• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Final Fantasy 13

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Bayonetta is better than GOW3 :p

Just like DMC3 is better than GOW1 and 2.

My only problem with Bayonetta, was that after nearly every cutscene, my response was, "F#$%in' really?" :shock:

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
I still say more than ever that the rpg elements in this game has been dumbed down severely as to make it more appealing to a stupid western audience. Everything about it is geared more towards westerners, which is not what I want in a FF game.

I'm curious what you mean by this? The most successful western RPGs of late (DA:O and ME2) have had tons and tons of role-playing elements via entire books worth of speech, various optional areas to explore, and variable character customization ranging from a simple upgrade system (ME2) to a more traditional and complex stat and skillset (DA:O), both which worked out pretty well as a means to an end.

From what I've heard FF13 isn't really failing on wrpg concepts so much as just a generally average game with linear play and a very slow story, albiet with a very nice menu system.

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm curious what you mean by this? The most successful western RPGs of late (DA:O and ME2) have had tons and tons of role-playing elements via entire books worth of speech, various optional areas to explore, and variable character customization ranging from a simple upgrade system (ME2) to a more traditional and complex stat and skillset (DA:O), both which worked out pretty well as a means to an end.

From what I've heard FF13 isn't really failing on wrpg concepts so much as just a generally average game with linear play and a very slow story, albiet with a very nice menu system.

Exactly. Then entire time I've been playing FFXIII, I've been wishing to God there was any sense of character customization at all. The Gambit system, as well as the character development system, from 12 were a wonderful, strategic combat system.

I don't think FFXIII adopted western standards, so much as they abandoned the JRPG concepts that actually worked in favor of something that amounts to you pressing 2 buttons over and over again throughout an entire fight, with no strategic factors at all.

Munchies

MBTI Type
XNXP
Enneagram
OMG
Instinctual Variant
sx
Ive never been a fan of the turn base gaming thing but after the commercial of this game with the totally hommo song and game cover i hate it even more now.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
This webpage has a review of the game that I consider to be highly accurate.

I miss the FF days when characters had depth, storyline had twists, and times where you don't know where the hell you're going, but it's all good because you'll explore and eventually figure it out. All the mini-side quests were fun too.

Needless to say, FFXIII was pretty much walking through a corridor, mashing X and auto-battle, and Para shifting when the situation demanded it. The graphics were nice though.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hm...I guess that means it's not worth playing?

Atomic Fiend

It's worth watching the cinematics on Youtube.

Not purchasing with someones hard earned money, surrendering 20+ hours of your life to.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
It's worth watching the cinematics on Youtube.

Not purchasing with someones hard earned money, surrendering 20+ hours of your life to.

Come on, it's not that bad. I mean the graphics are nice...

Yeah I sometimes question myself if spending that $60 was really worth it.

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm having a lot of fun with it, and I think it's worth the purchase. I was somewhat disappointed with the first 20 or so hours though.

visaisahero

MBTI Type
ENTP
Sigh. I'm about 20 hours into it and love/hate the game. It gets linear and repetitive and the characters aren't anywhere as complex or interesting as they ought to be.

This game could have turned out to be so much more. I'm disappointed. But I'm still going to finish the game and I am somewhat enjoying the game, perhaps because of the battle system.

Tom

MBTI Type
Jipe
Enneagram
Memb
It redeems itself somewhat in the last two or so chapters, but I found the whole game horribly underwhelming. I could stomach the linearity of it, but not the poorly written, underdeveloped characters. The combat's received its share of the criticism too, for being overly autonomous. I thought it was quite an interesting mechanic, but it wasn't really explored or pushed.

It's pretty though. Particularly one cutscene near the start; if you've seen it you know the one I mean.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
Yea. Not the greatest FF, that's for sure. Give me another FFIX please.

Ming

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
2w3
I'm amazed.. are you all adults?

My parents are like 'KEEP YOUR PAWS OFF THE COMPUTER. STUDY. NO PLAYING ON THE COMPUTER OR WE WILL GROUND YOU!'.

:shock: I'm surprised a lot of adults play games; which are known as 'immature' by the 'adult' group. They're boring.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
When you grow up playing video games, you do the same in adulthood. Just like the previous gens grew up watching tv, and do the same in adulthood.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
I'm amazed.. are you all adults?

My parents are like 'KEEP YOUR PAWS OFF THE COMPUTER. STUDY. NO PLAYING ON THE COMPUTER OR WE WILL GROUND YOU!'.

:shock: I'm surprised a lot of adults play games; which are known as 'immature' by the 'adult' group. They're boring.

Video games are just time wasters. The same as movies, television, reading fiction, taking sunday drives, or anything else that's relaxing but doesn't really "return" anything.

What entertainment you find boring or exciting is entirely a matter of opinion. Me, I love a good story in game or book format, but I never have inclination to watch tv and rarely to go see a movie.