• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Neverwhere-Neil Gaiman

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
whose read this? I am right now and I love it, I know I'll be sad when I finish, so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of what to read next, that will make me the least bit sad that I've finished the book.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
read Good Omens, by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett next, that'll open up the category of Pratchett books pretty well as well :)

or you could read one of his collections of short stories... or do like I did and read American Gods next! :holy:

I actually liked the book Neverwhere better than I liked the movie- it's a good book to imagine, not as good to view :laugh:

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
American Gods was good. Something along a similar vein that I really enjoyed, possibly a bit more, was The Holy by Daniel Quinn.

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
American Gods or Anansi Boys. This is assuming you have read his Sandman series. If you haven't, drop everything and pick them up.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
I've read Anansi Boys, American Gods, Neverwhere, and Smoke and Mirrors (short stories collection). American Gods was my favorite, by far, so you could read that next. Smoke and Mirrors is quite excellent as well. His short stories have this really great mystical undertone to them, and they leave you feeling like life is inherently mysterious.

Sinmara

Not Your Therapist
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
FYI, if you're going to read Amerian Gods and Anansi Boys, read American Gods first. It provides some useful background for an important character in Anansi Boys.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'll probably read all of them at some point, but of course I have a reading list as long as my arm and leg combined. Oh school.....I swear I'd read more often if I didn't have so much bullshit to read for school, but I'm on spring break so I figured I can get through a book I want to read in 2-5 days average I'm gonna be done with Neverwhere tonight or tommorow morning more then likely.

If I didn't do other things I'd get it done in 3-5 hours but of course I have a hard time just sitting and doing one thing.

Geoff

Lallygag Moderator
MBTI Type
INXP
Yes yes.

Good omens, then american gods, then anansi boys.

it'll balance well with the humour and story.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I decided to re-read the third harry potter book since i'd have to get off my ass to go buy those books, and I'm lazy but I will read them probably order them online.