User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Those two Koreans made the race seem more like slapstick comedy than I thought possible. I was happy when Apolo Ohno won silver, however.

Quote Originally Posted by simpleamazement View Post
    I was watching it on Sat night with some friends...everyone got all excited when the two Koreans fell in the ice skating race, and bumped the USA into spots 2 and 3.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISFP

I think most Canadians only care about the hockey tournament. As long as we win gold in men's and women's hockey (and maybe curling), that's the main thing.

I got into Vancouver this morning, and the city is abuzz. It's really cool. And it seems like half the people you pass on the street are wearing some kind of Canada gear. Very cool.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Canada will win gold in women's hockey. They are awesome but was it really necessary to humiliate Slovakia by the score of 18-0.
    Curling. For sure. Canada will win it. Most people in the United States think that curling has something to do with hair and beauty parlors.
    Men's hockey... um... the U.S. team has the awesome Ryan Miller of the Buffalo Sabres as goalie. So I have to say... Let's go, Buffalo!!!
    I mean... let's go, USA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    I think most Canadians only care about the hockey tournament. As long as we win gold in men's and women's hockey (and maybe curling), that's the main thing.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    Canada will win gold in women's hockey. They are awesome but was it really necessary to humiliate Slovakia by the score of 18-0.
    Curling. For sure. Canada will win it. Most people in the United States think that curling has something to do with hair and beauty parlors.
    Men's hockey... um... the U.S. team has the awesome Ryan Miller of the Buffalo Sabres as goalie. So I have to say... Let's go, Buffalo!!!
    I mean... let's go, USA!!!!
    18-0 was a bit much. Okay, a lot much. I know that they want to put some distance between the teams, but I think they easily could have stopped at 7 or 8. OTOH, some competitions have archaic rules about goals scored being a tiebreaker, so maybe that's the reason.

For the Men's competition, I don't think USA really shone tonight. Switzerland isn't bad, but not a major threat. They should have won by more than 2. Even Canada's 8-0 win didn't seem overwhelming, but at least it never seemed in doubt after 40 minutes.

Also, isn't snowboarding awesome. I seriously need to learn how to do that.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Curling is one of the only winter sports I pay attention to.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
    18-0 was a bit much. Okay, a lot much. I know that they want to put some distance between the teams, but I think they easily could have stopped at 7 or 8. OTOH, some competitions have archaic rules about goals scored being a tiebreaker, so maybe that's the reason.

For the Men's competition, I don't think USA really shone tonight. Switzerland isn't bad, but not a major threat. They should have won by more than 2. Even Canada's 8-0 win didn't seem overwhelming, but at least it never seemed in doubt after 40 minutes.

Also, isn't snowboarding awesome. I seriously need to learn how to do that.

I am not surprised the U.S. only put up 3 goals. A) That was the first game of the schedule, and most of the NHL'ers only arrived in Vancouver on Sunday or Monday; and B) Switzerland is weak overall, but Jonas Hiller is a great goaltender, and they have a handful of decent defensemen (Streit, Sbisa, and Weber, most notably). I would have been more surprised had the U.S. put up 7 or 8 goals. They need to stay tight on D and play high-pressure hockey for 60 minutes, though. It was a good but not great performance.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

Men's hockey: You're right that neither the USA nor Canada was especially awesome. They'll have to work hard to beat... (eek)... Russia!!!
    Arrgh! The Sabres coach, Lindy Ruff, is a coach for the Canadian team. That means that I have to cheer for the goalie and against the coach??
    This is getting weirder by the second...
    Snowboarding: Oh, yeah. That is totally awesome! It was good entertainment for me now that moguls and ski jumping are finished.
    Unfortunately, I don't have the balance needed for snowboarding so I suppose I'll stick to being an audience.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Tourist View Post
    Arrgh! The Sabres coach, Lindy Ruff, is a coach for the Canadian team. That means that I have to cheer for the goalie and against the coach??
    This is getting weirder by the second...
    Ignore NHL ties.

Professional sports is often rooting for laundry.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    As is the general rule for me, the more USA, China, and Russia fail, the happier I am.
    Why is that?