User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

I haven't played it yet but after reading the TV tropes page I want to at least see.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I bought it yesterday, and am about 1.5 hours into it. This is the first Final Fantasy I've played since VIII, as I never had a PS2.

The graphics are very impressive, albeit a bit below the CGI levels early trailers were showing us. The fight system and story both have potential - they are laying down an interesting groundwork.

I'm not sure how two scrawny children can be as fierce of fighters as an experienced Soldier and rebel leader. Hopefully they describe that at some point, although it's probably just a J-RPG plot contrivance. It's been nagging me, though.
    Fukin seriously man. Like it's somewhat believable when the graphics weren't so good, but now that it looks so realistic, its harder to suspend belief about a 110 pound girl being ANY type of a physical threat. I immediately made that observations when the main characters were revealed.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    FFXII put me off the franchise.
    What!? FFXII was fantastic gameplay wise, but lacking story and character wise compared to the previous ones. the combat was downright fun though, except for when you were trying to farm uber rare items from monsters -_-. Which brings me to the much loathed part about FFXII, those godamn random fuking chests. God &^^&% 939$% $I)%) $#$*( the mother %$$%$&* who decided to do that randomized bs with the treasure chests. Just #%$& him!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

When I play FF it isn't really for great gameplay. Odd I know, but it's true, the characters and story better damn well better pull me through.

MBTI
    ISTP

Yeah FFXII story made me yawn, same w/ the character development. The gameplay and the environment were great though.

Gonna pick up FFXIII later this week!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Apparently FF13 was a disappointment when it came out. I don't think I'm going to play it.
    I'm still finishing FF12.
    I quite enjoyed FF7,9 and 10. Didn't yet finish 8. I'd wish that the FF games go back into the game style of random battles. And the terrain in FF12 is quite disappointing. The main characters have been declining since FFX-2. Cloud, Squall, Zidane and Tidus had their own unique independent character. Whereas to use Yuna as the main is annoying, Vaan was quite childish and I'm not so sure about 13 but I'm sure it would too disappoint me. I'm also not used to playing with women as RPG main characters.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

I didn't really like the "large" story of FFXII, but I did enjoy the scenarios and areas, such as the area that turns from a desert into a flooded lush green area. FFXII seemed more like a living world than other FFs for me; I think that's why I enjoyed it so much.

Also, I agree about the chests. No reason to do that that I can think of...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

So has anyone started playing it? I tried out like 30 mins of it yesterday. God, I already miss the FFXII gameplay! But the game looks good so far, awesome voice acting and cutscenes.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by valentine View Post
    I haven't felt compelled to pick up XIII yet, though as a general rule the series has only gone downhill since it turned 3-d.
    I'm inclined to agree. 7 was good because the chracters still had a measure of depth from the 2D days but then I couldn't stand 8, it felt wrong for some reason, like putting on a glove with two finger slots that are too small to fit. I got pretty far in FF9 but once the characters levelled out I dropped it. NEver played 10, and loved 12 just because I'm a sucker for good art (and enjoyed the non-turnbased fighting). I need to play FF3, 4, 5 and 6 (and beat 1 and 2).
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

I quit playing 10 hours into it. Once I had to worry about leveling up items I started growing weary, and I eventually just felt like the story (which I like) was being held ransom by fairly repetitive gameplay. No thanks.