Thread: Reggae

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Default Reggae

who is a reggae fan?

i've always really liked this song by Toots and The Maytals a lot;

[YOUTUBE="kckn-5jWItQ"]Love Is Gonna Let Me Down - Toots & The Maytals[/YOUTUBE]

Jimmy Cliff is one of my favorites;

[YOUTUBE="M7Ocgx1778Y"]Come Into My Life - Jimmy Cliff[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="Ieb_TP7-aqE"]Right Time - Mighty Diamonds[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="m9BNgxMFCv4"]Jah Mouly Ital Sip - Augustus Pablo[/YOUTUBE]

heart on fire

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...on-thread.html

I wish they had a reggae music FM channel where I live instead of some of the other stuff they have.

I can remember when this was on the charts. I saw the video on the top 20. Really made an impact...

[YOUTUBE="uteBX4_wxXk"]bob marley - one love[/YOUTUBE]

Here are a couple of other songs I like...

[YOUTUBE="3o4Fgh0KW_4"]Walk & Don't Look Back - Peter Tosh & Mick Jagger[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="s3Y0IwozSdA"]The Wailers - Dem A Fi Get A Beatin'[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I love reggae, but because of a crazy reason. We lived in Charleston for a year+, some of which I was living in ohio. I would drive to Charleston (12 hours) on my own, often. When I would get to South Carolina (I had to drive all the way through it) the only radio stations were country music or this one reggae station. I would listen the reggae station on every trip in and out of Charleston. I usually had no idea what they were saying but I absolutely loved it. Still do.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I love reggae, but because of a crazy reason. We lived in Charleston for a year+, some of which I was living in ohio. I would drive to Charleston (12 hours) on my own, often. When I would get to South Carolina (I had to drive all the way through it) the only radio stations were country music or this one reggae station. I would listen the reggae station on every trip in and out of Charleston. I usually had no idea what they were saying but I absolutely loved it. Still do.
    that is awesome! i love it. that is a perfect way to be turned on to new music.
    i love the tradition of it - you get into this ritual and it becomes really comforting and exciting to fall back into it again. i know when i used to drive around the west USA i would learn the radio stations, and it was like "aHH, old friend, we meet again." haha.

LOVE REGGAE! I'm also a fan of Dancehall - my favourite clubbing music.

Thanks for all the ol'skool joints.

Some newer(ish) chunes!

The seedling:
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GZlJGERbvE]Damian Marley[/youtube]
    (^damn censoring!)

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNidyB0KWtU]Gyptian - Serious time[/youtube]

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjgI0cnxu_s]Wanna be loved[/youtube]

Dancehall:
    [youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwBGQb_5SRw]Lady Saw[/youtube]

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HhCWzNBq1U]Tease Me[/youtube]

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

I love reggae, but only in summertime. It's a torture for me to listen to it when it's cold outside

I really like both versions of this song

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ6GxCHb2O0"].[/YOUTUBE]
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

this is the song i was playing when i met my wife, Under The Sun Moon And Stars, by Jimmy Cliff. i was playing it (a version of it) on guitar and singing it to kids. i left out the beginning of the song, about the death of his parents and their struggle, because it is obviously not cool to sing that for little kids. so i started playing it at the first chorus. i do think that the beginning sets up the emotion and drive of the song in a really meaningful way, but not for little kids.

without the beginning it is a pretty fun song for kids - it is all about finding happiness and fun.

Under The Sun Moon And Stars - Jimmy Cliff

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Aww^ who isn't a sucker for seeing guys with kids?

I love reggae, but I need someone to find it for me, and play it too. The only thing I prefer to live reggae is live jazz. I like the sound of live music so much more than recorded, although I'm not one to go to hear music live; just if it's being played in my house.

Live jazz (my husband can grind out some jazz on the piano--I heard from Visa that it's pretty common for jazz musicians to be isxps-esp istps-that they can improvise awesomely, and it's true in my house)
    Live reggae-great for dancing!
    alternative
    funk
    blues
    other
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com