User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who LOVES reality TV??

Default Am I the only one who LOVES reality TV??

I wanted to post about my new guilty pleasures on TV but doubted either would get enough response from folks: Tila Tequila: A Shot at Loveand America's Psychic Challenge!

My friend told me about Shot At Love because I the HOT MESS that was Flava of Love 1 AND 2. I even watched I Love New York (only 1, not 2). I wondered how trashy and Playboy Tila's "bisexuality" (read: extreme sluttiness) would be but now I'm just awed at how all the contestants and her take the show so seriously! Everyone cries at each elimination and tell her they're in love. Day-amn, that kind of sissy behavior would have gotten you cut on Flava's show. And the guys are soooo gross. One girl who knew Tila for all of 2 weeks (if that) cried on elimination that Tila was 'my first love and my first love lost'. WTF. Where do you get these people??? And why are the lipstick lezzies so freakin' crazy?

And America's Next Psychic! I never even heard of this show before but I was flipping through the TV over Thanksgiving and I was hooked! I watched all the free episodes on and now I admit I have even paid good money to dl the episodes on iTunes. Anyone want to hide in the trunk of a car and have me find them?

Yes, I love me some low-brow entertainment and I am not ashamed to stand up to the world (that is MBTIc) and declare it! My brother asks me why I watch reality TV, but when he cracks up laughing at an aspiring America's model tripping down the runway on spike heels -- he has his answer.

You get what you take from it.

I have so-call "refined tastes" when it comes to entertainment, which just means I am miserable with most series or films.

This is annoying more often than "good".

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Am I the only one who LOVES reality TV??

I have to admit that I can get sucked into crapality TV. I start off hot and heavy for the first few episodes, then I DVR it and and fast forward to the elimination part.

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

I enjoyed some of the reality TV shows when the trend started, but Flava Flave and New York and other shows just tend to sicken me now -- I wonder why people so undeserving of the money and attention have enough following to have their own TV show and are so high on themselves, while people who are mature and decent and responsible are scraping by when it comes to making a living.

I suppose it's funny if you are in the right mood to start with, but by now most of these people on these shows deserve to be living out of dumpsters, to be honest; and if there's any fairness in the world, the world will slap them down as soon as possible. /rant
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

I loved Flava of Love! of course, if I have too much time on my hands I also watch Blind Date and other such shows they kind of make me feel better about my own life! (not to mention the joy of laughing at other people! )
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

4 so/sp

Most of the shows I can't stand, but I did unintentionally get sucked into the last 4 episodes or so of 'Rock of Love'. hehehe.

I have also been known to watch America's Next Top Model , and got sucked into watching a handful of episodes of LA Ink.

Rock of Love was more of a curiousity/fascination. Who ARE some of these women?? America's Next Top Model just makes me laugh. And LA Ink fascinates me from a personality perspective, just because I call the lead person (Von Dee? what's her name??) the anti-ME. :-) - well, ok, nearly ALL reality-show people are the anti-ME, but I digress.

Oh, but the one reality show I truly like is So You Think You Can Dance. I'm most impressed by much of the dancing. (But forget that stupid Dancing with the Stars show - no interest whatsoever in that)

Senior Member Array Digital Demi-Fiend's Avatar

I only like the tame seasons of Real World, everything else, as far as I'm concerned, is complete and utter crap.

homo-loving sonovagun Array anii's Avatar

Okay, I'm in. I am a shameless reality tv whore. Currently my drugs of choice include:

- The Amazing Race
    - Project Runway
    - America's Next Top Model
    - The Real World
    - Beauty and the Geek, and last but not least...
    - A Shoddaddluvvv (that's how *she* pronounces it I swear to god) with Tila Tequila

I've never heard of the psychic challenge and DON'T ! tell me about it because I'm trying to *break* my addiction, not add on another.

Okay, now on to the delightfully trashy and cheezy fun that is SOL (hehe... never noticed it could also be "shit out of luck") with TT.

I initially started watching because I like to challenge my biases (including heterocentrism and homophobia) when the chance presents itself. That is the official, socially acceptable, armchair sociologist reason. The other is... "Rock of Love with BM" (yet another unfortunate acronym...) was over and I needed a dating show in my collection of CHEEZE.

- So I thought she would either go for a guy or a lipstick lesbian, and was shocked to find that she likes Dani and even more shocked to find that I'm rooting for Dani too.
    - But wait! It's not in the bag yet. I'm also rooting for Bobby because he really seems to like her. Did anybody else notice that just before the blond girl came back to apologize, when T was just 'chillin' in the kitchen for breakfast, he was holding her hand literally under the table? He had this faraway smile on his face; she seemed content too. But! His mother is "not impressed" by the looks of next week's previews. Will she put the kaybosh on Bobby's romance? To be continued...
    - I couldn't believe Dominico lasted as long as he did, but it was touching to see how truly moved everyone was by his departure.
    - Aren't these shows supposed to do psycological testing before they accept contestants? OMG - how many crazy-ass psychos can you fit into one 'crib'? Evidently, three - that girly-laughing black guy from week one, Ashley the stalker, and Angry Naked Chick (she had a great accent though).

Anyhoo... so my hope for the final two is: Bobby and Dani. Who do I want to win? I'm really undecided. Dani's family definitely seems cooler... we shall see.

Senior Member Array

I'll watch an episode of one of these Springeresque celebrity reality dating clusterfraks now and then because I find stupid people fascinating in a Jane Goodall watching monkeys sort of way.

I watch American Idol

The only other reality show I watched was the first couple of seasons of Survivor. But it got pretty repetitive. The dating ones, especially the more ridiculous dating ones, kind of depress me. People are willing to debase themselves to appear on television, and no one seems to know or care about the difference between famous and infamous.