User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Default Survivor Heroes vs. Villains

This is shaping up to be a GREAT season so far, much thanks due to King Russel from the previous season, Survivor Samoa. It's a very good cast, and I usually don't think highly of reusing cast members in these types of seasons, but Russel really does keep things fresh to death. Russel is a relative rookie compared to some of these players who have been on multiple seasons already, and he's still outsmarting them like nobody's business! The show makes it look like the odds are stacked against him, which they are, but his amazing genius assures his rise to greatness. The fact that they haven't been able to watch his season is probably the only reason he has a chance, because they would immediately point him out as an uber threat otherwise. Even though they are learning, they're still far far behind his game. This was proven in tonight's glorious display at tribal council. He is the gift that keeps on giving.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Russell: Hes threatening Russell Hantz. When do you that, you go.
    Rob: Hes not playing with the amateurs anymore. Playing with the big boys now.

Rob: Im just telling you watch your back.
    Russell: Same thing for you man, watch your back.

Russell: Boston Rob says its better to play with me than against me. Oh, really? I believe Im gonna get him to eat those words.

Dinner was served! It was a great episode last night!
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Survivor sucks. They should make them really survive, not play some retarded games. Drop them from a plane into North Korea. If any make it out alive, they get the prize.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

^ you sound like my dad ...
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Survivor sucks. They should make them really survive, not play some retarded games. Drop them from a plane into North Korea. If any make it out alive, they get the prize.
    this

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Russell: Hes threatening Russell Hantz. When do you that, you go.
    Rob: Hes not playing with the amateurs anymore. Playing with the big boys now.

Rob: Im just telling you watch your back.
    Russell: Same thing for you man, watch your back.

Russell: Boston Rob says its better to play with me than against me. Oh, really? I believe Im gonna get him to eat those words.

Dinner was served! It was a great episode last night!
    I have to admit that Russel is a good player, but he's not as good as he thinks he is. He can make some impressive moves while still having no idea why he can't win the million.

This Rob vs. Russel stuff they are doing on the show now is kind of irrelevant though, because I have serious doubts that either of them will win. In these all star seasons the winner tends to be some girl that you'd question why she's on the "all star" season to begin with. So I think the winner will be either Candace, Courtney or Danielle.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I have to admit that Russel is a good player, but he's not as good as he thinks he is. He can make some impressive moves while still having no idea why he can't win the million.

This Rob vs. Russel stuff they are doing on the show now is kind of irrelevant though, because I have serious doubts that either of them will win. In these all star seasons the winner tends to be some girl that you'd question why she's on the "all star" season to begin with. So I think the winner will be either Candace, Courtney or Danielle.
    As you alluded to in your second paragraph, there is a reason why guys like Russel don't win in the end. Russel plays this social game the way it's supposed to be played, in its purest, unadulterated, unbridled form. He is playing the game survivor like none other, but he still can't get the gold. You see, the ones who win at the end are not the great players. The ones who win are the ones who allow the uncontrollable winds of fate to carry them there, without having bloodied their hands, battled, and trudged through their enemies in order to make it to the end. They sat idly and happened to be in the right place at the right time in the universe for them to make it, and they get picked for the million because they DIDN'T play. IMO, the whole method of choosing who wins the million and deemed sole survivor is BS.

Good player or not, the guy is a snore.

Breakdown of Russell screentime:
    "I am the GREATEST Survivor player EVER!" 25%
    "Hidden Immunity Idol..." 25%
    "I'm RUSSELL HANTZ!" 25%
    "I will become ALL powerful!" 24%
    "It's the Houston Astros, baby!" 1%

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by theplacesyoullgo View Post
    Good player or not, the guy is a snore.

Breakdown of Russell screentime:
    "I am the GREATEST Survivor player EVER!" 25%
    "Hidden Immunity Idol..." 25%
    "I'm RUSSELL HANTZ!" 25%
    "I will become ALL powerful!" 24%
    "It's the Houston Astros, baby!" 1%
    You forgot, "I am King Russel!" That's the best one . Can't wait to see what he does tonight. Watching people like him succeed brings joy to my callous steely heart.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

While I rather strongly disagreed with Russel's choice to deceive and throw out the stronger player (coach), it may work out in Russel's favor as always. Taking out Coach seemed dumb because Coach was a good competitor, and it would've shown the other players that Russel cared about something other than his individual progress by voting out Courtney and helping the whole team to win. The way the votes went, I can only imagine he outright deceived that one woman in his alliance (when he came back and said Courtney would be the smarter vote) while taking out the useful idiot coach, thereby really reducing his trust value and the number of people allied with him. It also showed that Hispanic woman can rather easily manipulate him, even though what she said was really true in Coach's mind. Where it may all work in Russel's favor is obviously the possibility (which he foresaw and planned for) that the heros will think he's on the outs, and throw their trust towards him. Now it appears he may even get an idol from him, and any negatives in tonight's move will be irreleveant. Depending how it goes, Russel could truly come to dominate in the merge.

Either way, I'm fully confident he'll come out on top. His strategic skills (and ego) are really showing themselves, beyond what even I'd come up with. He is a genius, and he is a lucky genius. The most powerful men in history are often the luckiest men around. It takes both good fortune AND skill to become the greatest. While people who are propelled forward by forces outside of their control don't deserve adoration for that, they are always good people to follow because they just happen to be in that position where the random forces in the universe are aligned in their favor the majority of the time.