• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Final Fantasy 13

ferunandesu

MBTI Type
INxP
Enneagram
4w5
My interest in the series started to wane around the age of... 15? The aesthetic and intellectual depth of the series remained constant while I continued to grow, I guess. The same is true of me and most games though.

lopez

FFX is the one of my favorite games. It was an amazing experience, and one of, if not the best rpg of all time. Its gonna be hard to top such a great game.Final Fantasy XIII was awesome. The battles were intense. The graphics were jaw droppping.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Video games are just time wasters. The same as movies, television, reading fiction, taking sunday drives, or anything else that's relaxing but doesn't really "return" anything.

Actually, I have to disagree with that. Sometimes movies, television, fiction and video games can be powerful narratives that really make you think about things in a different way or affect you deeply in some way that will influence you henceforth, whether you are conscious of it or not. Surely you can think of at least one such "time waster" that influenced you deeply? Playing music was supposed to be a "time waster" for me too, but it grew to become something much more than that.

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I cringe whenever I see Snow and Hope on the screen. They do absolutely nothing for me.

peterson

Final fantasy versus XIII is only available on PS3 and its a side story to this one.I think the first part of the game is linear on purpose, it helps teach you how to use the combat system and inventory properly and gives you the opportunity to experiment.

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
Overall I was disappointed. I have played through EVERY Final Fantasy game, even to level 50 in FFXI. So I felt obligated to complete this game despite my disappointment.

Overall the story didn't capture me like past games have. The characters didn't seem to have a lot of depth to them. Some of them seemed like blatant rip-offs from past games (Hope looked and whined like Tidus, Vanille felt like a Rikku 2.0, etc) The first 10 hours of the game were linear and boring (We do not need that much time to figure the game out). The combat system didn't impress me, nor did the Crystarium system of specializing characters. It was worse than the sphere grid in FFX.

I could probably go on but Ill cut it short there.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I got bored... I was on the beginning of disc 2. Then I just quit. The characters are annoying, the battle system is intricate, but not very appealing as you don't get to control as much as it makes you think it does, and though the graphics are always cool the script is extremely cliche... overall, it was not worth the $60 dollars I paid for it.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
A summary of the gameplay:

Boring and repetitive battles galore, grinding for ages, more grinding, even more grinding, extremely linear level progression - it is like playing a FPS rail-shooter minus the rails, die on bosses and Eidolons over three thousand times, you will never summon anything because it's almost useless to do so, mostly boring level scenery that repeats itself, crappy character development that makes you want to puke, corny dialouge, a lack of many different enemy types is extremely pertinent; overall, the game is extremely boooooooring.

Character summary:

Lightning: Cloud Strife + Vincent Valentine = Lightning.
Sahz: He is a crap version of Detective James Carter from Rush Hour.
Snow: A giant freaking idiot who is gung-ho about being a giant freaking idiot; also, he is supar sad because his gurlfran got pwnd. B'awww.
Fang: The dike.
Vanille: The love-child of some pedophilic Japanese man.
Emo Boy: A emo child that Snow should've let die. I hate this character the most. I don't even remember his name because I just started calling him "the stupid emo kid with the stupidest Eidolon."
Cid: Where was his country accent?!

Story Summary:

Crap that had potential.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I guess I should state the best parts as well...

The scene where Snow was sucking face at the fireworks display was pretty awesome, I must admit. It was perfect, I think, even though the dialouge was stupid - I just mean the visual experience itself was amazing. Also, the part in the game where you're on the beach and the sun is setting, that was gorgeous! I looked at everything in that scene for about 20 minutes or so. Very amazing.

That's all, I think. Oh yeah, the soundtrack is mostly crap. The title song is okay but when the woman begins singing to it in the game... It sounds like a frigging Walt Disney song. No joke, it's appalling.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I agree with you though. He is by far one of the MOST annoying characters EVER created. I wish some of the in-game choices were too maim him in any way possible.

Arthur Schopenhauer

What is, is.
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Thos most annoying character ever was the protagonist, Capelle, in Infinite Undiscovery. Also, that game had the stupidest final boss of all time.

Don't buy that game.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

He's a rip off of Tidus.

I blame Tidus.

I don't think Tidus was even this bad. I actually like Tidus' character because he actually becomes effective in battle. Hope is just a waste of mass.

Thos most annoying character ever was the protagonist, Capelle, in Infinite Undiscovery. Also, that game had the stupidest final boss of all time.

Don't buy that game.

What was the final boss??

Patches

Klingon Warrior Princess
I don't think Tidus was even this bad. I actually like Tidus' character because he actually became effective in battle. Hope is just a waste of mass.

He cried on a regular basis. I don't want a main character who is going to bawl every 5 minutes while I'm playing the game. Auron or Jecht would have been more appropriate, those guys aren't whiney girls.

R

ReflecTcelfeR

I suppose they thought more people would relate to Tidus than to those other characters. Though the two you mention are extremely vital to the plot. Auron and Jecht don't really have anything to learn, but Tidus did, alot... even though he didn't exist in the first place... so yeah. I dunno.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'll probably get this game and pwn it next holidays... should be nice and cheap then :D