User Tag List

First 123 Last

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I only watch Ghost Hunters (now and then), I absolutely hate the rest.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

SPOILER ALERT!

So who watched "A shot at love" this week?

I'm glad the blond guy is gone. I predict the amazonian blond chick will be the next to go. Anyone else notice she appears to have a chronic "whatever" scowl plastered on her face?

I loved Tila's trip to the firehouse... I'm now firmly rooted in the Dani camp. Although I have a feeling she'll pick Bobby in the end. Meh, I'm happy with either.

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

I'll admit it. I don't watch very much TV, but for some reason even crappy reality TV fascinates me.

I watch/have watched (not all at once and not the whole series, but still):
    Amazing Race
    Project Runway
    America/Australia's Next Top Model
    American/Australian Idol
    Dancing with the Stars
    Survivor (1 through 38437)
    The Apprentice
    The Cut
    Beauty and the Geek
    Survival of the Richest
    The Next Joe Millionaire
    Playing It Straight
    (And probably one or two others I can't remember)

And other completely awful ones that I've flipped onto for an episode, been totally intrigued, and then never watched again. Actually, most of those shows above are the same - I'll catch a couple episodes, and tune in whenever they happen to be on when I'm watching TV, but that's it. About the only ones I've watched with any dedication has been Survivor and ANTM. Project Runway and The Cut also, to a lesser degree. Although Australian cable TV tends to show repeats and repeats of those shows, so I end up seeing episode 6, 2, 19, 7 and then 3 over the space of about 6 months. Or something equally absurd.
    ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by anii View Post
    SPOILER ALERT!

So who watched "A shot at love" this week?

I'm glad the blond guy is gone. I predict the amazonian blond chick will be the next to go. Anyone else notice she appears to have a chronic "whatever" scowl plastered on her face?

I loved Tila's trip to the firehouse... I'm now firmly rooted in the Dani camp. Although I have a feeling she'll pick Bobby in the end. Meh, I'm happy with either.
    Will I get flamed if I say that Tila is the kind of celebrity, as sweet and genuine as she seems to be (for a reality TV star) gives bisexuality a bad name? Bisexual women are so often cast as slutty lipstick femmes who are so slutty they enjoy openly sleeping with other lipstick femmes but of course, prefer hyper masculine aggressive muscular greasy dudes. Yuck.

I actually think Dani is too good for her. I'd prefer Dani to remain single.

I also love watching Gay, Straight, or Taken! Man, I wish I could get on that show. I can't believe how dense some of the het high maintenance girls are!!!

There was one episode this too good looking boy next door A&F gay boy with a labrador named DAISY was the OBVIOUS gay choice. His boyfriend even looked EXACTLY like him.

That show purposely stacks the odds against the women though (there are too many high-femme fag hags who would pwn that show) by not telling them they are on that show UNTIL she meets the men.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Will I get flamed if I say that Tila is the kind of celebrity, as sweet and genuine as she seems to be (for a reality TV star) gives bisexuality a bad name? Bisexual women are so often cast as slutty lipstick femmes who are so slutty they enjoy openly sleeping with other lipstick femmes but of course, prefer hyper masculine aggressive muscular greasy dudes. Yuck.
    Hmmm... well I'm no expert on the subject. But at least she's not one of those straight chicks who kisses girls in bars because that's what the guys like. It does seem to trivialize the fight for human rights that many BLTs have suffered and died for.

I actually think Dani is too good for her. I'd prefer Dani to remain single.
    So do her comrades at the firehouse. But did you notice that one young guy... did you see the look on his face when Tila did the pole dance? Looked like it made his week.

Yeah, I think Dani's got everything going for her - great family, very supportive workplace. She's very stable. Which is why I think Tila's not going to choose her in the end. I have a feeling it'll come down to logistics. Bobby isn't tied down so he can go anywhere, anytime. Dani's got commitments. And being that it appears she keeps them, she just can't pick up and jetset whenever the whim strikes. And I don't get the impression Tila's ready to put down roots anywhere, even in beautiful Florida.

My personal opinion is: why should she have to choose? Maybe she's one of those people who is just naturally poly.

I also love watching Gay, Straight, or Taken!
    What channel is that show on? I've never heard of it. Is it on a premium channel?

Man, I wish I could get on that show. I can't believe how dense some of the het high maintenance girls are!!!
    Are you saying they don't have good gaydar? My gaydar sucks... I think they forgot to install it at the factory.

MBTI
    GONE

My personal opinion is: why should she have to choose? Maybe she's one of those people who is just naturally poly.
    Well if that's the case they should have called it 'Shots at Love'

Then again, I think the contestants are all fanboys and fangirls so it promiscuity should NOT come as a surprise to them. I think some of them would be just fine with that (especially the guys at the prospect of watching her make out with another girl HA)

Hmm.. 'naturally poly' is an interesting idea. But, to me naturally poly goes beyond the physical act of being attracted/in love with more than 1 person at once and beyond being slutty/promiscuous and beyond acting on physical urges. To me it implies you frame your emotional/physical responses within a critical, responsible, intellectually and/or emotionally rigorous lense. Basically being an 'ethical slut'.

But, I take it back, Tila and this show are DEFINITELY what hetero male pop culture stamps as 'bi'. I think in one of the scenes one the contestants said that Tila came on the show because she "can't decide if she wants to be with a man or a woman" To me this screams of someone who hasn't figured themselves out yet which is understandable if you just came out OR means someone just has a really simplistic prism through which they view (their own) sexuality. And I definitely think it's possible to be extremely sexually active and have a wide range of experiences without really thinking about why you do things or what makes you tick. I think one dead give away for is if the 'bi' person in question doesn't even realize they are being manipulated to serve some hetero fantasy agenda or thrill show.

/rant

What channel is that show on? I've never heard of it. Is it on a premium channel?
    Lifetime! It's one of the few 'young hip' shows Lifetime rolled out. You can also watch it for free (full episodes) on Lifetime.com

Are you saying they don't have good gaydar? My gaydar sucks... I think they forgot to install it at the factory.
    Um, yes. Kekeke. They have NO gaydar. Actually, the gay man is usually the most attractive to them so they just get all delusional and don't pick him as the gay one and pick him as the date instead. It's pretty funny!

You should take the gaydar test at OkCupid! Hone your skills.

MBTI
    lego

I agree with the basic direction of Jennifer's rant.

I'll sometimes watch reality shows like American Idol, ones that focus on rewarding talents/skills, but otherwise most examples of the genre disgust me--

particularly any that glamorize debasement and immorality (although amorality is often okay).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

gah im almost embarrassed to admit this but i love America's Psychic Challenge, Beauty and the Geek, The Biggest Loser, America's Most Smartest Model and Project Runway.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    fuck

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    You should take the gaydar test at OkCupid! Hone your skills.
    You scored: 55%

You personally got 11 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing girls than guys. Overall, you guessed better than 17% of all test takers.

MBTI
    GONE

You scored: 55%

You personally got 11 of the 20 people correct and were better at recognizing girls than guys. Overall, you guessed better than 17% of all test takers.
    Hee hee, I got 17 out of 20 or 87% correct last time. It said I guessed better on the women then men (well duh).

I totally bomb the virgin test though.

I don't think it's a bad thing your gaydar is out of whack. You can just say you don't buy into stereotypes