• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Conan O'Brien/NBC

iamathousandapples

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
5w6
Without Conan NBC has no (good) late night. He was the best thing they have had in a long while as far as late night goes and kicking him off loses any reason to watch. Fallon's nothing special and well, Leno...

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
conan has a type of humor that doesn't appeal to the majority of the population. think everybody loves raymond and you've got jay leno. ;P

out of all the late night dudes, i prefer conan and craig ferguson. letterman is fine but i can't stand paul shaffer so i tune out.

Me too....I like Conan best, but he's not quite as funny as he used to be. Maybe he's trying to have larger appeal and that is why. NBC is making a bad move....I partly wonder if it's all a publicity stunt and it will die down...? Or maybe I just hope that, because it seems like such an idiotic move.

I think Conan's an NF, but I'm not sure which...Heart suggested INFP, and I could see that. He's very sensitive.

I personally have never found Letterman funny at all.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, I think the only one Fecal got right on the types is Leno, though I'm not sure he's an E, but I agree with the SFJ part at least. Conan definitely seems like a utilitarian type (SP or NT) to me, and Letterman and Carson both SPs. Keirsey typed Carson as an ISFP which seems right to me, and I think Letterman is ISTP.

But anyway, this thread isn't about typing Conan anyway, I just felt like responding to that part. I hadn't heard about the Conan mess until just a few days ago as I haven't kept up with the recent late night happenings (I didn't even know Carson Daly still had a show, for instance.) I should check out Fallon's show sometime actually, I liked him on SNL usually.

Hopefully NBC offers Leno some sort of weekend show or some other deal and leaves Conan in place, as putting Leno back in the slot would be the ultimate in shady moves in my opinion.

Fecal McAngry

Me too....I like Conan best, but he's not quite as funny as he used to be. Maybe he's trying to have larger appeal and that is why. NBC is making a bad move....I partly wonder if it's all a publicity stunt and it will die down...? Or maybe I just hope that, because it seems like such an idiotic move.

I think Conan's an NF, but I'm not sure which...Heart suggested INFP, and I could see that. He's very sensitive.
He extroverts feeling.

Fecal McAngry

Yeah, I think the only one Fecal got right on the types is Leno, though I'm not sure he's an E, but I agree with the SFJ part at least. Conan definitely seems like a utilitarian type (SP or NT) to me, and Letterman and Carson both SPs. Keirsey typed Carson as an ISFP which seems right to me, and I think Letterman is ISTP.

Your mistypings are so removed from reality I would not know where to begin. I'm reminded of the Monty Python sketch about the English phrase book...

In the real world, it looks like the INJs are sticking together:

INTJ Letterman: YouTube - Late Show - 01/12/10 - Letterman Backing Conan

YouTube - Dave Letterman Takes Shots At Conan O'Brien & Jay Leno - HIPHOPNEWS24-7.COM

And now this:

"In what could be the most brutal Jay Leno bashing session of all time, Conan O'Brien got himself an invite to appear on David Letterman's "The Late Show." Dave is looking not just to capitalize on the NBC drama, but also to knock his nemesis Leno down any way he can. Oh, Dave! How naughty (and brilliant)!

After the ugly way "The Tonight Show" has treated O'Brien, an unlikely person is jumping in to defend him -- Letterman. "Dave would love to get Conan on his show," an insider reports. "Not to rub NBC's noses into their huge mistake, but to welcome Conan with open arms and show him that despite the way his old network has treated him, America loves him."

Dave -- who knows first-hand what it's like to be treated badly by NBC and Leno -- hasn't reached out to Conan directly, but his staff has contacted Conan's people letting them know about the open invitation.

If there's ever a way to get back at NBC, bashing them on another network would certainly be it."

Read more: Celebrities in the news

EDIT: Conan, if he goes on Letterman, won't fall for any Jay-bashing bait. That's not the INFJ way even if he has cause and would like to.

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
EDIT: Conan, if he goes on Letterman, won't fall for any Jay-bashing bait. That's not the INFJ way even if he has cause and would like to.

He's been bashing Jay all week.

Also, I agree with Jeffster.

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
In addition to Conan, you have Letterman, an INTJ, and The King, Johnny Carson, an ISTJ. While neither is/was particularly "expressive"--ITJs just aren't--it does make me think that there is something about introversion and judging which is compatible with this kind of talk show format...you need extreme reliability/endurance, you need to be a good host, but you also need to be somewhat...unobtrusive...and allow guests to hog the spotlight in interviews...
i though letterman was an ENTJ? he's better at schmoozing his guests. conan's feelings get in the way at times but no matter because he cracks me up. letterman is way more serious, while conan is a goof.
He's been bashing Jay all week.
yes! i came back into this thread to reply to this.
he started swiping at leno pretty much immediately.
Your mistypings are so removed from reality I would not know where to begin. I'm reminded of the Monty Python sketch about the English phrase book...
don't insult mp. that's all i'm gonna say. ;)

In the real world, it looks like the INJs are sticking together:
not really. letterman just hates nbc as does howard stern (stern also personally HATES leno) so they're on the bandwagon due to their own past shitty experience with NBC.

After the ugly way "The Tonight Show" has treated O'Brien, an unlikely person is jumping in to defend him -- Letterman. "Dave would love to get Conan on his show," an insider reports. "Not to rub NBC's noses into their huge mistake, but to welcome Conan with open arms and show him that despite the way his old network has treated him, America loves him."
bull fucking shit! :laugh: IF letterman is an INTJ as you state he is, then NO fucking way! he is still bitter because Leno took over for Johnny Carson when Dave wanted to AND he hates NBC. He practically bashed them at every opportunity when he was hosting his late show with them.

Dave -- who knows first-hand what it's like to be treated badly by NBC
exactly.
and Leno -- hasn't reached out to Conan directly, but his staff has contacted Conan's people letting them know about the open invitation.
because he's a HUGE pussy!

If there's ever a way to get back at NBC, bashing them on another network would certainly be it."
won't matter. they're assholes and it's business. if they fuck up they'll sort it out. the majority of the public have very short memories.

Fecal McAngry

IF letterman is an INTJ as you state he is, then NO fucking way! he is still bitter because Leno took over for Johnny Carson when Dave wanted to AND he hates NBC. He practically bashed them at every opportunity when he was hosting his late show with them.

Letterman likes and respects Conan. He's made that pretty clear over the years. He does respects, but does not like Leno and the fact that a bland ESFJ buffoon is more popular than himself is very galling...

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Letterman likes and respects Conan. He's made that pretty clear over the years. He does respects, but does not like Leno and the fact that a bland ESFJ buffoon is more popular than himself is very galling...

how do you happen to know what he is feeling?

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Tonight is the last night of "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien."

Maybe Conan will get a new show that will be even better than this one? That would = win for everyone... Except NBC, but there is no way for them to win...

speculative

Feelin' FiNe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well, that was a classy speech to end the show. Although, I could have done without the Will Ferrel song...

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
Well, that was a classy speech to end the show. Although, I could have done without the Will Ferrel song...
it really was. i'll even admit to having tears in my eyes. i even understood why he said cynicism was awful even though i don't entirely agree with that. conan is just an amazing person loaded with talent. i'm looking forward to seeing him on late night again, hopefully soon.