User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Yeah, boxers have to stand up and hit each other though, and not grapple. If a huge dude is going to hit you, you don't want to stand there and try to dodge or block, that's a good way to get killed.

Some times the best way to avoid those powerful punches is to be stuck on the person like glue because in that case they just can't generate nearly as much power as a fully extending stand up punch. It'll still hurt but stand up punching tries to use the whole body and put the force into the end of the fist, and it just doesn't work as well if they are prevented from utilizing all those muscles.

Edit: on that note this is why boxers some times 'hug' or clinch each other in the middle of a fight because it gives them a relief from being hit momentarily but since it isn't wrestling, the ref will usually separate them to a point.
    I see.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Yeah, boxers have to stand up and hit each other though, and not grapple. If a huge dude is going to hit you, you don't want to stand there and try to dodge or block, that's a good way to get killed.

Some times the best way to avoid those powerful punches is to be stuck on the person like glue because in that case they just can't generate nearly as much power as a fully extending stand up punch. It'll still hurt but stand up punching tries to use the whole body and put the force into the end of the fist, and it just doesn't work as well if they are prevented from utilizing all those muscles.

Edit: on that note this is why boxers some times 'hug' or clinch each other in the middle of a fight because it gives them a relief from being hit momentarily but since it isn't wrestling, the ref will usually separate them to a point.
    so the first paragraph is about boxing, the second about MMA and the last about boxing again,i just want to make sure i understand,
    also in muay thai for example you can strike really hard with your elbow if standing close to your opponent

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Scheherezade View Post
    so the first paragraph is about boxing, the second about MMA and the last about boxing again,i just want to make sure i understand,
    also in muay thai for example you can strike really hard with your elbow if standing close to your opponent
    How did you even find this thread, and why are you quoting me from almost a year ago? I'm really not interested anymore by now.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I searched mma doh

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post

Birger King ad
    Translation:
    After my last fight, I decided to invite my opponent to a barbecue.
    And since I think he's a bit sad, I decided to reinforce the invitation.
    Here are two ''bk picanha'' coupons. That's barbecue with real sirloin.
    You're invited to go to any Burger King in Brazil to taste this delight.
    Now you can say you've won something out of me!
    I'm sure the last thing Anderson does is incorporate burger king in his diet.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Watching UFC right now. Still don't quite understand why guys like beating up on each other so much.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    Watching UFC right now. Still don't quite understand why guys like beating up on each other so much.
    Because women like it.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Moniker View Post
    Because women like it.
    I don't think that's it at all.

Epiphany

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I don't think that's it at all.
    I think that has a lot to do with it. Not MMA specifically, but aggression in general. There are plenty of women who think it's sexy to watch guys try to physically dominate each other. If women, as a whole, were unanimously turned off by aggression in men, I think you would see a lot fewer men showing aggression in its various forms.

Btw...why are you watching UFC?

I recall you starting a thread about boxing once, in which you expressed your interest in the sport. Why do you think you enjoy watching men fight?