User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Enneagram
    1w2

Quiero un burrito de pollo, por favor!!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Yes, I understand what you're saying.

I guess I view it as having six in one hand, half dozen in another. It's truly a matter of the grass/greener syndrome. My brother just came back from Ghana and was telling me about how emulative of the British the rich in Accra are and how even the poor seek to have as many trappings of the West as they can lay their hands on. Everyone sees the other situation as better.

In terms of quality of life, I'm quite happy where I am as I surf the internet...I mean work in my climate controlled office. I think I'll head to Chipotle for lunch!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I think you're able to escape if you really want to. It's a choice to be a part of any society.
    *smiles* I'm not stupid enough to think that I'd be able to survive with the current mindset and body I have, in the wild. I'm very aware that I'm a spoilt little girl when it comes to the comforts of the 21st century, that I'm also in no way genetically build anymore to even try and survive in the wild. And as much as I resent the society we've build sometimes, I also am very much aware that I'm dependent of it. Doesn't take away the yearning though. A movie like Avatar just kinda...makes those feelings surface more, I guess.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Quiero un burrito de pollo, por favor!!
    Taco!
    Taco ggggggrrrrraaaaaaHHHHNNN-de!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

I didn't, I found it to be soul nourishing for my idealism.
    It's lines like this that give me total reasurance that I'm NOT an F type

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    It's lines like this that give me total reasurance that I'm NOT an F type
    Yeah, I didn't find it nourishing either...

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yeah, I didn't find it nourishing either...
    ya know I don't think my soul has ever been nourished, certainly not by a film... he he

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

ya know I don't think my soul has ever been nourished, certainly not by a film... he he
    Actually, I should clarify.
    I'm not sure what "nourishing one's idealism" means exactly.

Movies (and other art forms) definitely can nourish my thinking/understanding as well as my imagination/creativity. I also have aesthetic tastes and can appreciate texture and nuance.

But those seem to be less personal than whatever "idealism" stands for.

MBTI
    ENTP

Actually, I should clarify.
    I'm not sure what "nourishing one's idealism" means exactly.

Movies (and other art forms) definitely can nourish my thinking/understanding as well as my imagination/creativity. I also have aesthetic tastes and can appreciate texture and nuance.

But those seem to be less personal than whatever "idealism" stands for.
    Maybe anothr F/T killer question.... what did this media do for you... nourish your idealisim of expand your thinking.... LOL

Just not a way I look at the world....

I'm pretty arty too but not to foster idealaism, I get stumulus from paintings, bill posters, music, ballet, opera, movies to a lesser extent..... yes fire my thinking sometimes too much on occation

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Maybe anothr F/T killer question.... what did this media do for you... nourish your idealisim of expand your thinking.... LOL
    It was more an experience for me. Escapism... or, less negatively, projection into another world, via the characters and immersion in the 3D experience.

I just happened to care about the world and people, and I actually had feelings stirred in me due to the size and newness of some of the world, they flying, its beauty at night, etc. I just let myself feel things and respond as if I were in the movie, rather than trying to dissect it all.

I get stumulus from paintings, bill posters, music, ballet, opera, movies to a lesser extent..... yes fire my thinking sometimes too much on occation
    I'm an evokateur -- I expect art to generate some abstracted amorphous but intense feeling state in me that pulls everything together holistically. Art that doesn't resonate in some way inside is boring, bland, or meaningless. It's sort of the same thing I experienced during decent worship services, especially if I was playing piano and creating the mood myself. Transcendence of some sort.

"Idealism" sounds more specific, like affirming your faith in people or how certain values will triumph or something. It's less about that and more of a holistic immediate experience that leaves me feeling connected with everything.

MBTI
    ENTP

I just happened to care about the world and people, and I actually had feelings stirred in me due to the size and newness of some of the world, they flying, its beauty at night, etc. I just let myself feel things and respond as if I were in the movie, rather than trying to dissect it all.
    I hope this makes more sense if you'd seen the film, but I haven't I was just reading through the first parts of the thread and got the soul nourisment quote... which I thought was ace....

"Idealism" sounds more specific, like affirming your faith in people or how certain values will triumph or something. It's less about that and more of a holistic immediate experience that leaves me feeling connected with everything.
    Indeed....