User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default Movies that make an impact

I didn't see a thread for people to discuss movies that they found particularly profound or that made a significant impact on them and a chance to discuss the reasons why.

We just watched "Monster", and I would like to come back and comment on it more. I was glad to see they took an emotionally and psychologically complex approach to the story. Has anyone else seen it? or another movie you would like to discuss?
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTJ

This movie left a deep impact... on my colon.

Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

The Matrix? and The Truman Show.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I have a long list that would qualify. For me one movie that comes to mind immediately is Life Is Beautiful. It's like a comedy mixed with the ultimate tragedy. There is really no other movie like it.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I loved the original Clash of the Titans...as a kid loved mythology...especially Greek/Roman...today the myths still aid me as metaphores. Cant wait to see the remake coming out this week. Release the Kraken!
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ISFJ

Memento - do you lie to yourself to be happy?

Trainspotting - choose life?

Ravenous - eat to live, don't live to eat

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    We just watched "Monster", and I would like to come back and comment on it more. I was glad to see they took an emotionally and psychologically complex approach to the story. Has anyone else seen it? or another movie you would like to discuss?
    I saw Monster a few years ago. Not only was it a tour de force by Theron, but it was just an extremely honest portrayal of the woman. I don't remember much of the detail, I just remember appreciating the honesty and its willingness to embrace complexity and ambiguity.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I didn't see a thread for people to discuss movies that they found particularly profound or that made a significant impact on them and a chance to discuss the reasons why.

The movie that had the biggest impact on my thinking was a documentary called the Corporation. I work in corporate America for and with many of these large corporations but hadn't really thought about the origin of the corporation and what its impacts are on society, life, etc.

I'm afraid I didn't like Monster that much.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Critters made an impact on me, since I was too young when I watched it and believed those furry balls to be real.

There are a ton more movies that made some form of impact on me. In the past few years, the key to impacting me is by surprising me with interesting plots and sources of intellectual perceptions.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

FigerPuppet

The Fountain