• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Official 2010 Winter Olympics Thread

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Curling is on right now!

The USA sucks at it. (CNBC network)

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Oooh, this skeleton race looks terrifying! All I can say about that is EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
I'm kinda surprised by the hockey tournament. Many of the favorites have underwhelmed. Russia already has a loss, Canada had to go to overtime to beat the Swiss, and the Swedes needed some late heroics from Alfie to beat Belarus. Finland and the Czechs had the strongest first two games. Sunday's games will start to give us a better idea.

Also, here come the Bobsleds! :yes:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Shani Davis wins the silver medal. Mark Tuitert of the Netherlands won the gold. He is gleeful about his victory. Good for him!!!
Upcoming: short track and alpine skiing!!

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I want to see the American boys open up a can of geopolitical whoop-ass on Canada tomorrow.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
pst I am working at Canada Hockey Place....... aka GM Place!

today is Canada Vs USA and some how they neglected to schedule me YAY is all I can say

that is one game I am looking forward to hearing the results for.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Is Brian Raflaski even aware he is a defenseman?

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
If anyone jinxes this, I will get the ghosts of Herb Brooks, George Patton, Joe McCarthy, and several more to haunt you.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Ughh it's over with that open net goal. But it's only the prelim, Gold for Canada still attainable.

Great game, lots of action.

Sidewinder

MBTI Type
ISFP
Ughh it's over with that open net goal. But it's only the prelim, Gold for Canada still attainable.

Great game, lots of action.

Goaltending was the difference. Miller was outstanding. Brodeur was mediocre and handled the puck poorly. I think Canada's forwards outplayed their American counterparts. But the final score is the only thing that matters. :cry:

If there is any silver lining to this, it's that Canada will get an easy opponent in the first qualification round to help them find their game. They'll need it against the Russians in the quarters.