User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default more new games: GoW 3 and DaO:Awakenings

Two more new games just game out today that have probably both had people eagerly expecting them for a while.

God of War 3
    Dragon Age Origins Awakenings

Does anyone have these? Tried them? What'd you think?

reviews on amazon have described GoW3 as incredible, and worth buying a PS3 just for this game. I've not played either of the other 2 GoW's. I have started Darksiders, and own but have not started Dante's Inferno.

I'm kinda lukewarm about Dragon Age Orgins [the old one, not the new add-on]. Its okay but not great. I felt like I was playing the video game version of a boardgame RPG. I'll take final fantasy or dragon warrior/quest over that anyday. So I'm not sure about the new add-on. Apparently you don't have to have finished the first one to play the second one [I'm assuming that, since you can make a new character, an orlesian mage].

Oh, also, has anyone played white knight chronicles? Gosh, I still need to spend much more time on Assassins creed 2.

MBTI
    yupp

I want GoW 3 played the demo bought 1 and 2 playing 1 along with ffvii (I have videogame add) 1 is awesome.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Two more new games just game out today that have probably both had people eagerly expecting them for a while.

God of War 3
    Dragon Age Origins Awakenings

Does anyone have these? Tried them? What'd you think?

reviews on amazon have described GoW3 as incredible, and worth buying a PS3 just for this game. I've not played either of the other 2 GoW's. I have started Darksiders, and own but have not started Dante's Inferno.

I'm kinda lukewarm about Dragon Age Orgins [the old one, not the new add-on]. Its okay but not great. I felt like I was playing the video game version of a boardgame RPG. I'll take final fantasy or dragon warrior/quest over that anyday. So I'm not sure about the new add-on. Apparently you don't have to have finished the first one to play the second one [I'm assuming that, since you can make a new character, an orlesian mage].

Oh, also, has anyone played white knight chronicles? Gosh, I still need to spend much more time on Assassins creed 2.
    Love God of War III, I beaten it already and it was the most epic game out of all the epic games I've played. I mean your systematically killing every greek gods and the scope of some levels are just off the chain (there are alot of chains in God of War III). It was worth every penny i've spent on the game and the second time i been happy about owning a PS3 (first time was when I got demon's souls). On the other hand, I thought Dragon Age was pretty boring so I guess that means I'm not into DnD type of games and probably not buy the expansion(I tried playing Baldur's Gates saga, Neverwinter Night, and KoTR so it wasn't the first time I was not impress).

MBTI
    IsTP

I've played God of War 3 and beat it, playing through it again on a harder difficulty. I breezed through it on normal difficulty, though hard is proving to be a substantial challenge. I also have beat Dragon Age several times, I thought it was pretty good, though not as good as some other RPG's like Mass Effect.

Also if you want a newish game that is unique and kinda crazy I'd suggest Heavy Rain.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ISTP

Yeah I hear GoW III is pretty good.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

It is. The only hitch, is that my PS3 keeps overheating every hour or so.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    It is. The only hitch, is that my PS3 keeps overheating every hour or so.
    Move to Finland. Its cooler here

Or cheaper, buy some kind of fan or cooler for the PS3 itself or something. Also try and keep its fan openings free of any kind of blockage.

I watched my friend play GoW3 when you kill one of the gods. I hope this isn't a hint that is a spoiler: 'I like your shoes.'

Haven't gotten to Dragon Age yet, probably will when I get back to the States.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

I hate God of War. Kratos, the bald character. I hate him, Bald doesn't look cool. I'm not sure why. I wonder why it's not "cool" to me. I think it lacks depth. His character lacks personality. The game seems 2 static 2. I dislike the repetitive grinding. I dislike the lack of strategy.

i bought DA:A a week ago, but its still shrinkwrapped.

MBTI
    IsTP

Quote Originally Posted by Craft View Post
    I hate God of War. Kratos, the bald character. I hate him, Bald doesn't look cool. I'm not sure why. I wonder why it's not "cool" to me. I think it lacks depth. His character lacks personality. The game seems 2 static 2. I dislike the repetitive grinding. I dislike the lack of strategy.
    I'll admit that the main character isn't too 'deep' and in GoW3 the ending is kind of.. cheese-dick, but I didn't buy the game for the story. The combat mechanics are great, easy to pick up and play though difficult to master. I don't understand where you think its repetitive grinding, the enemies are varied and there isn't an unlimited amount, on normal difficulty I didn't collect enough red orbs to max out all my skills, and on the harder difficulties you get less red orbs. You learn different moves and strategies to deal with different enemies, and your main weapons have such a varied amount of moves that I've beaten the game and got partway through hard before I discovered that holding down buttons during combos can yield different moves.

Also, has anybody sunk their teeth into the challenges? I have them all complete except that one goddamn 'Get Stoned' challenge where you have to survive being turned to stone 10 times. I managed 8, but there are just so many damn enemies...
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...