User Tag List

Thread: The Amazing Race: Any ideas?

No me digas, che! Array Recoleta's Avatar

Default The Amazing Race: Any ideas?

Ok, so I love the show "The Amazing Race." I have faithfully followed the series since its creation, and every time I watch it I get all passionate/angry/thrilled while watching the other teams go through all the challenges. Most of the time I sit there saying to myself, "I can totally beat those guys!" or "That was so stupid!"

So, I have finally decided to do something about it. I am applying to be on the show...which is ironic, because I don't really like to be in front of a camera all that much, but the thought of a free trip around the world and the shot at $1,000,000 is pretty appealing. Anyway, I'm applying with my best friend and roommate who is also a female ISTJ.

We need to submit a 3 minute video with the application telling why we would be the perfect candidates and about our lives etc. I plan on being myself for the video, like I will dress how I normally dress, talk like I normally talk, and try to represent myself as I really am in everyday life.

However, I'm certainly not just gonna sit in the living room with my teammate and talk about ourselves. So does anyone have a good idea for what to do in the video? Or does anyone have reality tv experience, or know what show producers might look for? I have a few creative ideas already (which I will not yet reveal), but I was just wondering if any of you could volunteer some creativeness that might give a new perspective or something.

827 sp/so
    SLE Ti

I'm sorry- I'm dreadfully uncreative, but congradulations! I hope you get on the show!
    Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to invent boredom? -Terry Pratchett

homo-loving sonovagun Array anii's Avatar

Film clips from a typical "day in the life."

What do you enjoy doing? What are you good at? Do you and your roommate share a hobby? Play on the same sports team?

Some random ideas, and I'm totally guessing what it is you might find interesting:

- trivia night at the local pub
    - karaoke
    - fencing
    - roller blading
    - speaking a foreign language?
    - ask your parents, sig others to put in a good word?
    - juggling
    - geocaching