User Tag List

Thread: Guitar Covers

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Default Guitar Covers

I recorded a couple of songs and I thought I'd upload them here and see what people think.

The first one I recorded a fair while ago, I'd practiced the song for a while and to be honest, I don't remember how to play it that well anymore . Anyway, it's a one off recording, someone interupted me right at the end, and there's the occasional stuff up, but nothing too serious. You get to hear my voice though Oh and it's called Thirty and Seven, by August Burns Red.

Just recently I changed styles a little, I've learned a song by Dance Gavin Dance called Alex English (They have really bizarre names for all of their songs... eg. turn out the lights I'm watching back to the future, or The robot with human Hair pt 3.) I just finished learning this song today, so some of the end bits are a little flawed. And some of the transitions in this song are a little awkward, because there are supposed to be three guitars or so, and I've just learned the guitars that fit in reasonably. (unfortunately I'll have to post this song later, internet troubles )

If I learn anything awesome, I might record it and upload it in this thread sometime
    Attached Files Attached Files
    5 3 9

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

As someone who can't play for shit, i dig it... and your "Yup".
    Looking forward to that second recording. Definitely want to hear how the lack of 3 or so guitars went :p
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Pretty cool.. never heard the original track before (but I just youtubed it). It's a lot more melodic than the hardcore I've heard before.

I suck at covers, but I might post something later.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    As someone who can't play for shit, i dig it... and your "Yup".
    Looking forward to that second recording. Definitely want to hear how the lack of 3 or so guitars went :p
    I wonder if you could detect the aussie accent just from that

I could upload it now, but I just worked something out, and it's going to take a day or twos practice. (and I'm probably about to get perfectionistic )

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Pretty cool.. never heard the original track before (but I just youtubed it). It's a lot more melodic than the hardcore I've heard before.
    It's melodic enough to balance out the harsh screams and growls, and the album is a masterpiece imo

I suck at covers, but I might post something later.
    It would be really awesome if you could, I'd definitely want to hear it
    5 3 9

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I wonder if you could detect the aussie accent just from that

I could upload it now, but I just worked something out, and it's going to take a day or twos practice. (and I'm probably about to get perfectionistic )
    Hm maybe that's why it was an attractive 'yup', but otherwise undetectable. :p
    Now there is suspense. Damn you.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sp/sx

Dance Gavin Dance - Alex English.mp3 - 4.01MB

Here we go... that took way to long to upload (it failed twice then I found a new site and spent half an hour uploading it).

Anyway, I tried my idea, and it failed, so I just worked on the song until it was pretty good. I was going to say something at the end, and thinking of it caused a snicker at the start, no big deal

Any sugestions/requests for the next song? I think I might go with a classic, like Cocaine or Sweet Child of Mine, either that or I could go with the backwards pumpkin song
    5 3 9

MBTI
    INTP

*place holder for listening to covers when I won't disturb my roommate's work concentration*

Yeah, a classic rock song would be sweet. You know what I want to learn next? Van Halen's "Finish What Ya Started."
    Something Witty

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

moi.

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

First of all I want to thank that user who repped my Sweet Child O' Mine 1986 Version Cover (2010 Year of the Tiger Version); Thank you. In answer to your question, that video stopped early because... That was like take 2 and after that take I was like... 'I got it.' and the first take I think I fucked up on the intro before the bass. - It stopped early because my camera ran out of battery and.... I got what I wanted.

This is for both shits, and giggles...

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

My latest one.