User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Mass Effect 2

MBTI
    INTx

Default Mass Effect 2

I rarely geek out over movies, music, games, etc about to be released, but this is the exception.

I am thrilled that the game will allow me to import my Shepard from ME1 and continue his/her adventures in the ME universe. Apparantly upwards of a hundred plot decisions you made in ME1 will flow through into ME2 and ME3 (it's slated to be a trilogy) in an overarching story. Classes are the same but have been highly reworked. Superior AI that varies between squadmates, enemy races, and difficulty level. And a risk that if you play through to a "bad" ending, that Shepard is dead and not able to import into ME3.

Anyone else waiting not so patiently?

MBTI
    iNtJ
    Enneagram
    152 so/sx
    Socionics
    INTp Ni

Haha, I completely geeked out on Mass Effect. I read almost every single bit of news I could find, and devoured the entire ME wiki at one point.

I would be waiting impatiently have it not been for my demanding classes this quarter. I want to start ME on its release date, but I know I'll get hooked in and forget about everything else too easily.
    "I cannot expect even my own art to provide all of the answers -- only to hope it keeps asking the right questions." -- Grace Hartigan

Enneagram: Tritype - 1w9, 5 (balanced wings), 2w3; Overall Variant: So/Sx
    SLOAN: rCoa|I|
    Functional Preferences: Ni, Te/Fi, Ti, Se, Fe, Si, Ne

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Looking into the eyes of a [Ni user] is like peeking through a portal into a parallel universe.

XBox 360, T_T I so wanna try it out, but then i'd have to buy a second console.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by YaeRRoW View Post
    XBox 360, T_T I so wanna try it out, but then i'd have to buy a second console.
    Ahhh, the joy of being a Playstation elitist.

In order to get all the good games, you have to buy all the consoles - which is actually isn't any worse than building a gaming computer (I know people who have put thousands of dollars into their computer)

This could go into the psychology of Computer vs Console... hmmm
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Yep I'm pretty pumped. I always go Biotic. Gotta make sure my character is ready for migration!

Quote Originally Posted by Skyward View Post
    Ahhh, the joy of being a Playstation elitist.

In order to get all the good games, you have to buy all the consoles - which is actually isn't any worse than building a gaming computer (I know people who have put thousands of dollars into their computer)

This could go into the psychology of Computer vs Console... hmmm
    There is a PC version on the way Ima happy now!

But i'd rather not buy a shitload of expensive consoles just because the game is soo good. Unless ima veery wealthy person.

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Yep I'm pretty pumped. I always go Biotic. Gotta make sure my character is ready for migration!
    I've got a high level Sentinel ready to go. I recently played through the game again to have all the plot choices I made fresh in my mind. The reworking of biotics looks fun - apparently Adepts will be deadly even without weapons, and Vanguards have their new "teleport to the enemy" move which gets them right into things.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Feops View Post
    I've got a high level Sentinel ready to go. I recently played through the game again to have all the plot choices I made fresh in my mind. The reworking of biotics looks fun - apparently Adepts will be deadly even without weapons, and Vanguards have their new "teleport to the enemy" move which gets them right into things.
    Wow, nice on the Sentinel! I know they were never really a popular choice but I always had either Kaiden, Garrus, or Wrex as my teammates because their CC and Debuff abilities are just superb on hard. But yeah, while I thought Biotics are nearly OP once you start maxing their powers [singularity and lift are just insane] they can start out rough. Definitely looking forward to the refinements.

Just debating PC vs. 360. My PC can handle it but I loved the experience on the xbox for the first one, and I'm not liking the whole 2 discs thing unless I can install both to the HDD and play off one disc.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Will be way cool but am not thrilled on being hooked to the box until I finish. Thats what sucks about being a P is it seems like all my focus gets sucked up into entertainment value.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    INTx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Wow, nice on the Sentinel! I know they were never really a popular choice but I always had either Kaiden, Garrus, or Wrex as my teammates because their CC and Debuff abilities are just superb on hard. But yeah, while I thought Biotics are nearly OP once you start maxing their powers [singularity and lift are just insane] they can start out rough. Definitely looking forward to the refinements.

Just debating PC vs. 360. My PC can handle it but I loved the experience on the xbox for the first one, and I'm not liking the whole 2 discs thing unless I can install both to the HDD and play off one disc.
    Sentinels are, in my opinion, a fun but not very "strong" class. You give up the very best stuff like singularity, warp, hacking, and dampening, in addition to having the weakest weapon skills. But you get the batman utility belt to deal with every situation and that made them fun for me. Also I could pack a couple goon characters like wrex and ashley then go wreck things without having to babysit them.

The PC version of most games are usually superior in my opinion. High res textures + mouse and keyboard control.