User Tag List

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Default some recent console games

Has anyone here played battlefield bad company? IF so how would you compare to, say, CoD:MW2?

Also, anyone played army of two:40th day?
    Dante's Inferno?
    Darksiders?

thoughts???

I've got the last three, but only opened darksiders so far

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Has anyone here played battlefield bad company? IF so how would you compare to, say, CoD:MW2?

Also, anyone played army of two:40th day?
    Dante's Inferno?
    Darksiders?

thoughts???

I've got the last three, but only opened darksiders so far
    Darksiders seemed good from the Demo. Dante's, likewise. I actually thought the most disheartening game I've demo'd recently was God of War III. The whole time I was playing, I just thought "I really wish I was playing Ninja Gaiden instead." Combat is terrible is GoW.

Bad Company seemed good but I thought the Multiplayer demo was a little too slow for my liking, pace just isn't there for me. Plus it takes about 15 bullets to kill people, no thanks. Sticking with MW2.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Bad company seems like a game to buy if you enjoy to play online (and don't get into a killing frenzy when people hand you a pad like it's an appropriate tool for an fps game)

the solo campain is about 6+ hours long (or so i've heard, 'd have to check the data)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTj

10 hours (It's mentioned in one of the previews).

The newest game I've got is Modern Warfare 2. I just finished checking out the back catalog and am waiting for: Splinter Cell: Conviction, Red Dead Redeption, Alan Wake, and Halo: Reach.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I just caused myself to download a free demo of Just Cause 2. Its pretty kick ass kinda like GTA meets Mercenaries. Hefty demo with 30 min free roaming and destroying paragliding, jacking helicopters causing overthetop mehem...cant go wrong there...virtural terrorist/freedom fighter in 3rd world topical paradise.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    INTj

I forgot to mention that I'm going to be playing the Blur beta that starts today.

I was looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII for PS3. It is releases tomorrow.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Vasilisa View Post
    I was looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII for PS3. It is releases tomorrow.
    You might want to check out the reviews, such as: Final Fantasy XIII Review for the PS3,Xbox 360 from 1UP.com It sounds like the FF formula has changed quite a bit. I enjoyed FF XII the most (FFVII was the best, but I still enjoyed FF XII the most), so if FF XIII is the opposite of FF XII, I'll probably sit this one out...

On the other hand, FF XIII could be a fresh reboot of the series for some people, just depends on what you're looking for...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    You might want to check out the reviews, such as: Final Fantasy XIII Review for the PS3,Xbox 360 from 1UP.com It sounds like the FF formula has changed quite a bit. I enjoyed FF XII the most (FFVII was the best, but I still enjoyed FF XII the most), so if FF XIII is the opposite of FF XII, I'll probably sit this one out...

On the other hand, FF XIII could be a fresh reboot of the series for some people, just depends on what you're looking for...
    Thanks! I did read a bit about the changes yesterday, and thats why I was undecided if I was still wanted to spend the money on it today. Of course I loved VII, didn't get to play XII, unfortunately, because we sold the PS2, and the PS3 we have is one of the newer ones that is not backwards compatible.
    the formless thing which gives things form!
    Found Forum Haiku Project

Positive Spin | your feedback welcomed | Darker Criticism

The changes in FF13 are good ones imo. The fights are more challenging than any FF game before it (although it won't seem like it at first.. it's kind of a long tutorial in the beginning). Besides that, these are some of the coolest FF characters in awhile.