everyone right away -- only the birthing mother.
    She let the other people stay on the island despite how she felt about them, despite losing her one "adopted son" to them, until they threatened to ruin the one thing she thought needed to be preserved.
    And she spared the adopted son she "loved" even though it was clear she knew he would kill her for thwarting him.

So i see a lot of restraint here.
    Again, it's all mottled gray.
    None of them are untainted, even Jacob.

You have no idea what "Mom" had happen to her as a kid, but you were willing to extend sympathy to TMIB despite how many innocent people he has been routinely killing in the modern age in pursuit of his self-absorbed goal... so maybe you need to be fair and withhold judgment here too. Maybe she got mistreated just the same as she mistreated TMIB. If being emotionally abused as a child exonerates a murderer like TMIB, then you need to extend it equally.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

If the last episode doesn't reveal everything it is going to disappoint a lot of fans. Millions.
    If they were to reveal everything, people would still be disappointed. Remember how the X-files went out?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Awful. The series touched its lowest point with the opening dialog spoken in english-accented latin. Latin! bhuahhuahaa. On the plus side, the Romans colonized Lost island, too. Lovely Romans.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    If they were to reveal everything, people would still be disappointed. Remember how the X-files went out?
    Personally, I hated the last two seasons of the X-Files... although I like Robert Patrick. The series should have ended after Season 7.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Awful. The series touched its lowest point with the opening dialog spoken in english-accented latin. Latin! bhuahhuahaa. On the plus side, the Romans colonized Lost island, too. Lovely Romans.
    Oh no, now I just HAVE to watch the beginning on datastream tonight!

Riva

TMIB - Let me leave this island
    Mother - No
    TMIB - Please let me leave this island
    Mother - No
    TMIB - I found a way to leave this island
    Mother - *Attacks him, destroys his way out and kills his companions*

TMIB - Let me leave the island
    Jacob - No

Riva

Lets face it. We were led to believe that TMIB was the baddest man on the planet. But the only fucking thing he wants to do is leave the island. Let the bugger just leave the island for God's sake.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Lets face it. We were led to believe that TMIB was the baddest man on the planet. But the only fucking thing he wants to do is leave the island. Let the bugger just leave the island for God's sake.
    If letting the Smoke Monster off the island would have as bad an ending as presumed, then that would be really really stupid.

(After all, Ted Bundy just wanted to show girls a good time and have his emotional needs met.)

Riva

It's not about the ending of the series I am arguing about. Why is he not allowed to leave? The circumstances made him a sociopath. And the more he stays there the worse he gets. If at the beginning he was allowed to leave he wouldn't have turned in to a homicidal sociopath (with super powers which got in to his head) ?