What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by ReflecttcelfeR View Post
    What was the final boss??
    Veros was the final boss. He was some sort of purple, gay, moon-god person who was P.O.'d at his creation for whatever reason so he wanted to kill everyone to mend his butthurt. He was a complete moron; omnipotent yet fail.

His attacks were rotating lightning bolts and super 'evil' mist that wasn't even poisonous. Super uncool. Also, he made dark portals on the ground, I think. Yeah, he was lame because Capelle killed him and Capelle was a moron that was 1000's of times worse than Hope.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentMind View Post
    Veros was the final boss. He was some sort of purple, gay, moon-god person who was P.O.'d at his creation for whatever reason so he wanted to kill everyone to mend his butthurt. He was a complete moron; omnipotent yet fail.

His attacks were rotating lightning bolts and super 'evil' mist that wasn't even poisonous. Super uncool. Also, he made dark portals on the ground, I think. Yeah, he was lame because Capelle killed him and Capelle was a moron that was 1000's of times worse than Hope.
    Fail.

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I'll probably get this game and pwn it next holidays... should be nice and cheap then
    It's a pretty good game, but it has one major flaw. It's something of a "meh" game for the first twenty hours. That really is a huge flaw considering there are a lot of games that you can beat in under twenty hours.

However after that it really picks up. I played through about all of the content after 100 hours and I was left wanting more. However if I were to replay the game I wouldn't look forward to the first twenty hours at all.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    It's a pretty good game, but it has one major flaw. It's something of a "meh" game for the first twenty hours. That really is a huge flaw considering there are a lot of games that you can beat in under twenty hours.

However after that it really picks up. I played through about all of the content after 100 hours and I was left wanting more. However if I were to replay the game I wouldn't look forward to the first twenty hours at all.
    ahh nuts

I want that good ol' final fantasy goodness. eh, It'll be my mission someday
    5 3 9

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Le sigh.
    I heard it got bad reviews, happy I didn't waste my money on it.
    I'd like a game as great as FFVII to come out someday...but perhaps I'm reaching for the stars on that one.

What is, is. Arthur Schopenhauer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INTj

FF: Versus looks like it has some potential. It seemed very much like the Kingdom Hearts series on PS2 and those were games that I very much enjoyed - especially KH2.
    INTJ | 5w4 - Sp/Sx/So | 5-4-(9/1) | RLoEI | Melancholic-Choleric | Johari & Nohari

This will not end well...
    But it will at least be poetic, I suppose...

Hmm... But what if it does end well?
    Then I suppose it will be a different sort of poetry, a preferable sort...
    A sort I could become accustomed to...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I said it once and I'll say it again: this installment of FF was CRAP. Garbage, from King Garbage, of the Garbage Dynasty.It was geared towards westerners in story and gameplay, and their low view of their intelligence and attention span certainly shows.

I mean, FFXII was another one where the change from previous FF installments was a little jarring, and made it difficult to tell if I liked it or not. I always thought the characters were a little drab, and the world in general lacking a bit of that "fantasy" feel. But after some time it definitely grew on me, and i had NO qualms finishing the game all the way through. Now I think it's one of the best FF games. FF13... I played that nearly to the end and stopped because I saw that it's absolutely retarded and didn't want to waste another single minute on it. The characters I are worse than with FFXII, and even in that one Balthier and Basch had some charm. No such thing with FFXIII. Not even having a black guy in there helped :P.

gameplay I hated because of the lack of personal control. It's not playing, it's pressing A all the damn time. The weapons system is also retarded, though not unlike FFX. FFXII just has me spoiled on that front. And don't get me started on the story... Orphan? ORPHAN!? My ultimate enemy in the game is a fucking ORPHAN?! WTF. Story didn't make any godamn sense, and sure as hell wasn't entertaining. Nowhere near enough to make up for the linear crap gameplay.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ILI

I still haven't finished FF13... it's a very pretty gave and a couple of the characters are appealing (though I have to say, the red-head seemed to be designed specifically for 'look at my boobs' effect)... but gosh, I was hoping for something a little more malleable like FF12, really... better in the ways it needed to be better and the same in the way FF12 succeeded. Alas, no such luck. =(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Now THIS guy gets it

[YOUTUBE="OeDQM_0DS34"]FFXIII Sucks[/YOUTUBE]

"This game was made for frag heads with no attention span..."

ReflecTcelfeR

I wanted to strangle the red-head! She is TOOOO cheery! I mean she's hiding shit and so it's exaggerated because of this, but come on! I just want a little depth from these 'people', I would rather call them the first example of emotional robots, each designed to expound a specific feeling. This game just bores and annoys me... I never had a reason to go back in time, but now I do. I want to un-buy this game.