• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

brittany murphy died today

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
story

how shocking! only 32. :(

RIP brittany.

happyfeetprem5.jpg

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yes, I know. My heart actually sunk a little bit, even though I saw it coming five years ago. I'm not shocked, but actually seeing it made me sad.

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
was she a drug addict? seems she had a bad heart.

I assumed this because of how skinny she got in her later years. Couple that with a bad heart and well, there you go. But I really have no idea and it's just conjecture.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I'm willing to bet drugs played a part. Probably an overdose.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
people die everyday and no one mourns for them everyday, i dont get why this is more shocking just because she was a celebrity..

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
was she a drug addict? seems she had a bad heart.

She had a severe eating disorder, and combined with the unstable behavior she exhibited back when she broke up with Ashton Kutcher, she seemed like a likely candidate for an early death ... honestly, when I clicked on the link I suspected she either died of anorexia or suicide. My first thought wasn't of drugs, but I guess that's a possibility.

Ivy

Strongly Ambivalent
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
people die everyday and no one mourns for them everyday, i dont get why this is more shocking just because she was a celebrity..

32 year olds don't die every day of cardiac arrest.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wonder who is the next victim...

S

Sniffles

I agree with you, but the death of a person(celebrity or no) is still a serious matter, and in this case a bit of a tragedy.

I thought she sucked as an actress and was ugly as hell. Nevertheless, I hope she's united now with our Lord.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
32 year olds don't die every day of cardiac arrest.

much younger people die in hunger everyday

I agree with you, but the death of a person(celebrity or no) is still a serious matter, and in this case a bit of a tragedy.

yes, but there is much more tragic deaths happening meny times every day

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
That's such a lame concept^ I have trouble believing that someone actually entertains it.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
much younger people die in hunger everyday

yes, but there is much more tragic deaths happening meny times every day

The unfortunate truth about human beings is that they mourn most for people who die when they feel some sort of identification or connection with that person. It happens with celebrities when a person has particularly followed that celebrity's work, because on some artistic level the fan may feel a personal emotional response to the film, book, music, etc. Even though most individuals aren't actually "personally connected" to famous people, the symbolic identification can still be present.

Besides, if everyone sat around and cried over all the people who die in the world everyday, we'd all hang ourselves...or at the very least, life wouldn't go on. Grieving for people whom you feel either a personal connection or identification with is a defense mechanism against being emotionally overwhelmed by the death surrounding us every day.

You can also look it as healthy that people express grief, symbolically, through celebrities because grief has to be acknowledged somewhere - even if subconsciously underneath it all it's actually about something else.