• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Guitar Covers

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I recorded a couple of songs and I thought I'd upload them here and see what people think.

The first one I recorded a fair while ago, I'd practiced the song for a while and to be honest, I don't remember how to play it that well anymore :D. Anyway, it's a one off recording, someone interupted me right at the end, and there's the occasional stuff up, but nothing too serious. You get to hear my voice though ;) Oh and it's called Thirty and Seven, by August Burns Red.

Just recently I changed styles a little, I've learned a song by Dance Gavin Dance called Alex English (They have really bizarre names for all of their songs... eg. turn out the lights I'm watching back to the future, or The robot with human Hair pt 3.) I just finished learning this song today, so some of the end bits are a little flawed. And some of the transitions in this song are a little awkward, because there are supposed to be three guitars or so, and I've just learned the guitars that fit in reasonably. (unfortunately I'll have to post this song later, internet troubles :cry:)

If I learn anything awesome, I might record it and upload it in this thread sometime :D

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
As someone who can't play for shit, i dig it... and your "Yup".
Looking forward to that second recording. Definitely want to hear how the lack of 3 or so guitars went :p

KDude

Pretty cool.. never heard the original track before (but I just youtubed it). It's a lot more melodic than the hardcore I've heard before.

I suck at covers, but I might post something later.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As someone who can't play for shit, i dig it... and your "Yup".
Looking forward to that second recording. Definitely want to hear how the lack of 3 or so guitars went :p

I wonder if you could detect the aussie accent just from that :laugh:

I could upload it now, but I just worked something out, and it's going to take a day or twos practice. (and I'm probably about to get perfectionistic :doh:)

Pretty cool.. never heard the original track before (but I just youtubed it). It's a lot more melodic than the hardcore I've heard before.

It's melodic enough to balance out the harsh screams and growls, and the album is a masterpiece imo :D

I suck at covers, but I might post something later.

It would be really awesome if you could, I'd definitely want to hear it :yes:

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I wonder if you could detect the aussie accent just from that :laugh:

I could upload it now, but I just worked something out, and it's going to take a day or twos practice. (and I'm probably about to get perfectionistic :doh:)
Hm maybe that's why it was an attractive 'yup', but otherwise undetectable. :p
Now there is suspense. Damn you.

Asterion

Ruler of the Stars
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dance Gavin Dance - Alex English.mp3 - 4.01MB

Here we go... that took way to long to upload (it failed twice then I found a new site and spent half an hour uploading it).

Anyway, I tried my idea, and it failed, so I just worked on the song until it was pretty good. I was going to say something at the end, and thinking of it caused a snicker at the start, no big deal :laugh:

Any sugestions/requests for the next song? I think I might go with a classic, like Cocaine or Sweet Child of Mine, either that or I could go with the backwards pumpkin song :D

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
*place holder for listening to covers when I won't disturb my roommate's work concentration*

Yeah, a classic rock song would be sweet. You know what I want to learn next? Van Halen's "Finish What Ya Started."

ilikeitlikethat

You're unbelievable ...
MBTI Type
xNTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
First of all I want to thank that user who repped my Sweet Child O' Mine 1986 Version Cover (2010 Year of the Tiger Version); Thank you. In answer to your question, that video stopped early because... That was like take 2 and after that take I was like... 'I got it.' and the first take I think I fucked up on the intro before the bass. - It stopped early because my camera ran out of battery and.... I got what I wanted.

This is for both shits, and giggles...