User Tag List

Default Bonnaroo Festival

Lineup announced today. Sadly, I don't have the cash to go.

What do you guys think? Anyone going?

Bonnaroo

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

i'm not that impressed with the lineup, but i still want to go just for the experience.

it's expensive though, and i'm trying to save up money to move out in august so i probably won't

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Kings Of Leon? WTF? Bonnaroo stopped being the cool jam band festival when they started inviting so much MTV crap and indie rock bands. It's not a jam show anymore.

I don't even see String Cheese Incident, or STS9, or moe., or Phish... maybe they'll be added on later. At least they have Disco Biscuits.

I would rather go to Wakarusa.

MBTI
    YaYa

I've heard good things.

There's some head scratchers on the list, but enough bands that I'd go if I were in the neighborhood. Kings of Leon, Stevie Wonder, The Dead Weather, LCD Soundsystem, The Black Keys, The Gaslight Anthem and OK Go are all bands I'd be excited about seeing.

My only question...where the hell are My Morning Jacket? Don't they always play a huge show at Bonnaroo?
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

I agree there are some head scratchers on there. Jay-Z? However, Bonnaroo is the sort of place where you are probably going to have a great time no matter who is playing. If you don't like one show, you can always just wander off to another one, or to one of the sideshows.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I worked it last year, and I may work it again this year. It's a free excuse to get away for a week, and you get paid. I could tolerate missing the bands I wanted to see, however I could not tolerate the layabouts who would play hookey and leave the responsible in the lurch.

If you don't have the cash to go and are willing to work, look into either volunteer or paid positions. There may be links on the website.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Lizbot View Post
    I worked it last year, and I may work it again this year. It's a free excuse to get away for a week, and you get paid. I could tolerate missing the bands I wanted to see, however I could not tolerate the layabouts who would play hookey and leave the responsible in the lurch.

If you don't have the cash to go and are willing to work, look into either volunteer or paid positions. There may be links on the website.
    That sounds like a pretty good idea. I enjoy working "backstage" at festivals, sporting events, shows, etc. I haven't in a long time though.

A quick look at the website indicates that they have not yet begun the volunteer application process. There's still time!
    https://www.workexchangeteam.com/bonnaroo.php

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by rhinosaur View Post
    That sounds like a pretty good idea. I enjoy working "backstage" at festivals, sporting events, shows, etc. I haven't in a long time though.

A quick look at the website indicates that they have not yet begun the volunteer application process. There's still time!
    https://www.workexchangeteam.com/bonnaroo.php
    Awesome. Thanks for posting the link, rhinosaur. If y'all have the opportunity, I really recommend it.