• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Last season of LOST (CAUTION: SPOILERS WITHIN!)

Ally9224

The last season of LOST starts tomorrow.

Will you be watching? What answers are you looking forward to finding out?

Share your thoughts and your expectations for this last season

Cant wait!!! :happy:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm waiting until Saturday to watch it - I have a class from 6 to 9 on Tuesdays, and a friend of mine and I have a (brand-new) tradition of watching Lost together every Saturday night. Hopefully I won't encounter any spoilers before then...

I figure that this season, absolutely everything will be different, so I guess that I'm just going along for the ride. But I still have some questions:

What DIDN'T change?
Once they find themselves back on the island again (which I'm sure will happen), will they remember each other, still?
Will Locke be Locke again?
Will Jin Kwon be a d-bag like he was at the beginning of the series (as opposed to being a nice, reformed guy like he was last season)?
WTF are they going to do with Walt, i.e. the kid who played him? He's too old to play himself on the show anymore - will he and Michael even be IN this season?
Since everything will start over, that presumably means that Nadia isn't dead... so, can she and Sayid finally live happily ever after?

etc. etc. etc.

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
I read on a Lost forum that people are having parties for the season premiere and some are even wearing Dharma Initiative jumpsuits.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I will be watching Friday night. It is getting a little tired but I'm sure I'll watch it anyway.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
Here just began the 5th season of Lost in free TV, so not yet :). As I didn't see all the episodes especially at beginning / some of the middle, I have some problems to understand actually what is going on (or maybe it just wasn't told completely).

Ally9224

I read on a Lost forum that people are having parties for the season premiere and some are even wearing Dharma Initiative jumpsuits.

Haha, wow. Im not that crazy about LOST. I think that would be amusing to see though.

Here just began the 5th season of Lost in free TV, so not yet :). As I didn't see all the episodes especially at beginning / some of the middle, I have some problems to understand actually what is going on (or maybe it just wasn't told completely).

Where are you at?

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
The season opener was pretty great, but there is another time "anomaly" that must be explained. Either they'll do a good job or they won't, which unfortunately we can't know at this time (without travelling through time :D ) but hopefully they can pull it off.

Other than that, the series now looks and feels very different than previous seasons. It seems to be going in a new direction, which could either be good or bad. It remains to be seen how many of the characters from previous seasons, if any, will return outside of the main group.

Also, by the end of the first episode, you can kind of guess what the season will be about, and what the purpose of the characters will be throughout this season (for the most part). It will be interesting to see if they ever do reveal the true "purpose" of the island, though. I suppose they could simply reveal its origin or some similarly limited piece of information and call it a day.

At this point, because of Lost's epic nature, I think it needs to be compared to something more epic like Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time or Stephen King's The Dark Tower, where certain inconsistencies and incongruities can be forgiven simply because of the scope of the project...

p.s. - when the president adjusts his state of the union schedule around a TV show, you know it's "serious business." :D

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Added a spoiler alert to the title so we can discuss it without ruining it for folks who haven't caught up or are DVRing it or whatever.

I am so confused. Are there now two timelines? Because it looked like the whole island was underwater at the time of the original crash in the episode opener, but what's happening on the island is supposed to be a few months ahead of that, right? And wasn't the temple in ruins before? And are those other others? So many questions. I probably should have tried to rewatch the old episodes first or at least read a recap of some kind. I'm sure I've forgotten stuff.

R

Riva

The ending better be good. I am a major LOST fan, have been watching since season 1. The last thing I want to see is a 'what the fuck?' sort of ending.

I am sure a lot of LOST (and there are quite a lot) fans must be thinking the same.

R

Riva

Ps - It came as a surprised good news to see John Locke get killed in the 5th season.

Yes I meant it. That guys such a loser. He wants to know and know and know and at the end of the day he doesn't know anything. Poor sucker. And the way he gets played by Benjamin... lolz

But then again you can't blame him for being such a sucker for Ben. Afterall Ben is definitely one of the smartest villains (or anti heroes) TV has ever seen.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I've never been a big Locke fan either. Not because he's dumb but because he's self-righteous IMO.

R

Riva

I've never been a big Locke fan either. Not because he's dumb but because he's self-righteous IMO.

+1

But it should be noted that I don't quite believe he is self righteous.

(1) You must be saying this because he didn't care at all for Boone's death. Yes, he acted as if it was nothing which was sick.

(2) He also made Sawyer kill his father (who deserved to die). That was sick, he made someone else kill a man he (LOCKE) wanted to kill because he had to do it but couldn't do it.

(3) And destroying the signal receiver Shaheid was using to locate the source and suggesting that Sawyer must have done it.

(4) Etc etc

But don't you think he did all those as a selfish act to solve the mystery of the Island, Yes he justified them (to himself) but didn't preach and rub his belief codes on others.

He did those to solve the mysteries....

Which he failed time and time and time again which makes him bloody annoying.

Ally9224

There were a lot of mysteries solved in the season premiere episode:
I got some of these off the ABC website.

Alternative timelines do exist. The 1977 and 2007 timelines on the island are now on the same timeline. now there are two timelines instead of three: the 2007 on the island and the 2007 timeline off the island. Juliet also said “It worked.” She knows that it worked because although she died in one timeline she is alive in the other.

We found out what the guitar case was for.

Mystery of the ashes: They form a circle that keeps the smoke monster out/

Mystery of how young ben was healed: He was probably dunk in the spring like Sayid

Mystery of the fake Locke: He is the smoke monster. I’m also wondering if Jacob’s nemesis is the smoke monster.

Llana is one of jacob’s bodyguards

They also brought up new questions:

What made the spring water dark?

I think that it has to do with Jacob’s death.

How did the island end up underwater?

I think that the electromagnetic force was keeping the island above water and after the bomb went off it released that energy and thus the island sank. did you guys notice that the buildings from the DHARMA initiative underwater? This makes me think that it sank in 1977.

Who is inhabiting Sayid’s body?

I have a feeling that it might be Jacob. I think that this is the reason why he was so keen on the Losties and the Others putting him in the spring. Also, Jacob knew that he was going to die. That’s why he came to hurley in the taxi. So that he could give him the guitar with the letter and because Hurley can see dead people.

Also, when Jack is in the plane he looks in the mirror and seems confused. Could jacob be inhabiting jacks body?

Or could it be that on the plane they experience a time shift? If so could this explain the differences in the plane? (such as the missing coffin and Desmond)

Richard in chains?

Does this have something to do with the ship Black rock that wrecked in the island? Also, wasn’t that the ship that Jacob and his nemesis were talking about in season 5 finale?

What’s up with the differences on the plane?

Desmond wasn’t in the original flight. Missing coffin

I have much more I want to bring up but don’t have time at the moment. Please excuse any grammar errors =]

Ally9224

Added a spoiler alert to the title so we can discuss it without ruining it for folks who haven't caught up or are DVRing it or whatever.

I am so confused. Are there now two timelines? Because it looked like the whole island was underwater at the time of the original crash in the episode opener, but what's happening on the island is supposed to be a few months ahead of that, right? And wasn't the temple in ruins before? And are those other others? So many questions. I probably should have tried to rewatch the old episodes first or at least read a recap of some kind. I'm sure I've forgotten stuff.

If you wanna review the episodes without spending hours re-watching you could go to Lostpedia and read about them.

Lateralus

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
3w4
Ps - It came as a surprised good news to see John Locke get killed in the 5th season.

Yes I meant it. That guys such a loser. He wants to know and know and know and at the end of the day he doesn't know anything. Poor sucker. And the way he gets played by Benjamin... lolz

But then again you can't blame him for being such a sucker for Ben. Afterall Ben is definitely one of the smartest villains (or anti heroes) TV has ever seen.
I used to like Ben more than I do now. He was manipulated into killing Jacob. He totally screwed up the situation with his daughter. I assume Jacob's nemesis manipulated him into killing Locke. I have the feeling he's been manipulated all along, just like Locke.

Shaunward

I used to like Ben more than I do now. He was manipulated into killing Jacob. He totally screwed up the situation with his daughter. I assume Jacob's nemesis manipulated him into killing Locke. I have the feeling he's been manipulated all along, just like Locke.

Ben used to be my favorite character. Now he's just a bitch.

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Ben used to be my favorite character. Now he's just a bitch.

Way to save it is to make him sympathetic (which he is now) and then turn him all manipulativey again, but this time for a good cause...

evilrobot

MBTI Type
nite
Enneagram
5w4
At this point, because of Lost's epic nature, I think it needs to be compared to something more epic like Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time or Stephen King's The Dark Tower, where certain inconsistencies and incongruities can be forgiven simply because of the scope of the project...

p.s. - when the president adjusts his state of the union schedule around a TV show, you know it's "serious business." :D

King's Dark Tower epic is definitely an influence.

I am so confused. Are there now two timelines? Because it looked like the whole island was underwater at the time of the original crash in the episode opener, but what's happening on the island is supposed to be a few months ahead of that, right? And wasn't the temple in ruins before?

My main concern was that they’d just try to wrap things up this season instead of making it more interesting, but so far it doesn’t appear that way. They did what I hoped, creating an alternate universe after Juliet detonated the bomb (Hugh Everett’s original 1957 parallel universe theory of the quantum measurement act is exactly the kind of weird science JJ Abrams likes to draw from).

I’ve always had mixed feelings about Locke. He’s one of the most fascinating characters, sympathetic in his flashbacks, who recognizes the Island’s special properties quicker than the others (of course, he was given an early demonstration to drive it home by getting the use of his legs back). On the downside, I never cared for his unquestioning obedience to what he see’s as the Island’s will, to the point where he wants to force everyone else to follow it as well, or his streak of authoritarianism. In season 1 he called Boone’s death a necessary sacrifice to the island; if that's not a red flag I don't what is. I never cared for Mr. Ecko for pretty much the same reasons. I always trusted Jack more than Locke because Jack never had a secret agenda, though of course Jack ended up finishing what Locke started, bringing the others back to the Island.

Ben was never intended to be a likeable character, but a controversial one. You can argue that some of the worst things he did involved following Jacob’s oders, yet Jacob snubbed him. That struck a chord with me, though I’ve never had a naïve view of Ben as a “good guy"--not totally evil maybe, but far from good. I do, however, have a feeling he’s going to redeem himself in the end.