User Tag List

First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yes, Locke's father (Anthony Cooper) got killed on the island by Sawyer a few seasons ago.
    Here, apparently Locke and his dad got along just fine.

###############
    So it was Jacobs fault he was a douche to Locke but not Jacobs fault he was a conman or that Sawyer wanted him dead, credit Jacob for Sawyer being able to kill him in the original plot and the lack of Jacob for Sawyer never being able to get his revenge and apparently being such a shitty cop he doesn't know his intended target is long dead in the SWF...

You goofball, I can't believe you were texting me during the episode -- I was sitting there bawling, and logged in on my cell during the commercial, lol, and there you were Wall'ing me as 1, 2, 3, the Candidates dropped by half.

I miss Sun and Jin already.

But I told you it would be Jack.
    (Go go Gadget N!)
    What can I say I'm not attached to these characters at all...

Hugo, Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Claire, who dies next? Is Desmond on "The List"?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ml#post1161526

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kendoiwan View Post
    So it was Jacobs fault he was a douche to Locke but not Jacobs fault he was a conman or that Sawyer wanted him dead, credit Jacob for Sawyer being able to kill him in the original plot and the lack of Jacob for Sawyer never being able to get his revenge and apparently being such a shitty cop he doesn't know his intended target is long dead in the SWF...
    what?

You try too hard to make it all fit into a pretty box.

What can I say I'm not attached to these characters at all...
    It's okay. I don't think they were attached to you either.
    (But Sun was my avatar for a bit, waaaay back.)

Hugo, Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Claire, who dies next? Is Desmond on "The List"?
    ...And then there were three.

I could have figured it would be those three.

This is like watching The Apprentice or RuPaul's Drag Race. I can usually pick the top few, but you never know who will bag the Prize.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IsTP

what?

You try too hard to make it all fit into a pretty box.
    Stupid details, who needs 'em!

...And then there were three.

I could have figured it would be those three.

This is like watching The Apprentice or RuPaul's Drag Race. I can usually pick the top few, but you never know who will bag the Prize.
    Is Desmond on or not on The List?

"They the type of cats who pollute the whole shoreline. Have it purified. Sell it for a $1.25"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Stupid details, who needs 'em!
    hee...

Is Desmond on or not on The List?
    NOT.

I posted the remaining list last week, remember? (stupid details? Oh yeah, who needs 'em? )
    It's even shorter now.
    And Kate got cut at least 4-5 episodes ago.

The Last Six
    4. Locke
    8. Hugo
    15. Sawyer
    16. Sayid
    23. Jack
    42. Kwon (Sun or Jin)

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IsTP

hee...

NOT.

I posted the remaining list last week, remember? (stupid details? Oh yeah, who needs 'em? )
    It's even shorter now.
    And Kate got cut at least 4-5 episodes ago.

The Last Six
    4. Locke
    8. Hugo
    15. Sawyer
    16. Sayid
    23. Jack
    42. Kwon (Sun or Jin)
    I'm not talking about YOUR list I'm talking about THE List. Kate is still alive last time I check... For now.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm not talking about YOUR list I'm talking about THE List. Kate is still alive last time I check... For now.
    ?? It is the List.

It's the List that was on the Wall in the cave we saw a few episodes ago, as well as the sundial in the lighthouse.

Where all the names were crossed out. Kate was crossed out.
    TMIB crossed out Locke's name as well.

The only alterations I've made to the last five names left were based on last night's deaths, that the writers have verified as deaths in interviews to show that the show was "ruthless" and unwilling to save characters if the story dictated their deaths.

I also point you to Sayid's comments last night, the very last thing he said:

Sayid goes to Jack and says, "Listen carefully. There's a well on the main island a half mile south of the camp we just left. Desmond's inside it. Locke wants him dead, which means that you're going to need him. Do you understand me?"

"And why are you telling me this?" Jack asks.

"Because it's going to be you, Jack." Sayid grabs the bomb and runs out <and dies>.
    There's a reason the episode, out of all it could be called, was called "The Candidate."
    Singular.

So what list do YOU have that doesn't match the show's list?
    You're just going by who is alive?

MBTI
    IsTP

Ok. Kate's crossed of the list. Is Desmond on the list to begin with was my question.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Ok. Kate's crossed of the list. Is Desmond on the list to begin with was my question.
    I think all the characters were somewhere in the list(s) we have seen.

But we only got glimpses of all the names -- shots of the sundial as it was turned, and scattered shots from different angles of the walls and ceiling of the cave, with name after name (assigned to numbers) crossed out.

Check here for examples.
    LOST – More Names, More Candidates

EDIT: Ah, here is a big listing!
    LOST is a Game - Candidates
    The list is not completely up to date for last night's episode yet.

Note: Kate is crossed off in Cave but not in the Lighthouse. Not sure what that means.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Wow have you ever looked at that website (LOST is a game) before, Jennifer?

When I stopped watching the show, I lost interest in any theories etc. but had never encountered this one. If it's true, then all the crazy stuff could / would make sense, wouldn't it?

Hmmmm.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I was just skimming through it for about 15 minutes.

My main two thoughts:
    1. Wow, that's sort of intriguing.
    2. Man, this guy has way too much time on his hands!

I see a lot of fudgework in spots, but with only three episodes to go, I'm curious to see how his ideas match up with the ending. I would agree that there is a "game" going on, but it's hard to determine yet if it is as formalized as he suggests, or if it is more standard "game theory" in nature in regards to how people relate to each other rationally to achieve success for themselves.

I would think it was quirky, but the numbers and the weird symbols from the Hatch computer and other odd unexplained symbolic elements can easily suggest a game of some sort.