• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Legend of Zelda Game Series

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I've Played the first one, Adventures of Link, and currently I'm into Ocarina of Time (Thank GOD that Wii gives you that optioin to DL oldskool games).

I'm really digging OoT, but the first one is probably classic by default without all the fancy graphics.

What do you think?

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
The super nintendo (Link to the Past)one was amazing. Minish Cap was also enjoyable.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I'm stuck in Legend of the Wind Waker where the game opens up and you do quite a bit of sailing around to gather various items, because I didn't mark on my FAQ where I left off at, I hadn't played the game for about 5 years, and there's no way to tell where I'm at or where I need to go next on the open seas. I see Ebay in this game's future...

So, the first Zelda game I played all the way through and beat was Twilight Princess. I used Gamespot's guide. I can't imagine trying to beat the temples/dungeons without any sort of guide. Even with the guide, they were ridiculously lengthy and cheap-shotty.

So, I'm not a huge Zelda fan, but I can see the appeal...

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I've Played the first one, Adventures of Link, and currently I'm into Ocarina of Time (Thank GOD that Wii gives you that optioin to DL oldskool games).

I'm really digging OoT, but the first one is probably classic by default without all the fancy graphics.

What do you think?

I've never owned a N64, so I haven't played OoT yet. That is definitely on my games-to-play list.

I really loved the Zelda's on the NES and SNES. The Zelda's on the gamecube I felt were both fun and frustrating. For example Twighlight Princess was extremely fun for the second half of the game, but I almost quit it after the first few hours. I found the beginning of the game to be pretty boring.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I've never owned a N64, so I haven't played OoT yet. That is definitely on my games-to-play list.

I really loved the Zelda's on the NES and SNES. The Zelda's on the gamecube I felt were both fun and frustrating. For example Twighlight Princess was extremely fun for the second half of the game, but I almost quit it after the first few hours. I found the beginning of the game to be pretty boring.

If you have the Wii, you can get all those games for about $5-10 USD a pop. I figure at that price I might as well try them all out, and hold on to the ones I like.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
If you have a Wii, I'd seriously recommend Twilight Princess (after you finish Ocarina), and of course Majora's Mask is a must-have (pseudo)sequel to Ocarina (which I suppose you can also download for free on Wii, as it's from N64).

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
If you have a Wii, I'd seriously recommend Twilight Princess (after you finish Ocarina), and of course Majora's Mask is a must-have (pseudo)sequel to Ocarina (which I suppose you can also download for free on Wii, as it's from N64).

Good suggestions. I'll take note.

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I never met anyone who liked Majora's Mask. Zelda on a timer? No thanks.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
majorah's mask was worse than mario bros. 2 -- the reject make.
it was a failed experiment based on a rather boring sub-story in OoT.
honestly, animal crossing was more fun.

twilight princess, ocarina and link to the past are shining examples of the zelda series.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Nintendo kicks their butts! They haven't had a good product in years. The Wii was the nail in the coffin for Sega

I thought you meant they actually owned Sega in some form. And that's not true, in my opinion. Sega has had good products. Just not a console. But that's a matter of taste I guess.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ
I thought you meant they actually owned Sega in some form. And that's not true, in my opinion. Sega has had good products. Just not a console. But that's a matter of taste I guess.

Just like people are torn between XBox and Playstation today. They are the modern Sega/Nentendo counterparts.

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
majorah's mask was worse than mario bros. 2 -- the reject make.
it was a failed experiment based on a rather boring sub-story in OoT.
honestly, animal crossing was more fun.

twilight princess, ocarina and link to the past are shining examples of the zelda series.

I rather liked Majora's Mask. It's crap compared to Ocarina (but besides FF7 and Metroid Prime, what isn't?), but it's still a pretty good RPG relative to other games out there.

Twilight Princess was very well-done (namely for the graphics on Wii and the fact that you get to use the wii remote physically to use your weapons), but the plot was a bit lacking, and it was one of the more linear Zelda games. Not enough sidequests imo. I put Twilight Princess and Majora's Mask within the same rank.

Link to the Past: :nice:

And of course it goes without saying, OoT is the number 1 best Zelda game that will ever be made. It's unlikely that any future games will ever live up to it.

I never met anyone who liked Majora's Mask. Zelda on a timer? No thanks.

It's not really on a timer the way many think it is. At first glance, it appears stressful and pointless, but it's really not. You can restart the time as much as you want, with very few consequences. You just lose your various forms of ammo/rupees, but ammo is easy to find, and you can deposit your rupees into the bank account so they aren't lost. The toughest aspect is the fact that you have to finish the temples within the three day time limit, but there's more than enough time to do that (especially when you slow down the time).

In some parts, the time limit just adds an extraneous minor hassle, but don't let the time stop you from enjoying the game, as it's easy to adapt to. Also, the time limit adds a twist to some of the miniquests, as you have to incorporate that aspect into the puzzle (ie, it must be 6:00 PM on day 2 to do a certain part of a certain quest).

The plot is a bit more lacking than Ocarina, but still, I rather enjoyed the game, especially the Stone Temple and the minitemple leading up to the Stone Temple. These temples are better than any temples in Ocarina (except maybe Shadow), imho. I also really liked morphing into other characters (Deku shrub, Goron, and Zora) and taking on their abilities.

Majora's Mask receives a lot of crap from Zelda fans, but it's actually a pretty good game.

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
All the Zelda games are amazing. Except those co-produced with Capcom (Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Minish Cap), since they deviate from the serie´s bases.

Majora´s Mask is just fine, I reckon I got bored with doing errands all around the place, which take you more time than clearing the dungeons, which, by the way, are very few, and not that challenging.

During the course of my life, I played them all (for all consoles), and consider Ocarina of Time being the best.

Now, I´m eagerly waiting for the new one for Wii:

< New Zelda Wii game in 2010 - plus other Nintendo updates | Technology | guardian.co.uk >

gigi_xo

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
I LOVE ZELDA

ocarina of time and twilight princess are my favsies :)

capslock

MBTI Type
INFP
I've completed Ocarina of Time (several times), Majora's Mask (really difficult but rewarding) and Windwaker. I love them all!