User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    This guy is the future of the LHW division...

[YOUTUBE="qsy8aT--bGU"]Jon Jones[/YOUTUBE]

He has a crazy wing span, and is one of the most creative strikers I've ever seen.
    He has an unorthodox style that is fun to watch. He'll clean up at lower levels.

He is just asking for one down the pipeline though. A good Tim Sylvia straight cross will be his downfall.

Well... Sylvia would be overkill. Seeing that he's a 6'8" HW

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    Well... Sylvia would be overkill. Seeing that he's a 6'8" HW
    The point is that Sylvia is a no talent oaf with one tool, right cross. Bones has some holes that need to be patched up.

Oh my bad. I thought you meant you wanted him to fight Sylvia. Heh

I haven't seen enough of Jones to say he's limited, but assuming that he is, it's a dangerous position to be in LWH. Practically every fighter in the division is dynamic.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by avolkiteshvara View Post
    The point is that Sylvia is a no talent oaf with one tool, right cross. Bones has some holes that need to be patched up.
    The guy just got picked up by Greg Jackson, the trainer whose camp includes GSP and Rashad Evans (he's like the Belichick of MMA trainers). If that's not an indicator of potential I don't know what is.

He has an 84.5" wingspan, in the LHW division.

That's insane, no one even comes close.

With the speed, creativity, and accuracy he's already displayed, it is undisputed that he has a very bright future in MMA.

MBTI
    YaYa

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    The guy just got picked up by Greg Jackson, the trainer whose camp includes GSP and Rashad Evans (he's like the Belichick of MMA trainers). If that's not an indicator of potential I don't know what is.
    If he is training with Greg Jackson now, he'll get much better and plug up those holes. Jackson did wonders for Joe Stevenson. Completely different fighter.

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

wanderlai is going to kick bisbing's ass. end of story.
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

It seems like various forms of grappling is the key to cage fighting thus even with the more recent rules grappling heavy arts like Brazilian Jujitsu win.

Would that be the same on the street or 1 against 2 or 5 against 5 in the field.(i.e grappler would seem to be very vulnerable with when grappling with a 2nd opponent still standing/kicking them while preoccupied etc...

Is this the case?

If so what is the preferred (superior or most appropriate for the situation) martial art style in fights of 1 against 2, and/or 5 against 5 skilled opponents in fighting?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    XNXP
    Enneagram
    OMG sx
    Socionics
    iuno

Quote Originally Posted by spamtar View Post
    It seems like various forms of grappling is the key to cage fighting thus even with the more recent rules grappling heavy arts like Brazilian Jujitsu win.

Would that be the same on the street or 1 against 2 or 5 against 5 in the field.(i.e grappler would seem to be very vulnerable with when grappling with a 2nd opponent still standing/kicking them while preoccupied etc...

Is this the case?

If so what is the preferred (superior or most appropriate for the situation) martial art style in fights of 1 against 2, and/or 5 against 5 skilled opponents in fighting?
    when facing multiple enemies your obviously no going to want to get on the ground, that would only make you vulnerable.

and the weapon is only as good as the person using it, any type of standup would be very effective if used properly in a while facing multiple enemies, or even just one. Keep your distance and pick your shots, preferably striking after they make a move. Defence is really important. If you go in swinging chances are you are leaving yourself open
    1+1=3 OMFG

MBTI
    YaYa

I usually defeat most of my enemies with red kryptonite.