User Tag List

12311 Last

Default Official MMA Discussion

Everything MMA-related goes here.

K-1 and boxing, and more obscure sports like Kyokushin, Daido-Juku competition is also allowed.

OK, I'll start.

I believe Fedor Emelianenko is the greatest fighter in the world, of all time.

PROOF!!!

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY"]Fedor "The Last Emperor" Emelianenko[/YOUTUBE]

However, my favorite combat sport has got to be K-1 MAX, which is the 75kg division of K-1. The heavyweights are fun to watch, but I don't think they are anywhere near the technical level of the smaller weightclasses.

The best standup/Muay Thai fighter in the world today:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jm5cJ-OyO0"]Yodsanklai "The Computer Wizard" Fairtex[/YOUTUBE]

I believe Fedor is the shit as well.. Too bad he doesn't go into UFC (for the sake of just rounding out opponents.. and also, the HW division is dead. Oh, and someone needs to kick the shit out of Brock Lesnar).

Favorite fighter is Machida though. Followed by Bas Rutten, just for being a funny mofo.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Where is GSP? Is he still healing from that groin injury? I really miss his superman punches and beautiful takedowns. Just love the sound of two bodies hitting the floor of the Octagon.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Had a brief super-man crush on Mirko Cro Cop for a while there. Just watching videos of him annihilating people with roundhouse kicks was awesome. Guy had the biggest legs I've ever seen. Then he lost to some brazilian [on a devastating roundhouse kick, no less] and I really haven't seen him around.

I don't really follow much but I watch some fights from time to time. Not a big fan of how potent a good ground game is; I like fights where the guys stay on their feet.

Also, I will forever love MMA for giving me the Gina Carano Bite Lip and Giggle gif.

*passes out*

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Had a brief super-man crush on Mirko Cro Cop for a while there. Just watching videos of him annihilating people with roundhouse kicks was awesome. Guy had the biggest legs I've ever seen. Then he lost to some brazilian [on a devastating roundhouse kick, no less] and I really haven't seen him around.

I don't really follow much but I watch some fights from time to time. Not a big fan of how potent a good ground game is; I like fights where the guys stay on their feet.

Also, I will forever love MMA for giving me the Gina Carano Bite Lip and Giggle gif.

*passes out*
    Yeah tough not to melt over. She had to be taking professional "sexy" lessons from her manager. I can't believe that would come natural. Didn't she just have a kid or something.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENTP

Fedor is the best fighter, and Gina Carano.... i'd do terrible, terrible things to her. Goddamn

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

This guy is the future of the LHW division...

[YOUTUBE="qsy8aT--bGU"]Jon Jones[/YOUTUBE]

He has a crazy wing span, and is one of the most creative strikers I've ever seen.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

^Mega respect to that.

I'mma throw down my fandom for Anderson Silva here as best current p4p fighter in the world right now.

A ton of people don't like his style of fighting, because he's cautious and waits for his opponents to make mistakes, but FUCK, the man's level of technique is staggering. He's had the highest record for defending a title in the UFC, AND he's even fought in a higher weight division.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    This guy is the future of the LHW division...
    Gotta beat Machida first.

Which..... Is no small feat. Technically, Machida has yet to even lose a round.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Gotta beat Machida first.

Which..... Is no small feat. Technically, Machida has yet to even lose a round.
    Except for:

and