User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 105

  1. #21
    Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    3,377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    So has anyone started playing it? I tried out like 30 mins of it yesterday. God, I already miss the FFXII gameplay! But the game looks good so far, awesome voice acting and cutscenes.
    This is my impression so far. I'm about 30 hours into it.

    I love the music. The visuals are the best I've seen on any game yet. There are plenty of enjoyable cutscenes, and I'm into the story and characters. (Sahz is my favorite.) I usually like the story and chacters of FF games, but I didn't care for them in XII.

    The gameplay is a blast, but it takes a long time before they really let you get the full effect of it. For example for a good portion of the game you don't get to choose who is in your party, and often you only have two party members. You don't really get to experience the full effect of the battle system unless you have three characters IMO. Another example is that while each character gets their own eidelon/summon, I've just gotten three of them in the past two days. For a large chunk of the game I only had Lightning's summon as an option.

    I just got to a huge open area yesterday that is great to explore and play in. However before that point the game is mostly linear. So overall the game is a blast, but they take a real long time holding your hand and getting you used to the game before they really let you explore the full depths of the world, battle system etc....

    My prediction about this game is that a lot of people will say it sucks and they gave up early. Then there will be another group who says they stuck with it and consider the game to be one of the best Final Fantasies. It mostly depends on if you think the early parts of the game have enough to offer to entice you on toward the later parts.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

  2. #22
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    ^Agree with the above pretty much. I like it. But I've taken a break for awhile.. can't play a game this long straight through.

  3. #23
    One day and the next Rainne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Well, I'm on Chapter 13 and pretty close to the final boss, roughly an hour or two away.

    My impressions so far:

    -Really uninspiring storyline
    -Fairly bland characters (Lightning and Sahz are the only ones I really like)
    -Incredible cutscenes and environment graphics (Gran Pulse)
    -Okay gameplay, but this is very debatable
    -Very linear

    It's an ok game, about a low 80 - maybe mid 80 / 100.

  4. #24
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    Well, I'm on Chapter 13 and pretty close to the final boss, roughly an hour or two away.

    My impressions so far:

    -Really uninspiring storyline
    -Fairly bland characters (Lightning and Sahz are the only ones I really like)
    -Incredible cutscenes and environment graphics (Gran Pulse)
    -Okay gameplay, but this is very debatable
    -Very linear

    It's an ok game, about a low 80 - maybe mid 80 / 100.
    I don't think there ever was a final fantasy (with the exception of final fantasy 11) that was not linear. The illusion of explorations via the freedom to move freely on the map may hide the fact that the story can only happen one way.

    Final fantasy 11 replaced linear with repetitiveness.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

  5. #25
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    I don't think there ever was a final fantasy (with the exception of final fantasy 11) that was not linear. The illusion of explorations via the freedom to move freely on the map may hide the fact that the story can only happen one way.
    Final Fantasy 1 required that some things be done in a certain order, but there were a number of major tasks you can do in somewhat different orders. It presumably remains the least linear of the FF games. But it wasn't really letting itself be held back by a narrative.
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  6. #26
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Final Fantasy 1 required that some things be done in a certain order, but there were a number of major tasks you can do in somewhat different orders. It presumably remains the least linear of the FF games. But it wasn't really letting itself be held back by a narrative.
    Hmmm, now that I think about it, Final Fantasy 6 was also non linear. The order you get people after Kefka went insane was up to you. Unfortunately, Square Enix hasn't been the same ever since the merging. They used to make games that I would loosed sleep over (chrono trigger, xenogears, final fantasy 6, super mario rpg...etc). Now, I can barely stand playing any games they realeased after Final Fantasy 9, so with that said, I don't think i'll be buying anymore final fantasy.

    ....so XIII is my final fantasy.

    alright not punny.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

  7. #27
    One day and the next Rainne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Posts
    899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forzen View Post
    Hmmm, now that I think about it, Final Fantasy 6 was also non linear. The order you get people after Kefka went insane was up to you. Unfortunately, Square Enix hasn't been the same ever since the merging. They used to make games that I would loosed sleep over (chrono trigger, xenogears, final fantasy 6, super mario rpg...etc). Now, I can barely stand playing any games they realeased after Final Fantasy 9, so with that said, I don't think i'll be buying anymore final fantasy.

    ....so XIII is my final fantasy.

    alright not punny.
    pfft you'll be back

  8. #28
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rainne View Post
    pfft you'll be back
    Sadly, you might be right. I said the same thing with FFXII...I hate this cycle, it's like i'm falling for my own trap.

    FFXIII did looked shinny. However, GoW III was even shinnier and was epic win the entire time I was playing.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

  9. #29
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Bayonetta is better than GOW3 :P

    Just like DMC3 is better than GOW1 and 2.

  10. #30
    Senior Member forzen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    X/0
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Bayonetta is better than GOW3 :P

    Just like DMC3 is better than GOW1 and 2.
    Never played Bayonetta lol, DMC3 was awesome. Never played GoW 1 or 2. Demon's Souls is the ultimate video game in my opinion, all it needed was an awesome story/plot and I would have died happy after beating it.

    I might pick up Bayonetta when it's in the discount bin.
    This post grammatical errors had been intentionally left uncorrected.

Similar Threads

  1. Final Fantasy
    By Athenian200 in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-24-2016, 06:34 PM
  2. The Final Fantasy Thread
    By The_Liquid_Laser in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 08-27-2012, 02:27 AM
  3. Final Fantasy XIII?
    By mellanae in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-08-2011, 05:49 AM
  4. Final fantasy:
    By ObeyBunny in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-18-2010, 12:06 AM
  5. Final Fantasy types
    By Into It in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 11:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO