• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Boss Boss the Olympics, the olympics....

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
Pure madness I tell you!!!!

Yes the great city of Vancouver is preparing to greet the world, to put on an event of epicness.... *cough sputters......* The Olympics of 2010..... and guess who gets to be a part of it? MOI..... now as you read I would love for you to feel the sarcasm that drips from every word. The utter distaste I have for it is unexplainable. The lies, the deception, all for what?

Yes in just 22 days Vancouver shall host the world. It will be a time in history that is remembered, and probably celebrated by many. A time when the world gets together for one common goal, to celebrate athletes, and reward them for their hard work and determination. For those reasons I think the Olympics are wonderful... BUT

yes yes always a but.... But really at what cost? I will be in the Canada Hockey venue, it shall host all mens hockey, and a good portion of the female hockey, what an exciting experience, or so I am told. YET I do not get to see the games, I do not get to bring food from home, I do not get to talk to athletes, I do not get to talk to the press, I do not get to ask for autographs, nor do I get to take pictures.

So really it's just a job.... tell me what is so great about it? Now I have to wonder who else has experienced the Olympics at this level????

And really since I am not able to talk to the press about my feelings of how the Olympics are and how I feel about helping to host an event, I wonder if I can Blog about it?

K...... so tell me your thoughts on the Olympics!!!!!

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'll be there for the Olympics (even if I only have tickets for one medal ceremony.) It's my favorite city in the world and I've always wanted to at least experience the Olympic feeling on the ground in the city where it's held. I'm sorry your experience so far isn't great, but I actually find those restrictions reasonable (except for the food one.) I'd do it in a second.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
that's really cool that you get to see some of the award ceremonies.... I was in a bad mood last night and am slightly bitter b/c anyone who lives here and are of the 'working' class cannot afford sweet F A to see the Olympics... seems rather unfair that it's geared for dignitaries and families of the athletes, geared more for ppl with money, than the average middle class... *sigh*

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There should be ways to game the system so you can see something.

Feops

MBTI Type
INTx
K...... so tell me your thoughts on the Olympics!!!!!

It's nice to see them in Canada. Otherwise I'm mostly indifferent. I'd rather go skiing myself than to watch other people do it, even if they're really really good at it.

I guess it would be neat to soak up some of the energy of a Big Thing going on.