User Tag List

First 123 Last

Riva

The ending better be good. I am a major LOST fan, have been watching since season 1. The last thing I want to see is a 'what the fuck?' sort of ending.

I am sure a lot of LOST (and there are quite a lot) fans must be thinking the same.

Riva

Ps - It came as a surprised good news to see John Locke get killed in the 5th season.

Yes I meant it. That guys such a loser. He wants to know and know and know and at the end of the day he doesn't know anything. Poor sucker. And the way he gets played by Benjamin... lolz

But then again you can't blame him for being such a sucker for Ben. Afterall Ben is definitely one of the smartest villains (or anti heroes) TV has ever seen.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I've never been a big Locke fan either. Not because he's dumb but because he's self-righteous IMO.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I've never been a big Locke fan either. Not because he's dumb but because he's self-righteous IMO.
    +1

But it should be noted that I don't quite believe he is self righteous.

(1) You must be saying this because he didn't care at all for Boone's death. Yes, he acted as if it was nothing which was sick.

(2) He also made Sawyer kill his father (who deserved to die). That was sick, he made someone else kill a man he (LOCKE) wanted to kill because he had to do it but couldn't do it.

(3) And destroying the signal receiver Shaheid was using to locate the source and suggesting that Sawyer must have done it.

(4) Etc etc

But don't you think he did all those as a selfish act to solve the mystery of the Island, Yes he justified them (to himself) but didn't preach and rub his belief codes on others.

He did those to solve the mysteries....

Which he failed time and time and time again which makes him bloody annoying.

There were a lot of mysteries solved in the season premiere episode:
    I got some of these off the ABC website.

Alternative timelines do exist. The 1977 and 2007 timelines on the island are now on the same timeline. now there are two timelines instead of three: the 2007 on the island and the 2007 timeline off the island. Juliet also said “It worked.” She knows that it worked because although she died in one timeline she is alive in the other.

We found out what the guitar case was for.

Mystery of the ashes: They form a circle that keeps the smoke monster out/

Mystery of how young ben was healed: He was probably dunk in the spring like Sayid

Mystery of the fake Locke: He is the smoke monster. I’m also wondering if Jacob’s nemesis is the smoke monster.

Llana is one of jacob’s bodyguards

They also brought up new questions:

What made the spring water dark?

I think that it has to do with Jacob’s death.

How did the island end up underwater?

I think that the electromagnetic force was keeping the island above water and after the bomb went off it released that energy and thus the island sank. did you guys notice that the buildings from the DHARMA initiative underwater? This makes me think that it sank in 1977.

Who is inhabiting Sayid’s body?

I have a feeling that it might be Jacob. I think that this is the reason why he was so keen on the Losties and the Others putting him in the spring. Also, Jacob knew that he was going to die. That’s why he came to hurley in the taxi. So that he could give him the guitar with the letter and because Hurley can see dead people.

Also, when Jack is in the plane he looks in the mirror and seems confused. Could jacob be inhabiting jacks body?

Or could it be that on the plane they experience a time shift? If so could this explain the differences in the plane? (such as the missing coffin and Desmond)

Richard in chains?

Does this have something to do with the ship Black rock that wrecked in the island? Also, wasn’t that the ship that Jacob and his nemesis were talking about in season 5 finale?

What’s up with the differences on the plane?

Desmond wasn’t in the original flight. Missing coffin

I have much more I want to bring up but don’t have time at the moment. Please excuse any grammar errors =]

Added a spoiler alert to the title so we can discuss it without ruining it for folks who haven't caught up or are DVRing it or whatever.

I am so confused. Are there now two timelines? Because it looked like the whole island was underwater at the time of the original crash in the episode opener, but what's happening on the island is supposed to be a few months ahead of that, right? And wasn't the temple in ruins before? And are those other others? So many questions. I probably should have tried to rewatch the old episodes first or at least read a recap of some kind. I'm sure I've forgotten stuff.
    If you wanna review the episodes without spending hours re-watching you could go to Lostpedia and read about them.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Ps - It came as a surprised good news to see John Locke get killed in the 5th season.

Yes I meant it. That guys such a loser. He wants to know and know and know and at the end of the day he doesn't know anything. Poor sucker. And the way he gets played by Benjamin... lolz

But then again you can't blame him for being such a sucker for Ben. Afterall Ben is definitely one of the smartest villains (or anti heroes) TV has ever seen.
    I used to like Ben more than I do now. He was manipulated into killing Jacob. He totally screwed up the situation with his daughter. I assume Jacob's nemesis manipulated him into killing Locke. I have the feeling he's been manipulated all along, just like Locke.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I used to like Ben more than I do now. He was manipulated into killing Jacob. He totally screwed up the situation with his daughter. I assume Jacob's nemesis manipulated him into killing Locke. I have the feeling he's been manipulated all along, just like Locke.
    Ben used to be my favorite character. Now he's just a bitch.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunward View Post
    Ben used to be my favorite character. Now he's just a bitch.
    Way to save it is to make him sympathetic (which he is now) and then turn him all manipulativey again, but this time for a good cause...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    nite
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    At this point, because of Lost's epic nature, I think it needs to be compared to something more epic like Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time or Stephen King's The Dark Tower, where certain inconsistencies and incongruities can be forgiven simply because of the scope of the project...

p.s. - when the president adjusts his state of the union schedule around a TV show, you know it's "serious business."
    King's Dark Tower epic is definitely an influence.

I am so confused. Are there now two timelines? Because it looked like the whole island was underwater at the time of the original crash in the episode opener, but what's happening on the island is supposed to be a few months ahead of that, right? And wasn't the temple in ruins before?
    My main concern was that they’d just try to wrap things up this season instead of making it more interesting, but so far it doesn’t appear that way. They did what I hoped, creating an alternate universe after Juliet detonated the bomb (Hugh Everett’s original 1957 parallel universe theory of the quantum measurement act is exactly the kind of weird science JJ Abrams likes to draw from).

I’ve always had mixed feelings about Locke. He’s one of the most fascinating characters, sympathetic in his flashbacks, who recognizes the Island’s special properties quicker than the others (of course, he was given an early demonstration to drive it home by getting the use of his legs back). On the downside, I never cared for his unquestioning obedience to what he see’s as the Island’s will, to the point where he wants to force everyone else to follow it as well, or his streak of authoritarianism. In season 1 he called Boone’s death a necessary sacrifice to the island; if that's not a red flag I don't what is. I never cared for Mr. Ecko for pretty much the same reasons. I always trusted Jack more than Locke because Jack never had a secret agenda, though of course Jack ended up finishing what Locke started, bringing the others back to the Island.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Ben was never intended to be a likeable character, but a controversial one. You can argue that some of the worst things he did involved following Jacob’s oders, yet Jacob snubbed him. That struck a chord with me, though I’ve never had a naïve view of Ben as a “good guy"--not totally evil maybe, but far from good. I do, however, have a feeling he’s going to redeem himself in the end.
    X___________________________________

If things are not what they seem, and we are forever reminded that this is the case—then it must also be observed that enough of us ignore this truth to keep the world from collapsing. –Thomas Ligotti, The Mystics of Muelenberg