User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: PostSecret

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Default PostSecret

PostSecret is "an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard." (I couldn't think of an original way to describe it in my own words.) The guy who runs the website posts a new batch of secrets each Sunday. I have been checking it faithfully for a couple of years now.

Many of the secrets are funny, silly, or just venting about everyday frustrations. Some of them stab you in the guts. This week, I'm haunted by this one.

MBTI
    INFP

sweet.

i love postsecret too. i've never even been to the website. just found the book somewhere.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I read PostSecret every week when it comes out with a new batch, and I have the first two published books as well.

Just some pretty intense stuff there, that cuts straight to the heart. What I appreciate about the site creator is that he just doesn't stop with the secrets, but that he encourages people to move past them and share with others in RL, rather than just sending in a postcard. The postcard is often just a useful first step to get people to open up and stop hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by ivy
    Many of the secrets are funny, silly, or just venting about everyday frustrations. Some of them stab you in the guts. This week, I'm haunted by this one.
    Is that in this week's batch? I don't even know how to respond to it. My mind went completely blank.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    PostSecret is "an ongoing community art project where people mail in their secrets anonymously on one side of a homemade postcard." (I couldn't think of an original way to describe it in my own words.) The guy who runs the website posts a new batch of secrets each Sunday. I have been checking it faithfully for a couple of years now.

Thanks for the link. Very interesting.
    INTP 5W6

MBTI
    ENFJ

My cousin turned me on to Post Secrets a year or so ago...some of them are just.....

I saw that one Ivy about the person being molested....I can't even begin to tell you how I felt after reading that one. I don't think I'll stop feeling about it.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Been a PostSecret fan for a long time. The creator lives in the area, I remember they did an interview with him on the news about a year or two ago.

Reigning Bologna Princess Rajah's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I read PostSecret every week when it comes out with a new batch, and I have the first two published books as well.
    You should pick up the latest book. It's on par with the first - much improved over the second.

This week's secret... I don't know how to respond to it. Sigh.

I... suppose. Yeah!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I just saw this thread.

My response is "Good for you. I hope you don't get caught."
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

It doesn't seem to be a particularly encouraging site to me, but it does let people tell their dirty secrets, reveal their suppressed desires, and more importantly, forgive and heal their past that hurt them so much.

Ours is essentially a tragic age, so we refuse to take it tragically. - D. H. Lawrence

Good site.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

This week there were two secrets that stood out to me: this one, and this one. For very different reasons obviously.