First 34567 Last

Thread: Mass Effect 2

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

For what? The outcome is different for everyone, what exactly am I spoiling?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    For what? The outcome is different for everyone, what exactly am I spoiling?
    Well the fact that it happens in the first place. Sure, something similar happened in the first game, but it still a pretty significant plot element. I personally would prefer not to know.

I got an alien gay crush on Mordin.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Well the fact that it happens in the first place. Sure, something similar happened in the first game, but it still a pretty significant plot element. I personally would prefer not to know.

I got an alien gay crush on Mordin.
    Except, depending on how you play it may not happen at all.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Except, depending on how you play it may not happen at all.
    Really? Well, I haven't read that much about the game pre-release. That's pretty cool, though. I know I could replay and get a different result but...

no casualties at all?

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

No causalities. If you play through perfectly.

MBTI
    IxtP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I beat it with no casualties and I believe you missed Zaeed.
    Under Construction

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

What makes you say that? I downloaded him yesterday morning. I didn't miss anything.

Also to maximize your fun with the ending, you can play through the final mission sans the actual trip in the ship, which is an adventure all to itself, as many times as you want in as many variations as you can manage. As long as you've already completed it, it should be a reply option on the loading screen. And if you manage not to die, you can just continue your game and story post credits.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

No one left behind.

Amazing game. Time to fix my sleep pattern now, more or less.

MBTI
    INTx

I'm still playing through the game, but I think it was fairly public knowledge that your teammates and shepard can get killed.

One of the features that interested me was the talk on adjusting how difficulties worked in ME2 vs ME1. I've decided to make my first playthrough on insanity and I'm fairly happy how it's worked out. You die fast in a crossfire but heavy weapons don't instagib you anymore. It's really important to strip enemies of defenses quickly.. and everyone has defenses. Worse still, those defenses block a lot of powers, so a number of control abilities become substantially less useful. For example, a shielded krogen rushes me - I can't use push to kick him away, but I could have an ally strip his shields and then push him away. It requires more setup and team coordination.

As a bonus, the difficulty has slowed my progress and stretched out the gameplay length.

The AI seems smarter about taking cover but I'm a little disappointed that they fail to adjust to their own health.. as a player I'm more aggressive at full health/shields and become more defensive as I take damage. I'd expect my squad do to likewise. Pathing is mostly good and my allies are usually smart enough to take cover, but there are still trouble spots where they'd prefer to do a lap of the battlefield rather than go in a straight line.

The story seems solid to me. Without giving away spoilers, I found the "enemy" to be a bit less focused and "allied" relations to be more strained, leading to about roughly the same driving force in the story as a whole. Character development is decent. I found the salarian doctor (mordin? I'm bad with names) to be the greatest surprise in terms of character depth and enjoy the interactions with him greatly.

I like not having to manage an inventory. Collecting dozens upon dozens of useless guns and armor just to sell them off was a chore. The new upgrade system with the research and materials gathering feels more meaningful. It makes finds more exciting. I'm kind of meh about flying the normandy around manually - I'm just going point to point anyway.

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    No one left behind.

Amazing game. Time to fix my sleep pattern now, more or less.
    For the last three days Mass Effect 2 has been my life. I have finished it now, and I should really move on, maybe come back to it later. I feel depressed though. Im sad thats it's ended + I'm guilty for not working those three days. Bad times.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump