• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Fcuk Yeah!

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Jason Heyward hits a three-run homer on his first major league at-bat! The Braves might just be back in the play-offs this year...

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
that's right folks - it requires only a single instance of excellent performance to determine conclusively that someone is an excellent performer, and more importantly, that they can be counted on consistently over a long period of time!

hooray sports!

Gewitter27

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
SEAKING!

FuckYeahSeaking-1.jpg

Pokemon memes can be applied to ANY situation!

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
It's a shame that Heyward is being so overhyped right now (The next Pujols? In your dreams). He'll probably win ROY on the hype alone, even though he won't be the best rookie this season...

Jaime Garcia, St. Louis Cardinals, MLB - CBSSports.com Baseball

I'm actually opposed to the hype for the opposite reason; it might lead Heyward to feel either over-confident or under too much pressure, and comparisons to Pujols or Willie Mays ("J-Hey Kid") might lead him to try and be those players rather than developing his individual talents and putting them to the best affect. That said, Heyward has demonstrated remarkable composure thus far, and I'm particularly impressed with his clutch hitting and plate discipline. One thing I am not particularly impressed with thus far is his throwing arm, though he seems a good fielder otherwise.

The Braves don't need another Pujols to go the distance, they just need another good RBI man (and a moderate comeback from Chipper Jones), as well as a decent lead-off hitter. On that note, I think McLouth should be permanently moved to lead-off for the season; he's never hit for average, but his OBP has been pretty consistent (including thus far this year). Even if he wasn't slumping, Melky just isn't qualified for the lead-off role.

Forever_Jung

MBTI Type
ESFJ
On that note, I think McLouth should be permanently moved to lead-off for the season; he's never hit for average, but his OBP has been pretty consistent (including thus far this year). Even if he wasn't slumping, Melky just isn't qualified for the lead-off role.

I think maybe they just don't want to waste his decent power at the leadoff spot. Melky is more of a slaphitter. Still, I agree with you.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
This is a baseball thread?

Yeah, I would have no problem if the moderators wish to change the title to baseball thread (Fcuk yeah!)-I do think that retaining some of the original title is appropriate, considering its our "national pastime" and all. :D

Incidentally, has profanity in thread titles always been against the rules, or is this a new thing? I don't care all that much, but I'd like to know whether I committed an offense or if its just moderator discretion.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't think it's an offense, it's just I skipped over it several times because I didn't know what it was about.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Lots of interesting news lately:

Phils' Halladay throws MLB's 20th perfecto | phillies.com: News

I'm glad my Braves don't have to face him in the upcoming series...lately, it seems like this is the only way the Phillies can win a game. I empathize with EffEmDoubleyou and other Phillies fans (I still remember the Braves' 9-game losing streak last month), but I'm hoping the Phillies' skid continues for a while.

Kendry's walk-off slam comes with injury | angelsbaseball.com: News

:eek:uch: It must suck to be an Angels fan this year.

Tribe's Huff hit by liner; CT scan negative | indians.com: News

Wow, that was almost the second play-related fatality in baseball history!

Last edited:

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
:eek:uch: It must suck to be an Angels fan this year.

No, not really. I know a guy who is a Twins fan and keeps saying the same thing to me. "It must really suck......"

Currently we are 25-27 and 2.5 games out of first place. And here's the key part: with 110 games remaining!

There's only a couple of teams that are totally out of it at this point - and even they could recover if they went on a tear.

The Morales injury is one of those freak things that happens sometimes. Very unfortunate. But, the Angels season is not over because Morales is out. I'm sure Scioscia is disappointed, but I don't think he's in "panic mode". Check back in September, I'm pretty sure the Angels will at least be in the pennant chase for the AL West.

INTPness

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
^Just 1 week after my above post (and after the Morales injury):

Texas Rangers...........30-26.....---
Los Angeles Angels.....31-28.....0.5

Looooooong way to go still. A lot can change in a very short period of time.

lowtech redneck

MBTI Type
INTP
Looooooong way to go still. A lot can change in a very short period of time.

Yeah, a team can go from losing 9 straight games to winning nine straight games in one month! Still, that's a very tragic injury, and one that is bound to make things tougher for the Angels this year....I wish your team luck, though-unless they're playing against the Braves, of course.

Tell your friend the Twins fan that an anonymous internet Braves fan was very impressed with this year's Twins team, and would love an October rematch (its amazing how the absence of Kent Hrbek removes all bitter feelings. :D)