User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moral Movies

Princess Bride!

*My name is Indigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to DIE!!!!!!!*

I think pretty much any movie could have a moral to the story. Usually of the karma-bites-in-the-ass variety.

Taken - Moral: If you kidnap an international assassin-for-hire and then dare him to find you and kill you, he will find you and he will kill you.

Iron Man - Moral: Holding a weapons tycoon with ridiculous intellectual genius hostage in a cave, and forcing him to build weapons for you is a dumbass idea. Shoot the prick, and send for a Cheaper Than Dirt catalog.

Avatar - Aboriginal super-humanoids, scientists, and crippled ex-Marines can and will kill you if you piss them off. Do not piss them off. Placing a borderline-psychotic colonel in command of your outpost probably isn't the best idea, either.

idk if this is what you mean.. but i thought the truman show had a really strong and good message. sort of different than morals though i suppose.
    my etsy Morphochroma

I know you think I'm crazy,
    but most people they can't tell.

What qualifies as a revenge movie? Star Wars: A New Hope can be a revenge movie if you think about it. Poor Uncle Owen....

See also The Karate Kid.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson Array

Sin City is a very moral movie. The 7 deadly sins and 7 cardinal virtues are all over the place in that flick...

Shawshank redemption of course...

The Green Mile...

And if you're looking for a revenge flick, you have GOT to see Payback with mel gibson. Priceless I tell you!

Is The Count of Monte Cristo really a moral movie? I haven't seen any of the film adaptations, but from the novel, the Count's guilt is rather whitewashed in the end (thanks to the power of God). And Mercedes deserves to be a nun for being a complete pawn while Edmond sails off in the sunset with his Greek child bride (who truly knows she loves him and not just because he saved her life)?

He with the greatest riches in order to screw over his enemies wins?