Inspired by an IMDb poll, what do you think is/are the most annoying movie cliche(s)? I know the standard ones, such as:
- Cut the green wire.
- Interrupted kisses.
- Bullet Time sequences (trend made popular, but not started by, The Matrix).
- Massive flying camera sequence (trend started by The Lord of the Rings).
- The black guy always dies.
But here are some of my own:
- Red lighting during romance scenes.
- Hero always wins.
- Male character does not retaliate after being "bitch slapped" by an angry female character.
- The story revolves around a poor person trying to overthrow the system. (Why aren't there more movies revolving around rich people fighting to keep their power?)
- Tough chick (obvious counter response to the weak and submissive chicks).
- Villains are almost always and have almost always been white (contrary to common belief).
- The black guy survives (when it is obviously used as a counter response to the trend of the black guy always dying, it becomes evident when the movie makes it so it constantly seems he's going to die).
And here are cliches that I wouldn't mind keeping:
- Hero gets caught in an elaborate yet easily escapable death trap.
- Small explosions followed by one giant explosion.
- The villain's role revolves around a diabolical plan to take over the world.
- The villain's fortress is practically designed for theatrics.
- The villain with a bombastic speech about his plans.