User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Munchies View Post
    that sounds really homosexual. i like to play poker and figure people out, then play mindgames. this makes that impossible.
    I like figuring people out when I'm playing in person, love it actually. Online, I don't. I just seems tedious.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Regarding the bot thing -- a good player with access to the same statistics and guidelines will still have an advantage, as they can use the exact same strategy as the bot at worst and at best could make a read the bot couldn't.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    Regarding the bot thing -- a good player with access to the same statistics and guidelines will still have an advantage, as they can use the exact same strategy as the bot at worst and at best could make a read the bot couldn't.
    There is no reading in rush poker, so the only variables to consider are the bets themselves. As linear values it wouldn't be hard to factor them into an algorithm.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    uh... a human couldn't calculate the statistics quickly enough.
    and the entire point of the bot is to use +EV and countless trials in lieu of skill.
    that is, it's a completely different way to play poker.

so no, a player using the statistic doesn't really get the advantage. or rather, the human player might have a higher average win per hand [not because of the calculations that he can't make in time], but the bot will invariably have more endurance.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

It is very Ne but, the Rush Poker tables are sooooooooooo tight. You almost have to flop the nuts. If you bet after the flop and get called (or raised), you might very well be beat.

I've never seen so many hands get folded all the way around to the big blind. This game has really changed in the last 10 years.
    NTJ's are the only types that have ever made me feel emo.
    ENP's are the only types that have ever made me feel like a sensor.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why. --William Barclay

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I like figuring people out when I'm playing in person, love it actually. Online, I don't. I just seems tedious.
    yeah, i agree, the social part of the game is huge for me. the way it unfolds over the night, and then there are all those incidental things happening alongside the game.
    you can't talk shit or drink in online games.

i am a tight player, but rush poker seems so lifeless to me.