User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Yeah but you have to admit it does have a ring of truth to it.
    how come? if 10000 dead is statistic then 1 person is just smaller number in statistics and if 1 person dead is tradegy then 10000 dead is 10000 times the same tragedy
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    nah its not about that amount of deaths, its just that i dont get why someone feels bad for one person dying who s/he didnt know, but doesent feel the same way for others who die and s/he didnt know.

I thought I had already explained that quite adequately. Also, I wonder the same about you - why do you feel bad for random fourteen year old killing him or herself because they can't handle this world, but don't feel bad for mentally unstable 32 year old woman who likely starved herself to death or took a drug overdose?

Because, after all, Britanny Murphy was just a woman.

I think you're using this as a platform to spread some liberal rhetoric about why we should embrace social programs and stop war, and as liberal as I may be myself (actually I'm a moderate Democrat) this is why I fucking hate liberals.

MBTI
    INFP

and was ugly as hell
    Huh?

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I thought I had already explained that quite adequately. Also, I wonder the same about you - why do you feel bad for random fourteen year old killing him or herself because they can't handle this world, but don't feel bad for mentally unstable 32 year old woman who likely starved herself to death or took a drug overdose?

Because, after all, Britney Murphey was just a woman.

I think you're using this as some platform to spread some liberal rhetoric about why we should embrace social programs and stop war, and as liberal as I may be myself (actually I'm a moderate Democrat) this is why I fucking hate liberals.
    14year old kid killing herself is a real tragedy, this isnt in my opinion. that 14 year old kid happened to be my cousins daughter, but i dont think that it was tragedy just because i knew her.

i dont feel bad for brittany because i didnt develope eny emotion bond between her or between enyone who knew her. if i would feel bad for everyone i havent developed emotion bond between i would just cry all day because people are dying every second.

sorry but i dont understand that last sentence and i dont even know exactly what liberals or democrats stand for because we dont use those names for politic parties here
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Sniffles

how come? if 10000 dead is statistic then 1 person is just smaller number in statistics and if 1 person dead is tradegy then 10000 dead is 10000 times the same tragedy

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

i dont feel bad for brittany because i didnt develope eny emotion bond between her or between enyone who knew her. if i would feel bad for everyone i havent developed emotion bond between i would just cry all day because people are dying every second.
    You're just re-stating in different language what I said to you, thereby answering your own question.

Have a nice day, comrade.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

We should have a thread all the "don't feel bad for anyone's death because other people die" responses go in. It really does happen everytime a star dies.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    You're just re-stating in different language what I said to you, thereby answering your own question.

Have a nice day, comrad.
    but how can you develope emotion bond between(not to) someone who you dont even personally know? or is it just my low Fe that doesent allow me to form an emotional bond to someone who doesent do the same for me or doesent even know me?
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    We should have a thread all the "don't feel bad for anyone's death because other people die" responses go in. It really does happen everytime a star dies.
    maybe some mod will split this discussion to topic like that
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

but how can you develope emotion bond between(not to) someone who you dont even personally know? or is it just my low Fe that doesent allow me to form an emotional bond to someone who doesent do the same for me or doesent even know me?
    I already said:

It happens with celebrities when a person has particularly followed that celebrity's work, because on some artistic level the fan may feel a personal emotional response to the film, book, music, etc. Even though most individuals aren't actually "personally connected" to famous people, the symbolic identification can still be present.
    and this:

You can also look it as healthy that people express grief, symbolically, through celebrities because grief has to be acknowledged somewhere - even if subconsciously underneath it all it's actually about something else.
    to address that question.