• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Survivor Heroes vs. Villains

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
*cough* hey look what I posted a couple of weeks ago.... ;)

So now that my top two picks are out, I'd say that Sandra is in the best position to win of the remaining players. She has this most amazing super power. She can be a previous million dollar winner, and yet everyone still underestimates her. How is it that no one sees a million dollar winner as a threat? It's amazing to me.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Russell is an idiot for not going for Sandra earlier. I said that back when Coach was still there, because she showed the ability to manipulate Russell. Blah.

Russell, you damn damn fool.

It's nice having your fate decided by phantoms of the fallen, inferiors who cant hold a candle to your abilities...

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Wow... Russell. The guy has played it twice now and he still doesn't understand the point of the game. He thinks the game should be modified to fit him, instead of him learning how to play the game. I am actually kind of sad for the guy but I don't like him enough to be very sad about it.

I think Sandra did a great job of making moves when she needed to and not making moves when she didn't need to. And she knows how to lead the jury into thinking her way without beating them over the head with it and being arrogant and condescending.

Congrats Sandra and I'm looking forward to a new season of fresh people next time.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Russ is NOT a graceful loser. But I can understand his frustration, and need to voice it. He didn't get that feedback from the first time he lost to see just how ineffective his tactics would be at the end of the game, since both jury votes took place after his two seasons (I think). Even so, he knows what his game does, and he shouldn't be surprised when he gets no votes. Few people are true respecters of power, and nobody will follow you when they don't fear you (holding your fate in THEIR hands) and you did NOTHING to make them love you. But yea, that's the end of that.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I came on here, closed my eyes as I scrolled down quickly to post, cause I havent seen the episode yet, ( downloading it this moment)

WILL WATCH IT NOW!!! ... so excited. I wonder who goes home. I'm guessing russell or coby...

stalemate

Post-Humorously
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Russ is NOT a graceful loser. But I can understand his frustration, and need to voice it. He didn't get that feedback from the first time he lost to see just how ineffective his tactics would be at the end of the game, since both jury votes took place after his two seasons (I think).
That is true but it doesn't seem like it would matter. Even now after losing twice he doesn't admit that his game is flawed, he claims the rules are flawed and should be modified to fit his style of play (let America vote). He just does not get it at all. He is too stuck on himself to take an objective look at what when on. He knew the exact setup he was getting himself into ahead of time but he refuses to admit that he failed.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I think they all equally deserved to be up there. They all worked their asses off to get to the top 3, but with different tact.
the problem with russell is that he never owns up to what he did. At the end he always forgets to please the jury but still stick true to himself. He can be very condescending and patronizing.
if he just said " yes, I stepped on peoples toes, I lied, I manipulated, and did other things people didn't like; but I got up here doing it, and that was the point. The game is about survival. I survived and I think I did a damn good job doing it. "
Instead of trying to veil every time someone took a jab at him.

I would've respected him more.

I don't think the mainpoint of survival is to pet peoples heads and besocial.

Rupert described Russell as "a disgusting human being". uncalled for, Yes Russell made some twisted moves, but that doesn't make him disgusting, that just makes him manipulating.

People are WAY too emotional, and involve way to much of their morals/ethics in the game. They take everything personally. The jury seems to have a hard time being objective....

Personally, I would've given my vote to Russell or Parvarti. They owned the game. negatively or positively. Even though I loved Sandra for always staying true to herself.

After the jury, I would definitely vote for Parvarti. I lost a lot respect for Russell; he just refused to own up.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Personally, I would've given my vote to Russell or Parvarti. They owned the game. negatively or positively. Even though I loved Sandra for always staying true to herself.

After the jury, I would definitely vote for Parvarti. I lost a lot respect for Russell; he just refused to own up.

I thought Parvati played a really solid game, and she could have easily walked away with a million as well. The main thing keeping her back is she suffered from "McCain syndrome". She couldn't win votes, because she was too close to the guy that everyone loathed.

F

figsfiggyfigs

I thought Parvati played a really solid game, and she could have easily walked away with a million as well. The main thing keeping her back is she suffered from "McCain syndrome". She couldn't win votes, because she was too close to the guy that everyone loathed.

ROFL, "McCain Syndrome" :laugh:

I really hope she wins...

MBTI Enthusiast

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree with what Rupert said at the final tribal. That it is easy to make it to the end if you just lie and backstab people all the time. Just think about it... if there were a person like that every season, everyone would want to take them to the end because this person would not get any jury votes. It makes the game really simple if your only goal is to survive till the end (and not win the million), just act like Russell. The only reason someone would try to vote them off is if they couldn't stand being with them any longer. But it is HARD to make it to the end AND play decently enough to win the votes of the jury. So basically, Russell just took the easy way out, and his failure to win the million dollars shows this.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I agree with what Rupert said at the final tribal. That it is easy to make it to the end if you just lie and backstab people all the time. Just think about it... if there were a person like that every season, everyone would want to take them to the end because this person would not get any jury votes. It makes the game really simple if your only goal is to survive till the end (and not win the million), just act like Russell. The only reason someone would try to vote them off is if they couldn't stand being with them any longer. But it is HARD to make it to the end AND play decently enough to win the votes of the jury. So basically, Russell just took the easy way out, and his failure to win the million dollars shows this.

"Just" act liek Russel is a lot harder than you make it sound. The fact is the guy employed rather ingenious strategy and tactics to take out every person that threatened him in the game, hence why he made it to the end. Being the backstabbing jackass that everyone would like to be paired up with at the end isn't enough to actually get anyone to the end. If youve ever actually watched the game, you'd know that. It takes either outright manipulative skill to get to the end or being in just the right places at the right time with the right people to slide to the end rather effortlessly (such as with sandra and many other finalists in seasons past). They avoid stepping pon people's toes, but they exert little/no influence in the game, and thus rely largely on the circumstances around them to get them to the end, which is to say it's more the cards they are dealt and the actions of others that allow them success. Those who manipulate get to the end by their own force of will, which is A LOT more difficult then sitting back and letting the hands of fate guide you to the goal. It just so happens that taking the free ride makes you LOOK a lot nice and righteous, so that why those people get votes in the end.

Essentially, it's like god (the jury) rewarding the meek (the coat tail riders and do nothings of the game).

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
"Just" act liek Russel is a lot harder than you make it sound. The fact is the guy employed rather ingenious strategy and tactics to take out every person that threatened him in the game, hence why he made it to the end.

Russell's strategy isn't ingenious. It's the same strategy employed by every domineering, paranoid playground bully since time immemorial. He's not completely lacking in skill in some aspects of the game, but on the whole? No. He got lucky long enough for Tyson to screw up, for Rupert to announce the "obvious women's alliance", and for the other players to universally realize that he was the perfect goat to take to the finals. *That* is why he made it to the end -- there was some gameplay there, but many others have done it better overall. His one positive trait is his singlemindedness when it comes to the game -- he did a good job taking advantages of breaks that went his way -- but he's unable to see others as people much less treat them with respect, which is why he never had a chance to win.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Russell's strategy isn't ingenious. It's the same strategy employed by every domineering, paranoid playground bully since time immemorial. He's not completely lacking in skill in some aspects of the game, but on the whole? No. He got lucky long enough for Tyson to screw up, for Rupert to announce the "obvious women's alliance", and for the other players to universally realize that he was the perfect goat to take to the finals. *That* is why he made it to the end -- there was some gameplay there, but many others have done it better overall. His one positive trait is his singlemindedness when it comes to the game -- he did a good job taking advantages of breaks that went his way -- but he's unable to see others as people much less treat them with respect, which is why he never had a chance to win.

Sorry Kel, but it's results that matter, plain and simple. He reaches his goal of getting to the end every time, but playing to actually get the title, by getting votes, is beyond him. Again, there are many times when Russell would've been OUT of the game had he not hustled and worked, as well as times where luck helped him stay. Most powerful people will admit (save for him because his ego and arrogance have run away with him) will admit that power has a fair amount of luck involved, and the most important factor in maintaining power is seeing when fortune is on your side and taking full advantage. That's what he does.

I've watched many seasons of this game, and in spite of morality, Russell has the most flawless execution of personal will I have ever seen in the game. There is no questioning it. Haters hate because they cling to an idealized, naive, and fanciful vision of what the world should be like, and don't see it for what it truly is: a world where the weak are gobbled up by the strong. And rest assured, those who are devoured are always bitter.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Sandra deserved to win based on logic and an understanding how the game works.

Being aware of the surroundings and social dynamics is key to this game.

Being mindful the last group of of the survivors voted will vote on the winner and they will be biased is key to winning the million.

Russell was very crafty but unwise.

Sandra, regardless of when she became aware of this or whatever her natural predisposition toward the man, was able to appreciate and incorporate the strategy of polarizing herself from Russell. Russell was seen as a devil so being the anti-Russell made gave her virtue by disassociation.

In addition she adapted to her environment of allowing herself to be underestimated/not seen as a threat (especially by Russell), and thus fly under the radar.

Parvoti played best the first half but Sandra dominated the second half when most of the jury was picked. Sandra had the superior strategy and deserved to win based on the rules/nature of the game.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
Sandra deserved to win based on logic and an understanding how the game works.

Being aware of the surroundings and social dynamics is key to this game.

Being mindful the last group of of the survivors voted will vote on the winner and they will be biased is key to winning the million.

Russell was very crafty but unwise.

Sandra, regardless of when she became aware of this or whatever her natural predisposition toward the man, was able to appreciate and incorporate the strategy of polarizing herself from Russell. Russell was seen as a devil so being the anti-Russell made gave her virtue by disassociation.

In addition she adapted to her environment of allowing herself to be underestimated/not seen as a threat (especially by Russell), and thus fly under the radar.

Parvoti played best the first half but Sandra dominated the second half when most of the jury was picked. Sandra had the superior strategy and deserved to win based on the rules/nature of the game.

Yeah you nailed it. Sandra had the winning strategy simply by being against Russell, and she stuck to that strategy (while almost no one else did including the heroes). If she had managed to vote Russell out, then she would have been seen as the "Dragonslayer", and even though Russell was still there she won over the heroes because she was against him.

Also Sandra managed to accomplish what no one else in the past two seasons could. She was against Russell for the whole game and yet she was never voted out. She was the most skillful player and the best strategist, and the fact she could pull it all off without winning a challenge makes her even more impressive.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
I've watched many seasons of this game, and in spite of morality, Russell has the most flawless execution of personal will I have ever seen in the game. There is no questioning it. Haters hate because they cling to an idealized, naive, and fanciful vision of what the world should be like, and don't see it for what it truly is: a world where the weak are gobbled up by the strong. And rest assured, those who are devoured are always bitter.

Yeah -- his singlemindedness is the one thing that I'll give him. He worked, and worked hard the whole time. His plan, and even his execution, wasn't flawless, though. There were several points where he simply got lucky (which happens to everyone who makes it far in the game -- that in itself is nothing to fault him for). He did do a good job of taking advantage of the breaks he got. Haters hate him because he's an asshole :D. I think that the outcome does fairly reflect reality -- the "strong" (and I'm not sure I agree that Russell is, but for the sake of argument I'll accept it for now) try to force their will on the rest, but the rest can only be pushed so far before they band together and reject the single individual who tries to dominate. Even the strong have to realize limitations in social structures and moderate their behavior accordingly. Russell was unable to do this, which is why he never had a chance to win.

Also... in both of his seasons, post-merge nobody (except *perhaps* Sandra and Rupert, for a while) wanted to get rid of him. It was well known among the other players that he was so aggressive, so antagonistic, so reviled, that he was the perfect player to sit next to at the final vote. He was dragged along, used to do the dirty work, and even protected for that reason. He was as much a pawn as a mastermind in many respects.