• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Tabletop Roleplaying games.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
Do you, or have you played them in the past? Which ones did you enjoy? Other general commentry as a whole?

I played dungeons and dragons 2nd edition when I was younger. I found it very fun when the entire group was into it. For some reason our campaigns never really went above 10th level or so though. Experience was always slow, and we'd have played the characters out, or the big major quest line would be finished, or we'd all get killed in some catastrophic blunder.

I also tried some Vampire the Masqarade but could never really get into that.

Some people at my work play 4th edition d&d. I find the books interesting to read through to see how the game has evolved. I'm not quite sure I like some of the changes though, it seems to stress micro-management of combat over pretty much everything else and feels very 'gamey' with the figurines and cooldowns and such. I've heard the rules work well but the focus on combat seems to encourage hack-n-slash.

I'd have liked to try some more freeform systems but the chance has never come up. I'm sure there are a few rules-light systems focused more on drama.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've played a ton of roleplaying games, but I haven't devoted a whole lot of time toward it in several years. Off the top of my head I've played D&D editions 1 - 4, GURPS, Call of Cthulu, Amber, Marvel Super Heroes, Toon, and several other systems that I've only messed around with a little like Vampire.

I love roleplaying, but I haven't found a group that was nearly as good as the one I played with when I was younger. Most people I've encounted lately seemed more into the tactical aspect rather than using your imagination or roleplaying.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Played 3rd ed here, I've also messed around with Mage: the Ascension, but I haven't managed to really get anyone to play. I've done some random online chat RP stuff, but I'm rarely in contact with those guys anymore.

I like shit that messes with your mind till you question every assumption your mind can make.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
D&D editions 1 - 4, GURPS, Call of Cthulu, Amber, Marvel Super Heroes, Toon, and several other systems that I've only messed around with a little like Vampire.

Oh I lied - I've played some GURPS too. GURPS IOU specifically. The Dean always gets her cut...

I've done some random online chat RP stuff, but I'm rarely in contact with those guys anymore.

I ran a d&d campaign on irc once. It lasted nearly 2 years and was really fun. The group was atypical too as they were all multi-classed rogues :devil:

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I ran a d&d campaign on irc once. It lasted nearly 2 years and was really fun. The group was atypical too as they were all multi-classed rogues :devil:

The chat stuff was first just freeform untill we had to build extra rules into it. I ended up getting bored after the second attempt at restructuring those rules...

I almost ran a Mage story over Skype, but the players didn't materialize.