• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Lost (the series)

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
I started watching this show, and I'm not really sure about the types of the characters. I usually get pretty strong impressions right away, and I did with some of the characters, but some of them really elude me. Also, I just started Season 2.

Lots of the characters in this show are unrealistically emotional. Kate, one of the most clear-headed characters, who appears to be a T, always has this look in her eyes like she may start crying at any second. This element makes typing kind of hard.

Locke: ENFP - I guess he could be an ENFJ, but he seems to have a real "possibility oriented" attitude. Consider his obsession with the hatch and his odd, philosophical worldview.

Sawyer: ESTP - He's really hard for me. He is extremely "person-centered" in his interaction, so I really want to say he's an F. Plus, he was willing to do anything to kill that boar for revenge while Kate (a T) was saying, "Listen to yourself - it's a boar." He's pretty temperamental, and he "feels" like an NF to me, he gives me that impression, and I'm pretty sure he's an E. He's probably actually an SP though, because I doubt he is an ENFJ, so I'm going to go with ESTP, even though he's ridiculously emotional and I would expect more cool-headedness of a real ESTP.

Jack: ENTJ - I got the ENTJ impression right away, and it stuck for a while, but I'm beginning to lean toward ESTJ at this point because his feelings of obligation are strong enough to be irrational. I would consider him a more strategic thinker than the typical ESTJ, though. I'm gonna stick with ENTJ for now.

Annalucia: ISTP - I think she's a really good example of an ISTP. Diggin' ditches, punchin' bitches, causin' stitches, the whole charade. Her closest friend is her gun.

Saiid: INTJ - This was obvious since episode 1, and I love how consistent his character is - I never have any reason to consider him anything other than INTJ.

Rousseau: INFJ - I haven't gotten around to her much, she isn't much of a character yet, but I get a strong "Ni" vibe from her. The fact that she was on a scientific mission and is a mathematician who set up her own torture machine made me inclined to think INTJ at first, but I'm wavering between that and INFJ, really. Even an INFJ may not be very personable if she was stranded alone on an island for 17 years hiding from "others." The fact that Saiid (I feel like an idiot having no idea how to spell his name, by the way) had to fix her music box for her and was able to do it in about two minutes got me thinking she was perhaps less technically adriot and independent than it had seemed at first, and that she may only look this way because of the necessity of her situation. Plus, remember the baby thing? That was some NF "logic" if I've ever seen it. She could just have a couple of screws loose, though.

Charlie: ESFP - an easy one, very consistent. Performer, baby-lover, pleasure-seeker, and emotionally immature.

Rose: ISFJ - Not much of a character yet, but she just sits around thinking about Jesus, her husband, and washing clothes, so she looks a lot like an ISFJ.

Hurley/Hugo: ENFP - When you get stranded on an island, what type of person's first order of business is making a golf course? ENFP.

Boone: ISTP - I'm really not sure about Boone. He freely offered to follow Locke around hunting, he's may well be an introvert, and he seemed pretty level-headed, so I'm going to go with ISTP even though I didn't get that "feel" from him. I don't really remember his character too much.

Jin: ISTJ - Jin hasn't really learned English yet, but because of his being ashamed of being a fisherman's son (societal focus), and his commitment to his wife's father and being a hard worker, I'm pretty comfortable with ISTJ.

Shannon: ISFJ - I think she's an SJ. She's an emotional child who wants to be taken care of, so I lean away from T and say ISFJ.

Jin's Wife: ISFJ - Probably ISFJ because of her seemingly want to be everyone's
"nurse" with her little remedies and this and that, but I don't think INFJ is at all out of the question.

Michael: ESTP - This character sucks. He's so fucking irrational and just...stupid. That's why I want to think of him as an F, but really, I can't. He seems information-oriented...just...too emotional. probably an SP as a professional artist and raft builder and just because he seems sanguine to me. Maybe an introvert, but no ISTP is so irrational. I can't imagine him performing like an ESFP, I don't see him as a sweet-heart who avoids confrontation like an ISFP, but I can see a strong competitive streak in him, so I'm going to go with ESTP on this one, even though like sawyer he seems really emotional to me.

Big Black Guy: INFP - His refusal to speak after the killings and the way he went up to hug Annalucia when he knew she was sad makes me think that this guy is probably an INFP. He hasn't said a word though hardly, so who can say?

Kate: INTJ - Strategic, organized, independent. I think INTJ's the best bet.

Pregnant Girl Who Had Baby: ISFP - really dunno about this one - I just get that impression.

What do ya'll think?

Eye 'n' Teepee

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Just started season two? Enjoy! There's a whole lot more mind-fuck coming your way, believe me. Whatever you do, don't skip a single episode. I imagine if you were to skip from season 2 to season 6, it would be like watching an entirely new show.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
By the way, here are some corrections -

Kate ISTP
Sawyer ENTP
Jack ESTJ

I get the strong feeling that a lot of the questions posed or implied in "Lost" will not be adequately answered. This strikes me as egregiously lazy and maybe even manipulative. For those of you who have watched more than I have, what are your opinions on this?

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ben - intj
jack - estj
kate - estp
sawyer - istp
sayid - istp
locke - intj
hurley - esfp
daniel - intp
man in black - intj
jacob - infj
miles - entp
witmore - entj
rose - isfj
juliet - enfj
clair - esfj
charlie - enfp
desmond - infp
jin - istj
sun - isfp

I probably mistyped at least half the list and also forgot at least half the characters but whatever!

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ben - intj
jack - estj
kate - estp
sawyer - istp
sayid - istp
locke - intj
hurley - esfp
daniel - intp
man in black - intj
jacob - infj
miles - entp
witmore - entj
rose - isfj
juliet - enfj
clair - esfj
charlie - enfp
desmond - infp
jin - istj
sun - isfp

I probably mistyped at least half the list and also forgot at least half the characters but whatever!

These are not bad guesses.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ben - intj
jack - estj
kate - estp
sawyer - istp
sayid - istp
locke - intj
hurley - esfp
daniel - intp
man in black - intj
jacob - infj
miles - entp
witmore - entj
rose - isfj
juliet - enfj
clair - esfj
charlie - enfp
desmond - infp
jin - istj
sun - isfp

These are not bad guesses.