• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How come everyone hates Bono so much?

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I wouldn't say I hate Bono. I like some old stuff from U2, mostly from war and Joshua Tree, but as I look at U2 discography they seem to become more and more pop/mainstreem band every year. They used to fight for rights of Irish people, against war, they used to fight for meaningfull things, now all they do is just talking populistic bullshits about world peace and cooporates with such a singers like Byonce to (destroy) remake such a songs like One. For me Bono is a person, who made a lot, who for sure deserves an admiration for what he fought for, but he is just like many many others who sold a good idea, good name and a good band for being liked and famous.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't really hate him, but, well, let's say that: he is annoying, preachy, pretentious, and above all he says a lot of bullshit about subjects that he doesn't understand, and his humanitarian work actually serve a lot the projects of the Big Government, the military lobby and the new world order.

As an Illuminati member, let me tell you that you're right. Bono is one of our biggest special agents. We're trying to find inroads in the entertainment industry who won't turn on us like Stanley Kubrick did. Bono seems to be loyal to our cause, almost as useful as Alex Jones.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[video]http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155668/bono-is-crap[/video]

Please take a brief moment to hear the touching back story to Bono's strange, glorious past. Maybe we'll all think twice before juding people or being such turds.

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This totally. I watched a video called "Why Poverty?" and even grassroots organizations in Africa hate him and think he's caused more bad there (with stupid stereotypes and his own closed interpretation of what the problem in Africa was without consulting their insights as local organizations) than good. I guess he meant well, but was incredibly naif. and also came from a perspective of superiority, almost reminiscent to previous colonialists, of "trying to save africa", yeah because africa needs to be saved by white people; it really bugs me that he would cause all that media attention and seriously not have the humility to ask to the experts there, to the local organisations: "what do you need?" "what are the problems?" "how can we help you?"

also: annoying music.

:yes:There's was ever "humanitarian" justification for the colonisation of Africa in the 19th century. So now there's the same justifications for neo-colonialism. It's the same thing.

pinkgraffiti

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As an Illuminati member..., let me tell you that you're right. Bono is one of our biggest special agents. We're trying to find inroads in the entertainment industry who won't turn on us like Stanley Kubrick did. Bono seems to be loyal to our cause, almost as useful as Alex Jones.

uhh uhh i want in i want in!!!
clapping-seal-o.gif

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think he's great, and that opinion is solidified even more by his "outspoken-ness" on important social issues. I don't think the fact that U2 has gone downhill really explains people's hatred of him. I don't see that level of hatred for even people like Justin Bieber. I think people don't like him, and claim he's self-righteous, is because they know he's right and don't want to admit it or be bothered with standing up or doing anything about anything themselves.

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
Going to answer this one from the perspective of being an Irish man.

He's a raging hypocrite.

He has a huge superiority complex.

He supported George Bush.

His music is boring and dull.

Most of his "charity work" is him talking about all the bad things in the world, but doing very little to make it a better place. He makes far more money from his "charity" efforts than actually goes to help people. He throws his money around the place, and demands stupid amounts of money just to show his "support" of things. He's been proven guilty of tax evasion too, which is the biggest hypocrisy ever.

He throws his ego around like he's Jesus and everyone else is the problem, but is completely unaware of his constant self obsessed hypocrisy. He's a patronising gut. He seems to think that he has to insert himself everywhere, as if his approval is somehow a necessity, despite the fact that he or his music hasn't been relevant in over a decade.

Most people here in Ireland can't bloody stand him, and for good reason.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Visited this thread again since it got resurrected. I'm even more sure of my point from earlier. If you want to do some good and you're in the public eye, you better be morally cleaner than Jesus or people are going to rip you to shreds.

taylord

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
I think if anybody were to dislike him, it's because we don't expect our rock stars to be saints. We expect them to rock, and all of that other shit they do to make themselves and others feel better is the wrong kind of noise. We want our rock stars to live miserable, amoral lives of complete and utter hedonism and decay. As a rule, an artist always produces better stuff when they are a completely miserable human being.

Words of Ivory

facettes de la petite mor
MBTI Type
INFJ
Visited this thread again since it got resurrected. I'm even more sure of my point from earlier. If you want to do some good and you're in the public eye, you better be morally cleaner than Jesus or people are going to rip you to shreds.
It has nothing to do with him "doing good" and everything to do with his ego about it. His methods of "charity" have been criticised by the very people he's claiming to help, to the point where they have only made the problems in those countries *worse*.

He has a God complex.

Typh0n

clever fool
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think if anybody were to dislike him, it's because we don't expect our rock stars to be saints. We expect them to rock, and all of that other shit they do to make themselves and others feel better is the wrong kind of noise. We want our rock stars to live miserable, amoral lives of complete and utter hedonism and decay.As a rule, an artist always produces better stuff when they are a completely miserable human being.

I think thats a huge misconception. There is no reason for it to be true, no basis, except in the "tortured artist" stereotype that began in the 19th century and continues to this day...

taylord

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
True or not, people seem to like the stereotype and dislike it when its broken by people like Bono. I personally though like artists whose stuff comes from their deep inner misery. It's hard to like something with sunshine blowing out its ass.

freeeekyyy

Cheeseburgers
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bono doesn't have sunshine blowing out his ass. Have you ever actually listened to a lot of U2 tracks? Hope and "sunshine blowing out its ass" are not the same thing.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
It seems to have become a major left-wing/middle-class fad to hate Bono. I can't quite figure out why.

I may be biased to not hate him, as I have been a huge U2 fan for more than half my life (though in the biggest way from age 15-20 or so). Mind you, he is more than a little annoying. He can come across as self-centered, self-righteous, preachy, OTT, pretentious...etc.

But people seem to have chosen to hate him because he speaks up and campaigns for the causes he cares about. I should qualify again, I don't necessarily agree with all his views or approaches. But the thing that makes me laugh/go :shock: is that a lot of people seem to find celebrities who are drug-addled, alcoholic, Satan worshipers, stupid, murderers, etc, highly lovable and even admirable. Based on all the Bono-hating, the biggest sin of all is using your fame and popularity to promote what by most people's standards are good causes.

I may be taking it too far, but I find this an interesting example of the world's skewed morality.
I can't figure this out either!!:shrug:

I don't pay attention enough to celebs to really care, but why so much hate? I don't get it??!:unsure::shock::huh: