• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Official 2010 Winter Olympics Thread

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
That game would make the most casual fan fall in love with hockey.

MBTI Type
INTJ
I wish I could have stayed two more days and been in town for that. My Canadian friends are slitting their wrists :p

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That was a great game, both sides.

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
Much better for Canada in hockey tonight. Solid, good game in all aspects. Now can they pick it up against Russia? Should be some great games tomorrow.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Much better for Canada in hockey tonight. Solid, good game in all aspects. Now can they pick it up against Russia? Should be some great games tomorrow.

The game against the Germans looked like a practice. Other than not having a day to rest between games, I think the Canadians will do fine. It's a pretty even match.

wren

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
South Korea has a successful olympic's program, no? How do they manage that?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
South Korea has a successful olympic's program, no? How do they manage that?

It's a highly wealthy and developed country, and it has no shortage of pride. What's not to understand?

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
The game against the Germans looked like a practice. Other than not having a day to rest between games, I think the Canadians will do fine. It's a pretty even match.

Totally awesome and unbelievable for Canada in hockey tonight! They should make this day a national holiday.:yes:

Good for the Americans too. Hope to see Canada and US play again in the final.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
wooo hoooooo Go CANADA Go!!!!!

GREAT game tonight, and excellent medals, 3 for Canada, Gold & Silver in bobsled and a Bronze in speed skating

what a great night =D

Go CANADA Go!!!!! And a medal in womans hockey tomorrow night, will it be Gold or Silver? USA Vs CAN

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
This is the greatest miracle that ever happened to my nation. To become intrested in sports.

In 1954 Germany won the world soccer championship and that was a miracle that changed a whole country cause the only thing the land knew since then was war.

Since then the enthusiasm about sports has redefined the whole nation and became the new driving force in our lives.

I bet that's a thing you didnt know about Germany.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zShAWruJiGA"].[/YOUTUBE]

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Since then the enthusiasm about sports has redefined the whole nation and became the new driving force in our lives.

I bet that's a thing you didnt know about Germany.

I thought that was nude hiking.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
Go Canada Go!!!!

A Gold in Womens Hockey and a Bronze in Womens Figure Skating!!!

The bronze was truly inspirational....... Joannie Rochette lost her mother tragically just before her short program Tuesday night, and somehow gathered the strength and courage to skate.... she finished in 3rd place, then again she skated last night, and again finished 3rd and getting a Bronze medal :)

she left this comment

"I'm really glad I did this," she said (Joannie Rochette ). "I didn't really feel like skating. My mind wasn't really there, but I'm glad I did because 10 years from now when the pain has gone away a little bit, I would have wished I had skated here....That's what my mom would have wanted me to do."

MBTI Type
INTJ
Woo hoo!

medals.jpg

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Finland is getting man handled so bad by USA right now in hockey. :cheers:

MBTI Type
INTJ
Finland is getting man handled so bad by USA right now in hockey. :cheers:

I know, that is truly shocking. I thought the USA would probably win, but I thought it would be a very tight game. Now I'm torn about the other semifinal. I think we would have a better chance against Slovakia, but the appeal of a Canada/USA gold medal game is undeniable.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
Go CANADA Go!!!!!

Gold ~ 13
Silver ~ 7
Bronze ~5

and tomorrow Can Vs USA for Gold Medal Hockey!!!!!

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Let's Go, USA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Second period... score: Canada-2, USA-1.
The score is not what I would like but it's an exciting game!
I'm still visualizing gold and the USA and silver and Canada!

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
GOOOoooOOOOooooOOOOaaaal!!!

Oh, wait, wrong international sport.

*blows air horn*

Overtime, here we come! Good game no matter who wins.