• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

simpsons?

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Who knows what has happened to that show?...
I can't be bothered watching it cause it seems so.... crappy.

- INFX's would probably feel the superficiality from the show now, as in, now it's like sell-out-ish kinda, and well... crappy... and repelling - overuse of effects and stuff - not good enough story line - literally before the movie I'd find myself on the ground laughing my head off, but now it can't even get a smile out of me.....disappointing.:cry:

- Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the Simpsons, I've watched every episode of it except somewhere after the movie came out, they should have just ended it there - even though I didn't think the same at the time.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
So why is this in the NF section?

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
i fucking love the simpsons, along with south park it is easily one of my favourite shows

family guy on the other hand :2up::dont:

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
The Simpsons is great!

And Family Guy, King of the Hill, South Park...should I not like these as an NF? :laugh:

I relate to Lisa somewhat. Atlough I'd type her as an INFJ, not P.

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

The Simpsons is great!

And Family Guy, King of the Hill, South Park...should I not like these as an NF? :laugh:

I relate to Lisa somewhat. Atlough I'd type her as an INFJ, not P.

no. - what the hell are u guys on about???, - I'm not saying that all INFJ's hate simpsons, I still like the simpsons and I'm an INFj, I'm just saying do any other infjs think that the simpsons has gone a bit over the top (somehow), cause I think it has - the characters seem a bit off then they used to be, the show used to somehow interact with practically all characters in the simpsons, but now (like in the movie), I barely see anyone else except for the family in story, Idk, but somethings different - it's probably just lost it's touch.:cry:

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
no. - what the hell are u guys on about???, - I'm not saying that all INFJ's hate simpsons, I still like the simpsons and I'm an INFj, I'm just saying do any other infjs think that the simpsons has gone a bit over the top (somehow), cause I think it has - the characters seem a bit off then they used to be, the show used to somehow interact with practically all characters in the simpsons, but now (like in the movie), I barely see anyone else except for the family in story, Idk, but somethings different - it's probably just lost it's touch.:cry:

over the top eh?

how do you feel about family guy?

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
over the top eh?

how do you feel about family guy?

not over the top like, 'over the top retarded' or anything, - like... well... like I said before IDK, somethings different, lack of comedic timing maybe.

- family guy's funny in a way on how it's so unexpected and bags people out, kinda of like a mindless humor, at least the show didn't change into something it's not, it would always be over the top and random.

P

Phantonym

With 21 seasons already, it's bound to get old. Maybe it's the beginning of the end...

Oh, you should start watching it from the very beginning and relive the awesomeness (or not, because you might discover that it's you that has changed and not the show, better not mess with sweet nostalgia).

flameskull95

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
you can't watch the simpsons and not relive the awesomeness, so I wouldn't have changed.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd agree that the Simpsons aren't as good anymore as they were in the first seasons ... Storylines are worse and revolve around individual quirks, and now it's more cheesy than satirical comedy.
It's a pity that Futurama has been cancelled after only two seasons.

So why is this in the NF section?

Good question. Looks more like a Popular Culture and Type thread.

Prime

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Yeah, I understand and agree with you, buddy. Except I felt the downward spiral started around Season 9 -- when South Park exploded onto the scene. Sure, there were other cartoons during the early 90's (Ren & Stimpy, Beavis & Butthead), but nothing that could really compete on the Simpsons' level of pop culture examination and intelligent humor.

But South Park had broad appeal while pushing things over the top (more profanity, more violence, etc.). Eventually, I think the writers of the Simpsons had to alter their style in order to appeal to the younger generation raised on South Park.

The Simpsons is like the O Blood Type. It can influence just about any show with positive results. But when it receives inspiration from South Park (which is a pretty good show), it's an incompatible transfusion.

Atomic Fiend

There are only so many stories you can tell, and it seems (Judging from the episodes that are rehashes of older ones) that the Simpsons have exhausted that list.

HotpinkHeatwave

MBTI Type
ENFP
I love, love, LOVE the Simpsons! With all my heart. It is my absolute favorite cartoon, hands down. :)

mr.awesome

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
how is this in nf section? haha.
but i completely agree. i think i had watched 350 or so episodes and knew them all by heart. [or however many episodes there were up until the movie came out]
the movie was good. but after that the show seemed to have became so mediocre and washed up im just not feelin it anymore. the humor doesnt move me like it did. maybe it just comes with age?

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have conflicting opinions of The Simpsons. On one hand, my Generation Y nostalgia infatuation loves that constant familiar presence of something I was an avid viewer of in my childhood. I feel so ingrained into the show, feeling as if I know most of the characters and their back stories that allow me to get some of the humor that my fly past a first time viewer.

However, the other half that loathes most american television networks that continue to ring all the last droplets of water out of the proverbial towel of anything that once held promise on TV. Rather than realizing things have reached their peek creatively and letting them bow out with dignity, they continue to keep going and going until things reach such a level of mediocrity that it becomes an embarrassment to its own legacy. I'd rather just let the show go than watch it die the extricating death of surviving only on its own legacy.

Phoenix

MBTI Type
XNTX
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I never really liked the Simpsons. A few episodes / seasons here and there --- but for the most part I was and still am pretty apathetic to its existence.