User Tag List

123 Last

Default Last season of LOST (CAUTION: SPOILERS WITHIN!)

The last season of LOST starts tomorrow.

Will you be watching? What answers are you looking forward to finding out?

Share your thoughts and your expectations for this last season

Cant wait!!!

I'll be watching it. Been following it since the second season.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I'm waiting until Saturday to watch it - I have a class from 6 to 9 on Tuesdays, and a friend of mine and I have a (brand-new) tradition of watching Lost together every Saturday night. Hopefully I won't encounter any spoilers before then...

I figure that this season, absolutely everything will be different, so I guess that I'm just going along for the ride. But I still have some questions:

What DIDN'T change?
    Once they find themselves back on the island again (which I'm sure will happen), will they remember each other, still?
    Will Locke be Locke again?
    Will Jin Kwon be a d-bag like he was at the beginning of the series (as opposed to being a nice, reformed guy like he was last season)?
    WTF are they going to do with Walt, i.e. the kid who played him? He's too old to play himself on the show anymore - will he and Michael even be IN this season?
    Since everything will start over, that presumably means that Nadia isn't dead... so, can she and Sayid finally live happily ever after?

etc. etc. etc.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    nite
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

I read on a Lost forum that people are having parties for the season premiere and some are even wearing Dharma Initiative jumpsuits.
    X___________________________________

If things are not what they seem, and we are forever reminded that this is the case—then it must also be observed that enough of us ignore this truth to keep the world from collapsing. –Thomas Ligotti, The Mystics of Muelenberg

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I will be watching Friday night. It is getting a little tired but I'm sure I'll watch it anyway.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Here just began the 5th season of Lost in free TV, so not yet . As I didn't see all the episodes especially at beginning / some of the middle, I have some problems to understand actually what is going on (or maybe it just wasn't told completely).

Quote Originally Posted by evilrobot View Post
    I read on a Lost forum that people are having parties for the season premiere and some are even wearing Dharma Initiative jumpsuits.
    Haha, wow. Im not that crazy about LOST. I think that would be amusing to see though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    Here just began the 5th season of Lost in free TV, so not yet . As I didn't see all the episodes especially at beginning / some of the middle, I have some problems to understand actually what is going on (or maybe it just wasn't told completely).
    Where are you at?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Next episode is 90 I think.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

The season opener was pretty great, but there is another time "anomaly" that must be explained. Either they'll do a good job or they won't, which unfortunately we can't know at this time (without travelling through time ) but hopefully they can pull it off.

Other than that, the series now looks and feels very different than previous seasons. It seems to be going in a new direction, which could either be good or bad. It remains to be seen how many of the characters from previous seasons, if any, will return outside of the main group.

Also, by the end of the first episode, you can kind of guess what the season will be about, and what the purpose of the characters will be throughout this season (for the most part). It will be interesting to see if they ever do reveal the true "purpose" of the island, though. I suppose they could simply reveal its origin or some similarly limited piece of information and call it a day.

At this point, because of Lost's epic nature, I think it needs to be compared to something more epic like Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time or Stephen King's The Dark Tower, where certain inconsistencies and incongruities can be forgiven simply because of the scope of the project...

p.s. - when the president adjusts his state of the union schedule around a TV show, you know it's "serious business."
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Added a spoiler alert to the title so we can discuss it without ruining it for folks who haven't caught up or are DVRing it or whatever.

I am so confused. Are there now two timelines? Because it looked like the whole island was underwater at the time of the original crash in the episode opener, but what's happening on the island is supposed to be a few months ahead of that, right? And wasn't the temple in ruins before? And are those other others? So many questions. I probably should have tried to rewatch the old episodes first or at least read a recap of some kind. I'm sure I've forgotten stuff.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii