• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Final Fantasy 13

Scott N Denver

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Anybody got this? Any thoughts? One reviewer on amazon said its an action game NOT a RPG. Apparently battles are different, and spell usage [no MP], leveling up and caps on that, and the character improvement resembles FF10.

I'm currently 11 hrs into FF12, need to actually finish FF10, am ambiguous on my interest in continuing to play FFx-2, and will probably wait before buying FF13, I'm already game saturated for the time being.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
How do you like FFXII? I had more fun with that than any other FF game. (Although artistically I think FFVII was better.) I used a FAQ and grabbed the Zodiac spear, and even with that making the game easier it took me about 100 hours to beat it. (I only left the last few hunts uncompleted, because the reward vs. time needed was pointless...)

valentine

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I haven't felt compelled to pick up XIII yet, though as a general rule the series has only gone downhill since it turned 3-d.

Cerridwen

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
I felt FFXII was a bit too easy. Near the end of the game, I could do nearly every boss without touching a button because of the whole gambit thing. Berserk everyone except the healer... and charge (while I walk away and make a sandwich)!

As for FFXIII, meh... I don't own a PS3 and I'm probably not gonna buy one anytime soon. Maybe during the summer... or I will get it for my birthday. As for right now, not a big MUST HAVE NAO thing.

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I bought it yesterday, and am about 1.5 hours into it. This is the first Final Fantasy I've played since VIII, as I never had a PS2.

The graphics are very impressive, albeit a bit below the CGI levels early trailers were showing us. The fight system and story both have potential - they are laying down an interesting groundwork.

I'm not sure how two scrawny children can be as fierce of fighters as an experienced Soldier and rebel leader. Hopefully they describe that at some point, although it's probably just a J-RPG plot contrivance. It's been nagging me, though.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
I'm playing them in order, and I've only play FFI-FFVI so I'm playing FFVII right now it was like $10 for the PS3 pretty awesome game. I'll probably get FFVIII after this if they have it. Though I also purchased god of war I and II so I'll probably play those next but I want to get God of War III at some point and FFXIII

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yes, I decided to pick it up yesterday. I read the reviews talking about the ways this title diverges from the previous and still decided to give it a try. We shall see if it is the playable-video-game-movie that people fear. I played VII, VIII, X to completion. I haven't gotten too far so far yet, but its fine. I noticed Nobuo Uematsu isn't involved with the music for this title.

Main character's seiyu: Maaya Sakamoto.
=
Must have.

I didn't know that, that is super fantastic!

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
I haven't played it yet but after reading the TV tropes page I want to at least see.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
I bought it yesterday, and am about 1.5 hours into it. This is the first Final Fantasy I've played since VIII, as I never had a PS2.

The graphics are very impressive, albeit a bit below the CGI levels early trailers were showing us. The fight system and story both have potential - they are laying down an interesting groundwork.

I'm not sure how two scrawny children can be as fierce of fighters as an experienced Soldier and rebel leader. Hopefully they describe that at some point, although it's probably just a J-RPG plot contrivance. It's been nagging me, though.

Fukin seriously man. Like it's somewhat believable when the graphics weren't so good, but now that it looks so realistic, its harder to suspend belief about a 110 pound girl being ANY type of a physical threat. I immediately made that observations when the main characters were revealed.

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
FFXII put me off the franchise.
What!? FFXII was fantastic gameplay wise, but lacking story and character wise compared to the previous ones. the combat was downright fun though, except for when you were trying to farm uber rare items from monsters -_-. Which brings me to the much loathed part about FFXII, those godamn random fuking chests. God &^^&% 939$% $I)%) $#$*( the mother %$$%$&* who decided to do that randomized bs with the treasure chests. Just #%$& him!

Atomic Fiend

When I play FF it isn't really for great gameplay. Odd I know, but it's true, the characters and story better damn well better pull me through.

Rainne

One day and the next
MBTI Type
ISTP
Yeah FFXII story made me yawn, same w/ the character development. The gameplay and the environment were great though.

Gonna pick up FFXIII later this week!

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Apparently FF13 was a disappointment when it came out. I don't think I'm going to play it.
I'm still finishing FF12.
I quite enjoyed FF7,9 and 10. Didn't yet finish 8. I'd wish that the FF games go back into the game style of random battles. And the terrain in FF12 is quite disappointing. The main characters have been declining since FFX-2. Cloud, Squall, Zidane and Tidus had their own unique independent character. Whereas to use Yuna as the main is annoying, Vaan was quite childish and I'm not so sure about 13 but I'm sure it would too disappoint me. I'm also not used to playing with women as RPG main characters.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
I didn't really like the "large" story of FFXII, but I did enjoy the scenarios and areas, such as the area that turns from a desert into a flooded lush green area. FFXII seemed more like a living world than other FFs for me; I think that's why I enjoyed it so much.

Also, I agree about the chests. No reason to do that that I can think of...

Risen

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
9w8
So has anyone started playing it? I tried out like 30 mins of it yesterday. God, I already miss the FFXII gameplay! But the game looks good so far, awesome voice acting and cutscenes.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I haven't felt compelled to pick up XIII yet, though as a general rule the series has only gone downhill since it turned 3-d.

I'm inclined to agree. 7 was good because the chracters still had a measure of depth from the 2D days but then I couldn't stand 8, it felt wrong for some reason, like putting on a glove with two finger slots that are too small to fit. I got pretty far in FF9 but once the characters levelled out I dropped it. NEver played 10, and loved 12 just because I'm a sucker for good art (and enjoyed the non-turnbased fighting). I need to play FF3, 4, 5 and 6 (and beat 1 and 2).

Udog

Seriously Delirious
MBTI Type
INfp
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I quit playing 10 hours into it. Once I had to worry about leveling up items I started growing weary, and I eventually just felt like the story (which I like) was being held ransom by fairly repetitive gameplay. No thanks.